d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > New Objective Poll. You Pick The Best Submissions > Looking To Decide Top Five Suggestions
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,650.70
Jun 15 2011 10:28am
Below are 10 suggestions for new objectives for ladder slasher. I am looking for the 5 most popular. I will let this run through Friday June 17th at Midnight Eastern time. At that time, the top 5 suggestions will each receive the 100fg I promised. Please pick the one you like most :)

1.The Test

Level : 30

Task : 1v1 vs yourself

Reward: pat on the back

2. How about the system scans what groups are climbing and you have a random chance at fighting a computer imitation of another group. So you dont actually fight each other, but it takes their names/classes and gives them random stats.

Reward - sends a msg to the other group letting them know they got destroyed by 'group.leaders.name group' :) and the normal bonus stats or whatever

3. The travelling beggar:

A mysterious old man appears from time to time to beg for any magical+ item. If you choose to go on without giving him one, he turns into an EP and is hard as crap to defeat. However, if you do, he drops all the items he has received from begging his entire life :O (SO MENI ITAMZ)

4. what about a couple solo objectives??

ill try and pick ones that even the poor lser can do...

how about after you hit 4 chests in the same room solo, including tds you get a superchest with a monster that is 5-7 lvls or more above your lvl -- towning would be allowed

or

if you hit 4 or 5 tds in one game solo there is a reward of some kind? temp buff like a glyph or something ???

5. i would suggest mabe a get outa jail free card for dieing mabe?
like in monoply. u do a certian objective and u get 1 free death. no loss of exp or profic.
would be usefull in hardcore + softcore

yes i know hardcore your not supose to die cuz its hardcore, but might draw some new people
might be good that you have 1 chance to keep going without risking all the time/effort+ fg u put into it
i know im tired of deing in softcore cuz of lag.

as for how to get it.
mabe complete the maze i a ceritan amount of time,
or fall threw a number of trap doors like after x trap doors u get it?

6. Interesting post:

IMO I think it would be fun if there were a triple maze quest. Basically you complete 1st maze and on last square u drop into new harder td ie maze, u complete that and again on last square u drop into final maze. If u started at lvl 5 and with multiple spins u should be about 15-20 by 3rd td or maze if u will. In 3rd td or maze FACE THE EVIL, 7 SHAMONS, PINCH, HACK THE HORDE must SPAWN if they havent already. If you complete 3rd maze and all objs u get " a pat on the back" or +5 skills. Something to make it worth it.

I play hc now and know this would be hard but imo it would be fun to try. The auto td drop would have to be stopped as *I have been against that since I joined hc. I would try this if it was implemented. Let me know your thoughts.

Chip

7. "You are Now in the Presence of Greatness"
After seeing the above flavor text, you will now be presented with EPs that have the names of those that reset ladder (Botters excluded). There would be 7x mobs. After killing each of the 7 mobs that are randomly given a name of a resetter, 6x will leave a different colored key behind and one will show a hidden door he was blocking. In the spirit of their accomplishments of reset, ppl have the ability to move any key to a door trying to open it. You have 1 shot at this. Obviously the odds will be that of passing a feeder (1:6), but if you're successful in opening the door then the group goes into a 'treasure room'. Basically, you'll get a treasure chest with double the usual capacity.

This will provide some sort of special recognition for resetting ladder as you will become a part of the game and provide a fun tie in finale

8. "The Walls Crumble Around You"
After seeing the above flavor text, you will be presented with various boulder graphics that are damaging you from above. I'm unsure if Paul is able to add opponents into a single fight screen, but if so, the top row of rocks that spawn don't hit terribly hard as the cave in just began. This will ensure you won't be 'ambushed' with a possible instant death and allow ample time to flee if you realize your group makeup would be unable to complete it. This is will be a difficult quest to complete and realized as a challenge for well equipped & organized groups.

After X amount of seconds additional rocks keep spawning with increasingly more attack damage. In the end, if you weren't quick enough to kill the early spawns, then the group will be subject to the 'crushing force' of the cave in and probably not be able to complete the quest. This could be a quest that triggers an event if everyone goes to town instead of attempting it. When triggered and ppl reenter the catas, your maze would show an impassable boulder blocking your path and are forced to back track. As this will be a difficult quest, I don't believe it just to force ppl to make a new game when it spawns.

9. "find the fat guy!" or however u wanna call it^^

u will have a bulk of 9 mobs which are totally different in hit power and amount of life. so some will be fat guys and some less fat. the task to effectivly beat them is to find the weak guys first... so it will need coordination and trial and error to kill or it can be very tough for the group

10. Objective: Explore the Labyrinth

Idea: Basically some sort of mini MQ that you can find randomly exploring. Puts you in a room with ?6 doors and you have to chose between them. You can only chose one of the 6 doors.

Behind 1door = trap which deals a % damage to the party.
Behind 2nd door = chest with 100% chance of 3magical+ items
Behind 3rd door = horde of monsters (maybe 3-5waves? Amount of monsters depending on how many team members are there.) ** Note that if any player runs to town it counts as a loss. Mobs have an extra % of dropping magical items, but nothing huge.
Behind 4th door = A boss which when killed drops a stat increase to every member of the team completing the objective.
Behind 5th door = New set of five doors. (The door leading to more doors is removed)
Behind 6th door = Nothing.

I think LS needs more epic chance things which can give nice rewards, who doesn't like coming across a treasure chest?

This post was edited by fseelye on Jun 15 2011 10:46am
Gold: 3,858.75
Jun 15 2011 10:33am
Edit it for readability plz... thank you
Gold: 33,100.00
Jun 15 2011 10:42am
There are no problems for me to read that. Maybe that "quotes" should be changed to "codes".

I like this idea very much. Some things are just dumb, some are simply genius. For example: Every hardcore player will shout at that "free death". I for example like that "triple maze" thing and that "mini MQ" thingy.

//edit

Didn't vote anything, yet.

This post was edited by thaplayah on Jun 15 2011 10:42am
Gold: 18,040.01
Jun 15 2011 10:58am
Vote 7 ofc!

(and it's winning, yuppie!)
Gold: 33,836.87
Jun 15 2011 11:15am
Quote (Stok3d @ Jun 14 2011 01:14am)
"You are Now in the Presence of Greatness"
After seeing the above flavor text, you will now be presented with EPs that have the names of those that reset ladder (Botters excluded). There would be 7x mobs. After killing each of the 7 mobs that are randomly given a name of a resetter, 6x will leave a different colored key behind and one will show a hidden door he was blocking. In the spirit of their accomplishments of reset, ppl have the ability to move any key to a door trying to open it. You have 1 shot at this. Obviously the odds will be that of passing a feeder (1:6), but if you're successful in opening the door then the group goes into a 'treasure room'. Basically, you'll get a treasure chest with double the usual capacity.

This will provide some sort of special recognition for resetting ladder as you will become a part of the game and provide a fun tie in finale.

"The Walls Crumble Around You"
After seeing the above flavor text, you will be presented with various boulder graphics that are damaging you from above. I'm unsure if Paul is able to add opponents into a single fight screen, but if so, the top row of rocks that spawn don't hit terribly hard as the cave in just began. This will ensure you won't be 'ambushed' with a possible instant death and allow ample time to flee if you realize your group makeup would be unable to complete it. This is will be a difficult quest to complete and realized as a challenge for well equipped & organized groups.

After X amount of seconds additional rocks keep spawning with increasingly more attack damage. In the end, if you weren't quick enough to kill the early spawns, then the group will be subject to the 'crushing force' of the cave in and probably not be able to complete the quest. This could be a quest that triggers an event if everyone goes to town instead of attempting it. When triggered and ppl reenter the catas, your maze would show an impassable boulder blocking your path and are forced to back track. As this will be a difficult quest, I don't believe it just to force ppl to make a new game when it spawns.

"I Am Sparticus!"
After seeing the above flavor text, your group is whisked away to an arena similar to what is seen in the PVP battlegrounds. Here you will face off against a number of EPs matching your group size that move random directions and attack random ppl. Healers & Casters will be able to cast just as they do in arena (in rows upto 3x spaces away) and melee 1x square away. Here ppl will have to move about trying to help their comrades and defeat the foes.

As the 3rd suggestion didn't make the poll from lack of room, I'm quoting so the idea remains with the others and is not forgotten if Paul happens to read this thread.

This post was edited by Stok3d on Jun 15 2011 11:16am
Gold: 14,085.76
Jun 15 2011 11:16am
Presence of greatness --> This would be funny.

Vote 7.
Gold: 1,650.70
Jun 15 2011 11:20am
Quote (Stok3d @ Jun 15 2011 12:15pm)
As the 3rd suggestion didn't make the poll from lack of room, I'm quoting so the idea remains with the others and is not forgotten if Paul happens to read this thread.

This is correct. If people would like this one ("I Am Sparticus!") please post your vote for it :)
Gold: 11,950.57
Jun 15 2011 11:24am
voted 7 would be kewl i might even give it a go trying to kill a few of the reseters... take that you lucky punks!

:)
Gold: 0.00
Jun 15 2011 11:30am
#7 seems to be the best one for me :)
Gold: 7,863.56
Jun 15 2011 11:52am
Where is this option:

[ ] None Of The Above

???
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll