d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 1.13 Ubersin (kick) > Extended Guide
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 700.07
Jul 21 2011 03:45pm
After many inputs and vouches, I've been asked a few times to make an extended version of this build. So here goes:

The Ubersin

Description: This assassin is, as per name, mainly built to kill Uber tree. She will do well in any other pvm situation but she's not much of a fast AoE (area of effect) killer.

Goal: Other than be more original than the cookie-cutter smiter. Finding the perfect balance between resist, crushing blow, attack speed and such.

Numbers you will want to reach:

70%+ crushing blow (85% is a good number here)
22k+ attack rating
300 stacked resists
35% increase attack speed (to reach 3 frame kicks)
75% block chance
1k+ hp without bos
level 30 or 37 Dragon Talon (6 and 7 kicks respectivly)
10%+ Open Wounds

Now before I jump into the gear section, know that this build simply needs a balance of the numbers above which can be done with so many setups that it would take me a couple days to type it up. The gear listed below are the most reliable one.

Gear:

Weapon:Last Wish phase blade, Ber'd Fleshripper, Ber'd Stormlash
Shield: Sanctuary Troll Nest, Stormshield,Phoenix monarch
Armor: CoH Ap,Eth Duress, Nat's armor
Head: Kiras w/ 15ias jewel, Guillaumes w/ 15ias jewel, +2sin/visio/str or dex/res, Crown of Age
Gloves: +2 Martial Arts/20ias + mods, Dracs
Boots: Gore Riders (Upped), Shadow Dancers
Belt: Thungergod, 24fhr/str/life/res
Amulet: Mara's, Highlord's,Metalgrid
Ring1: 20/2xx Ravenfrost
Ring2: ar/res/dex/ml, wisp's protector

Switch: Cta + Spirit
Prebuff: Demon Limb (Enchant)

Torch
Anni
7x Martial Arts Gcs
Fhr/all res or Life/all res scs

A few things are important to notice here: You need to up gores to reach the highest kick damage. Using Gcs/scs is overkill and will only make it faster but isn't needed. You will need a torch if you want to reach 7 kicks Dragon Talon but once again isn't needed, just make sure that you have 300 stacked resists if you go without it. Demon Limb's prebuff (enchant) isn't necessary but does help alot on the attack rating and will make your run faster. If your charges run low, simply repair it in the cube (Ort + Demon Limb).

A build without Last Wish will work just as well as long as you make sure that you have all the stats I mentionned above. Also, without Last Wish, you will have to use Dracs unless you have a life tap wand on switch. Which would make it harder for you to use Cta. Using Last Wish and Dracs is a waste as Life Tap will not be overwritten by a lower one.

Enhanced damage barely affects kicks which makes Fortitude a bad option here. That being said, the enhanced damage on your weapon won't change your kick damage so getting a perfect version of your weapon would just cost you alot for nothing. 90% of your damage will come from your crushing blow.

Finaly, Phoenix monarch will make it impossible to have max block unless you put all your points in dex. If you decide to go with this shield, you will have to make up for the resist in gear or scs (11res or 5all res). Also, make sure you keep cloak of shadows up so you don't have too many monsters on you without max block.

Skills: Note that skills will change according to your gear, as once again, it's all about balance.

With Last Wish:

20 Dragon Talon
20 Venom
20 Shadow Master
20 Death Sentry
1 Dragon Flight
Prereqs

Without Last Wish:

20 Dragon Talon
20 Venom
20 Shadow Master
20 Fade
1 Dragon Flight
Extras in Death Sentry
Prereqs

Now for explanation:

Dragon Talon is your main skill.
Venom will not show in your stats but does proc with kicks, it makes a big difference on the Uber's replinish.
Shadow is a great help, no questions here.
Death Sentry doesn't have much effect in Tristram but is amazing while farming organs or in any other pvm situation with their corpse explosion.
Dragon Flight is simply to teleport directly to the Uber.

You do not need to put more points in Fade if you're using Last Wish's as its level 11 fade will overwrite it.
Another skill that isn't mentionned alot is Cloak of Shadows. It will make 75% of the mobs ignore you, stop range from attacking, lower the mobs/Ubers defence and up yours. It's important to know that it can't be overwrite and so can only be cast again once the duration is over, 1 point is more than enough.

Strategy:

The basics are the same as any other Uber build: Lure Meph by the upper river's corner by running down the river to the mid and back up (he will spawn less skellies), cloak of shadows, dragon flight to him and kick until he dies. Lure either Diablo or Baal and do the same as against Meph. Note that Baal can be annoying with his mana burn so bring 1-2 row of mana pots.

You do not want to lure the Uber tree at the same time, it is possible to make it out alive but chances are low, impossible without max block. Once Meph is dead, feel free to jump against both Diabo and Baal, you should be fine. Kill Diablo first, he will drop alot faster.

If you farm your organs yourself and want to save some time, have a nigma in your stash for fast/convenient teleport.

Last little tip: If you're lacking cold and poison resist, get 10 of each potion from vendor. Their durations stack and will last for 300seconds (30seconds x10) which should be more than enough to kill the Uber tree!

There goes for this little guide :) I hope you guys enjoy it. I'm very open to suggestion and comments. Don't forget that this build is all about a great balance, that there are so many ways to make it work and that I'm only bringing you guys the most reliable options!

Best killing+clear time: 2:26 minutes.

Thanks!

This post was edited by nsx56 on Jul 21 2011 03:54pm
Gold: 9,237.00
Jul 21 2011 03:52pm
First

Is today, the Official Release your Guide Day?
Gold: 51.00
Jul 22 2011 12:32am
Looks nice, i'll give it a try.

Also like the Strategy you added :)
Aug 17 2011 05:55am
Almost 600 views!

Don't hesitate to pm me with any question you might have about this build.

Also, post your comments once you've tried it :)
Gold: 12,425.00
Aug 21 2011 11:38am
I just have to say that this guide is awesome and the creator even more awesome for helping out.
I just finished the char and cleared out UT without losing more than 20% health, and the bosses died very fast, my gear costed me about 50 fg which is really cheap for hcl imo.

My gear:
Stormlash clean
Sanct troll nest
Gulli
CoH ap
uped Gores
Tgods
Highlord
2x raven 2xx ar 20dex
Dracul's gloves

Inventory:
18x 19hp sc
2x martial arts sks (for lvl30 dragon talon)
anni
torch

switch cta x1x and bo spirit

Thanks again nsx56 :)
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 21 2011 11:59am
this guide is ok, but u should list like 2-3 possible gear setups from cheapest to most expensive cuz u cant just randomly pick items from your list...
its whats guides should be mainly about cuz this is the main problem when making char: to match items to hit every goal which particular char needs.
I can list like every item from game and say... pick ur best choice...
Gold: 1.01
Aug 21 2011 12:09pm
what about stats? str/dex and such, str enough for gear i guess, but what about dex? enough for max block? that won't give me 22k ar :P
Gold: 12,425.00
Aug 21 2011 12:22pm
Quote (P4rkour @ Aug 21 2011 07:09pm)
what about stats? str/dex and such, str enough for gear i guess, but what about dex? enough for max block? that won't give me 22k ar :P

i had about 16k ar 19 with merc aura, worked out fine
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 21 2011 01:25pm
A very nice guide! I just have a few pointers or things I personally like to do:

Use the shadow warrior, and have your secondary set to Mind Blast. It really helps, especially vs Baal where you could get manaburned by his minions otherwise. You can also use it to cast Cloak of Shadow. Absolutely agree on the death sentry, put any spares into that for sure.

Also note that you will need to proc lifetap, one way or the other. If you're not using Last Wish you should use Drac's. If you don't to you could find a wand with charges.
Aug 21 2011 05:11pm
Quote (raboh @ Aug 21 2011 01:38pm)
I just have to say that this guide is awesome and the creator even more awesome for helping out.
I just finished the char and cleared out UT without losing more than 20% health, and the bosses died very fast, my gear costed me about 50 fg which is really cheap for hcl imo.

My gear:
Stormlash clean
Sanct troll nest
Gulli
CoH ap
uped Gores
Tgods
Highlord
2x raven 2xx ar 20dex
Dracul's gloves

Inventory:
18x 19hp sc
2x martial arts sks (for lvl30 dragon talon)
anni
torch

switch cta x1x and bo spirit

Thanks again nsx56 :)

Glad I could help! :)

Quote (mysz15 @ Aug 21 2011 01:59pm)
this guide is ok, but u should list like 2-3 possible gear setups from cheapest to most expensive cuz u cant just randomly pick items from your list...
its whats guides should be mainly about cuz this is the main problem when making char: to match items to hit every goal which particular char needs.
I can list like every item from game and say... pick ur best choice...

The possibilities are infinite with this toon, I simply brought you guys the most vialable. They can mix matched in so many ways that it would take me days to type it up and the results would be the same (or almost) as long as you follow the "numbers you want to reach". As for the cost, it's all pretty cheap beside last wish, coh and phoenix monarch, which you don't have to use.

Quote (P4rkour @ Aug 21 2011 02:09pm)

Quote (raboh @ Aug 21 2011 02:22pm)
i had about 16k ar 19 with merc aura, worked out fine

Dex should only be til max block. As for 22k, that's with level 37 Dragon Talon + Enchant prebuff (Demon Limb). Anything over 15-16k will do it for sure, that's mostly a typo from my first version of the build (didn't have gear options).

Quote (Grandebedte @ Aug 21 2011 03:25pm)
A very nice guide! I just have a few pointers or things I personally like to do:

Use the shadow warrior, and have your secondary set to Mind Blast. It really helps, especially vs Baal where you could get manaburned by his minions otherwise. You can also use it to cast Cloak of Shadow. Absolutely agree on the death sentry, put any spares into that for sure.

Also note that you will need to proc lifetap, one way or the other. If you're not using Last Wish you should use Drac's. If you don't to you could find a wand with charges.

Shadow master will survive in there, not warrior. Mind Blast will make your run take longer if you keep trying to take control over the mana burning minions, a row or 2 of mana pots will fix that. Cloak of shadow is a GREAT spell and I did mention it, it's not worthed it to put more than 1 point in it tho as it can't be recasted until duration is over.

As for Dracs, lemme quote myself:
A build without Last Wish will work just as well as long as you make sure that you have all the stats I mentionned above. Also, without Last Wish, you will have to use Dracs unless you have a life tap wand on switch. Which would make it harder for you to use Cta. Using Last Wish and Dracs is a waste as Life Tap will not be overwritten by a lower one.

Thanks for the comments guys. Please take time to fully read and understand the guide. I really hope you enjoy it! :)
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll