d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Progress Log
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 25 2011 10:11am
Quote (MoneysHc2 @ Jul 25 2011 01:07pm)
You don't have to do  isolation to get strong, I only do compound lifts and usually only 1-2 exercises a day. but I deload about every 4-5 weeks. also are any of your sets to failure? just curious how hard the central nervous system is being hit. you have spots where you dl every 4 days it seems then like 9 days or so off is there a reason for this?  what is your rest time inbetween sets?

to build muscle
Gold: 3.93
Jul 25 2011 10:14am
not for sure which question you are referring too... the isolation to get muscle? no you do not.....
Gold: 149,200.00
Jul 25 2011 11:19am
Quote (Seahawk38 @ Jul 25 2011 10:33am)
you obviously do not watch tosh.o

I do not get why you are keeping the weight the same but reducing the reps at times and other times you increase the weight for one set and then do the next set at a lower weight

it gets extremely hot in my shed so some days the heat gets to me. i work towards failure usually on the last 2 sets those should feel the heaviest, so and i try pick a weight that i can manage for that task. as far as rest goes i don't time myself i just take as long as i need not to long (2-3 mins maybe depends on what exercise)

i'm ususally already tired my the press and the upright rows/lat raises just act as a failure exercise for the most part.

@ chris i've done all that high volume isolation stuff before and it got me injured. i don't need to do that many exercises to get strong clearly i've gotten stronger from the stuff i've been doing and i'm still trying to find my niche with this routine.

i do isolate my muscles i don't do skull crushers or kick backs because they sort of suck and i do plenty of elbow extension so my triceps are getting worked without having to do the single joint stuff.

this is a 4 day training program. i don't look at it as each week i do exercises on this day, i just workout every other day. keep in mind i'm limited because all i have is a squat rack and DBs i dont have cables which i miss dearly.

i would be dl and squatting in the same week if my lower back didn't get aggravated by it so thats why i started rotating between the 2 on my leg days. this has probably been the most successful period in which i haven't had any injury from over training i'd like to keep it that way lol. i might start just trying to implement more cardio and maybe eating a little less cals to cut some BF.

This post was edited by BarnabyJones on Jul 25 2011 11:34am
Gold: 3.93
Jul 25 2011 11:51am
Quote (BarnabyJones @ Jul 25 2011 11:19am)
it gets extremely hot in my shed so some days the heat gets to me. i work towards failure usually on the last 2 sets those should feel the heaviest, so and i try pick a weight that i can manage for that task. as far as rest goes i don't time myself i just take as long as i need not to long (2-3 mins maybe depends on what exercise)

i'm ususally already tired my the press and the upright rows/lat raises just act as a failure exercise for the most part.

@ chris i've done all that high volume isolation stuff before and it got me injured. i don't need to do that many exercises to get strong clearly i've gotten stronger from the stuff i've been doing and i'm still trying to find my niche with this routine.

i do isolate my muscles i don't do skull crushers or kick backs because they sort of suck and i do plenty of elbow extension so my triceps are getting worked without having to do the single joint stuff.

this is a 4 day training program. i don't look at it as each week i do exercises on this day, i just workout every other day. keep in mind i'm limited because all i have is a squat rack and DBs i dont have cables which i miss dearly.

i would be dl and squatting in the same week if my lower back didn't get aggravated by it so thats why i started rotating between the 2 on my leg days. this has probably been the most successful period in which i haven't had any injury from over training i'd like to keep it that way lol. i might start just trying to implement more cardio and maybe eating a little less cals to cut some BF.

Should try a volume cycle, deload and switch to alot lighter weight and do them for speed for another week an a half then do an intense phase for legs, I think it'd help alot.

Gold: 250.01
Jul 25 2011 11:55am
Quote (Da_Greatest_77 @ Jul 25 2011 05:44am)
retard

/unaware
Gold: Locked
Jul 25 2011 11:58am
Quote (Darkblue @ Jul 25 2011 05:36pm)
you're lacking exercises imo

only got 3-4 exercises per day

try going into a 3 or 4 day split and include some isolations

as for BF you're up there, as for hair you're up there. I suggest cutting, in both senses.

that's how you stay weak and small. isolations are jokes.

@barnaby,
a 3 month SS will get you far better results, hyp&str wise, especially if u started only 2 months ago, and also since ur numbers are quite low tbh
Gold: 149,200.00
Jul 25 2011 12:05pm
Quote (Lightman @ Jul 25 2011 01:58pm)

@barnaby,
a 3 month SS will get you far better results, hyp&str wise, especially if u started only 2 months ago, and also since ur numbers are quite low tbh

i've done SS in the past or something very similar

i really don't think i can do something like that because of my lower back. theres alot of squatting and deading in those programs like 3x a week and the last time i did something like SS i my lower back got aggravated. myabe i just need to deload longer to let the injury heal thats why i might take 2 weeks this time around so everythings 100% when i go back.
Gold: 97.66
Jul 25 2011 12:07pm
Quote (Seahawk38 @ Jul 25 2011 09:33am)
you obviously do not watch tosh.o

I do not get why you are keeping the weight the same but reducing the reps at times and other times you increase the weight for one set and then do the next set at a lower weight

hes not the only one... that is a retarded show
Gold: 0.00
Jul 25 2011 03:43pm
Quote (BarnabyJones @ Jul 25 2011 02:19pm)

ah...can't blame isolations and high volume for your injury. blame improper form, and poor flexibility. should be known that when you are experiencing acute pain, that is not usual to you, to stop doing the exercise.

but anyways, wasnt too sure what your goals were I had thought your main goal was to build muscle from one of our discussions on XBL a while back but in hindsight it looks like you are more focused on increasing strength

as for the isolation talk, I only ever add 1 isolation per muscle split, like for quad for instance i do leg extensions...no more than 1 though

Quote (Lightman @ Jul 25 2011 02:58pm)

@barnaby,

not saying kill isolations, just to incorporate em if youre trying to build muscle. but the true stimulus lies in doing heavy compounds lifts. that is the focus of my energy in a workout. the last 4-5 sets are just the cherry on top, adding an isolation to the particular muscle, often times I do negatives.

everyone is different for what works for them, 2 compounds progressive overload + forced reps, along with 1 isolation with negatives at failure has been working nicely for me.

This post was edited by Darkblue on Jul 25 2011 03:44pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll