d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Nintendo > Offical Wii U Thead > To Discuss Upcoming Wiiu
Prev123456161Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,319.00
Jul 22 2011 09:03am
3DS AS A FUCKING CONTROLLER? :unsure:

During a shareholders meeting, Nintendo Japan President, Satoru Iwata shared many details about upcoming plans for the 3DS and Wii U. One detail that came up was on how the 3DS might be able to connect to the Wii U and act as a controller in spite of the One-Pad-per-Wii U situation.

Iwata said that they didn’t start off with the concept of the 3DS being a controller for two reasons. First, they didn’t want to give their consumers the wrong impression that they would need to buy both sets of expensive hardware. Second, in order to make the 3DS connect to the Wii U as a controller (at this point), the Wii U wouldn’t be able to connect to the internet using Wi-Fi. Since the system doesn’t use provide an Ethernet port standard, this would cut out any internet connection using the supposed feature.

Iwata added that if they wanted to remedy the No-Wi-Fi problem for that feature, they would need to add “some special hardware” into the Wii U. Iwata continued by describing Nintendo’s previous attempts at connecting their portable and home console machines, citing specifically the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance with the connection cable. Nintendo is more confident in the idea now that wires are no longer needed for the systems to communicate with each other.

Why would the Wi-Fi cut out when enacting such a feature? Iwata didn’t go into details on that. One would assume it has something to do with how Nintendo is removing communication latency between the Wii U system and the Wii U Pad for video signal streaming.

Nintendo hasn’t nailed down final specs for the Wii U, so it’s possible the system may get the “special hardware” to enable the feature if Nintendo sees fit to allow it. Back on the Wii, players were able to use their DS’s as controllers for the exclusive Pokemon Battle Revolution. Since then, few Wii games even tinkered with the connectivity idea.

Square Enix used the possible connection when releasing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. Releasing an edition of the game for both Wii and DS, players could play locally or online with each other across the either system. The experiment was a little wonky as the Wii version was roughly a DS port with an awkward interface redesign for the Wii Remote.

Then, there’s the point that the 3DS is fundamentally less functional than the Wii U Pad. The 3DS lacks a second analog stick and the extra two shoulder buttons. The second screen on the 3DS is non-interactive, only capable of displaying 3D images when viewed at the proper angle (although 3D is optional). Would players even want to use the 3DS on the Wii U?

Considering how interconnected all our electronic devices are becoming, it would be smart of Nintendo to not rule out the feature on a hardware level. However, how much more will it cost consumers who ultimately have to purchase the Wii U to even take advantage of the feature with the “special hardware” added? A tricky decision will be made.
Jul 22 2011 09:12am
new zelda game from scratch or skywardsord remake?

Nintendo's Wii HD console may be a year away from release but that doesn't mean Nintendo's going to stop talking about.

Up until its unveiling at E3 2011, most people were referring to the Wii U as the Wii HD. Despite the fact that this is not the console's name, the device's HD capabilities represent one of the most important things about the console. The original Wii was not high definition but the thought of playing our favorite Nintendo games in HD is definitely exciting.

Today the gaming giant confirmed that the console will bring with it an HD version of one of the company's most popular games: Zelda. Speaking to Kotaku's Brian Crecente during an interview, Nintendo boss Shigeru Miyamoto said of the console's HD capabilities:

"This is an HD system, our first HD system, and we want to create a real HD Zelda game for it," he said. "You will see a lot of these in-depth and deep experiences in terms of visual style. You will also see some play styles that are fun and interesting because of the play structure."

The news may not come as a surprise to those who paid close attention during E3; there was Zelda footage included in the E3 demos. However, at the time, Nintendo was very clear on the fact that the titles being shown represented real Wii U games. So while you may have already 'known' that it was coming, Miyamoto's comments serve as official confirmation that a Zelda HD is in the works. Hurray!

Nintendo intends to launch the Wii U sometime in 2012 but has not revealed how much it will charge for the console and unique touchscreen controller.
Jul 22 2011 09:15am
pikmin 3 is in development and will pribably be a launch title

last pice of info for the day :o
Gold: 0.00
Jul 22 2011 09:17am
what's great about the wiiu is its gonna have REAL HD

most people dont know this but a lot of games on xbox360 and ps3 use 720p definition instead of the full 1080p HD (and some of the 1080p games are actually upscaled from 720p), the WiiU should use 1080p all the time from what i've heard

Quote (XpopcornX @ Jul 22 2011 11:15am)
pikmin 3 is in development and will pribably be a launch title

last pice of info for the day :o

AWESOME! pikmin was sooooo fun :O hahaha i wanna play this so bad!

This post was edited by destry on Jul 22 2011 09:17am
Jul 22 2011 09:18am
Quote (destry @ Jul 22 2011 11:17am)

most people dont know this but a lot of games on xbox360 and ps3 use 720p definition instead of the full 1080p HD (and some of the 1080p games are actually upscaled from 720p), the WiiU should use 1080p all the time from what i've heard

real hd and an original controller :o

simply breathe taking

Quote (destry @ Jul 22 2011 11:17am)

AWESOME! pikmin was sooooo fun :O hahaha i wanna play this so bad!

havent even played it yet

almost got the wii version several times though

This post was edited by XpopcornX on Jul 22 2011 09:19am
Jul 22 2011 09:19am
Quote (XpopcornX @ Jul 22 2011 11:18am)
real hd and an original controller :o

simply breathe taking

havent even played it yet

almost got the wii version several times though

gonna have to play the wii version first :P only played the game cube's

it was so much fun :O
Jul 22 2011 09:21am
Quote (destry @ Jul 22 2011 11:19am)
gonna have to play the wii version first :P only played the game cube's

it was so much fun :O

in paragraph thoygh i thought it said pikmin 1-2 on gc than remade 4 wii controls
Gold: 7,256.24
Jul 22 2011 09:21am
idc about hd! i still have a cathodic television
Jul 22 2011 09:22am
Quote (Doyek @ Jul 22 2011 11:21am)

i dont either but it gets the other fanboys to shut the fuck up.
Jul 22 2011 09:23am
Quote (XpopcornX @ Jul 22 2011 11:21am)
in paragraph thoygh i thought it said pikmin 1-2 on gc than remade 4 wii controls

oh
well :P still need to play the 2
Quote (Doyek @ Jul 22 2011 11:21am)

me too, but i think nintendo is doing the right thing, other companies have kinda been lying (by offering an "hd" console that doesnt display full hd all the time) to the fans

This post was edited by destry on Jul 22 2011 09:24am
Go Back To Nintendo Topic List
Prev123456161Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll