d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Atlanta Falcons Fan Thread
Prev1174175176177178179Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 101.00
Apr 28 2018 11:52am
Quote (Atlfan @ 28 Apr 2018 17:57)
Curious to see where the falcons go today. I like nyheim hines, Tyrell Crosby, Josh Sweat, Duke Ejiofor, Kalen Ballage, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Dimitri Flowers, and Ian Thomas. They may be all gone before our pick but thats who i like in round 4.

Forgot about Trenton Thompson

Get bamboozled
Gold: 107,018.00
Apr 30 2018 08:40am
Final thoughts on draft

I give us a B. I really like our picks and am hella excited to watch them this year, I just feel we went with more of the "BPA" route instead of the "player who can help us the most" route.

Ridley - B - I am STOKED to watch Ridley play this year, but again.. Bryan would have been the better option.
Oliver - B- - He is also going to be really fun to watch, but it's a position we did not need at all. Still not even a little mad.
Senat - A- - Going to replace Poe in the middle. A much needed pick here.
Smith - B+ - I won't say much other than we've been hitting it w drafting RBs. Will be great depth (we have ward, coleman, freeman atm though) Great pass catching back.
Gage - C+ - He comes in with 26 career receptions is all. Returner? He will be fighting for a special teams spot.
Oluokun - C+ - Don't have much to say here. Doesn't look to be that great of a pick. Depth pick/special teams potential

Wish we would have taken a stab at Hurst, but can see why we didn't.. I love Ridley and Oliver so my happiness w this draft is high.
Gold: 113.00
Apr 30 2018 05:04pm
Quote (GoAGoA @ Apr 30 2018 10:40am)
Final thoughts on draft

I give us a B. I really like our picks and am hella excited to watch them this year, I just feel we went with more of the "BPA" route instead of the "player who can help us the most" route.

Ridley - B - I am STOKED to watch Ridley play this year, but again.. Bryan would have been the better option.
Oliver - B- - He is also going to be really fun to watch, but it's a position we did not need at all. Still not even a little mad.
Senat - A- - Going to replace Poe in the middle. A much needed pick here.
Smith - B+ - I won't say much other than we've been hitting it w drafting RBs. Will be great depth (we have ward, coleman, freeman atm though) Great pass catching back.
Gage - C+ - He comes in with 26 career receptions is all. Returner? He will be fighting for a special teams spot.
Oluokun - C+ - Don't have much to say here. Doesn't look to be that great of a pick. Depth pick/special teams potential

Wish we would have taken a stab at Hurst, but can see why we didn't.. I love Ridley and Oliver so my happiness w this draft is high.

1. Ridley- Helps us True WR2 with WR1 potential. Reminds me of 2012 when we had julio and white eating teams alive.
2. Oliver- is our Jalen Collins but without the off the field issues and is a better technician on the field. Ankle tackler.
3. Senat- ive watched every game of his i could find that was cut up. He played better than Payne this year. This guy is going to be special... from what ive gleamed. Extremely strong at the point of attack, strong hands, and sheds block with force. has decent burst and can effect the passer more than most NTs can. At the time I didnt know what to think of this pick but out of all the prospects we have picked. He makes me the most excited for the upcoming season.
4. Smith RB3 - Great vision, Hands, Speed, Agility. Lacks size and therefore he lacks some power.
5. Gage - Mayock says he will play in the league for 10 years and be a special team ace. Athletically he is gifted.
6. Oluokun - havent watched anything on him his athletic numbers are good though. Special teamer and he will get a chance to compete at LB just like Gage at Receiver.

Falcons still need to find - Fb, Dt Depth/Dt pass rusher.
May 1 2018 02:45am
Saw this posted on TATF. thought i share it here. Intresting UDFA.

Wesley held a Pro Day for NFL scouts for Gono and other NFL-caliber Wolverines on March 22. Gono shined with 17 NFL scouts in attendance. He measured at 6-4, 316 pounds and ran 40-yard dash In 5.10 seconds into the wind. Gono also benched 225 pounds 26 times and broad jumped 118" (9-10), which would have put him second in the event at the NFL combine.

Overview

-Gono has long arms and possesses the desired physical traits teams covet from small-school, developmental prospects. He overwhelmed inferior competition with his size and talent on the Division III level but will need more coaching and technique work before he is ready to match up against NFL talent. Gono flashes ideal bend and athletic ability on tape but needs more consistent aggression to handle guard responsibilities. Gono could be a late round stash-and-coach project with average upside.

Strengths

Fires out of his stance with impressive burst. Carries good flexion throughout lower body. Has ability to bend and leverage opponents if he can correct pad level out of stance. Can torque opponents off their spot with twitchy hip turn when turning edge defender out. Has athletic attributes necessary for recovery in run or pass. Decent movement in space
Athletic ability to catch moving second level targets, engage, and sustain

Weaknesses
Faced substantially smaller, less talented opponents across from him. Pad level into initial block is too tall and lacks a level of force he should be able to generate
Needs to play with better aggression and consistent finishing. Can get around corner as pull blocker, but is rarely block-ready when it's time to land. Hand placement is inconsistent in run game causing him to lose advantages. Wins with size and strength over technique at times. Has to prove he can play with faster, more efficient hands at guard

College: Wesley

The skinny: While he comes from the Division III ranks, Gono's got the game for the next level. I suspect he'll make the team this year and compete for a starting spot in Year Two, using his size, nasty demeanor, and surprising agility to move from tackle to guard.

This post was edited by Atlfan on May 1 2018 02:48am
May 1 2018 08:33am
Quote (Atlfan @ May 1 2018 02:45am)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29UKYoXBb98

Wesley held a Pro Day for NFL scouts for Gono and other NFL-caliber Wolverines on March 22. Gono shined with 17 NFL scouts in attendance. He measured at 6-4, 316 pounds and ran 40-yard dash In 5.10 seconds into the wind. Gono also benched 225 pounds 26 times and broad jumped 118" (9-10), which would have put him second in the event at the NFL combine.

Overview

-Gono has long arms and possesses the desired physical traits teams covet from small-school, developmental prospects. He overwhelmed inferior competition with his size and talent on the Division III level but will need more coaching and technique work before he is ready to match up against NFL talent. Gono flashes ideal bend and athletic ability on tape but needs more consistent aggression to handle guard responsibilities. Gono could be a late round stash-and-coach project with average upside.

Strengths

Fires out of his stance with impressive burst. Carries good flexion throughout lower body. Has ability to bend and leverage opponents if he can correct pad level out of stance. Can torque opponents off their spot with twitchy hip turn when turning edge defender out. Has athletic attributes necessary for recovery in run or pass. Decent movement in space

Weaknesses
Faced substantially smaller, less talented opponents across from him. Pad level into initial block is too tall and lacks a level of force he should be able to generate
Needs to play with better aggression and consistent finishing. Can get around corner as pull blocker, but is rarely block-ready when it's time to land. Hand placement is inconsistent in run game causing him to lose advantages. Wins with size and strength over technique at times. Has to prove he can play with faster, more efficient hands at guard

The skinny: While he comes from the Division III ranks, Gono's got the game for the next level. I suspect he'll make the team this year and compete for a starting spot in Year Two, using his size, nasty demeanor, and surprising agility to move from tackle to guard.

Would not fuck w that guy.

How did he end up at DIII for his entire collegiate career?...
May 29 2018 08:43pm
Music to my ears..

"Julio Jones doesn't want skipping organized team activities to be construed as meaning he's upset with the Atlanta Falcons organization.

When Jones opted to miss voluntary workouts, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported part of the reason was because the All-Pro receiver would like a reworked contract. Speaking with TMZ over the weekend, Jones dismissed that he's dismayed about his deal.

"It's not even about that," Jones said. "Everyone wants a story right now. There's no story to be told. I'm just working on getting myself better. I'm just working on myself right now. That's all that is. There's no bad blood between me and the team or anything like that.

"Everybody on the outside trying to look in and trying to destroy what we built there. I'm not going nowhere. I'll be there. I love the team. I love the organization. I love everybody there. I'm good."

Falcons owner Arthur Blank didn't sound concerned last week about Jones' absence from OTAs, saying he hopes the wideout is a Falcon for life. It's a sentiment the playmaker reciprocated.

"I am [going to be a Falcon for life]," Jones replied bluntly when asked about Blank's comments.

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said he's spoken to Jones this offseason and expects the wideout to participate in mandatory minicamp next month."
Gold: 3,500.80
May 30 2018 08:40am
Julio to GB
Gold: 595.88
Jun 1 2018 01:25am
ewok still around? i miss him.
Gold: 13,750.00
Aug 27 2018 12:36pm
up for the season?
Sep 1 2018 11:35am
Quote (Atlfan @ May 1 2018 04:45am)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29UKYoXBb98

Overview

Strengths

Weaknesses

This man made the team. Nice. Also game less than a week. Ready for,some real football.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1174175176177178179Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll