d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Small Friends List Addition
Prev1383940
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 387.64
Mar 13 2021 04:53pm
I will wait for a high ranking staff member or admin to explain how this will "redirect traffic" or put "strain on site load" because nobody besides them will have that information or be able to accurately explain how my suggestion would negatively affect the flow of d2jsp.
I still go to my profile in order to get to my friend's profile to send them a PM or gold, or alternatively have to click on my PMs (to compose a new and type their name), gold logs (to send them gold and input their name), or my guild (to go to a guild member/friend profile) to do the same.
Traffic is not redirected, if anything this eliminates a step or two.

I appreciate the speculated information you are trying to give people for my suggestions, but it really isn't productive unless you physically know how the website operates.

TY :)
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Mar 13 2021 05:57pm
Quote (Epiphany @ 13 Mar 2021 14:53)
I will wait for a high ranking staff member or admin to explain how this will "redirect traffic" or put "strain on site load" because nobody besides them will have that information or be able to accurately explain how my suggestion would negatively affect the flow of d2jsp.
I still go to my profile in order to get to my friend's profile to send them a PM or gold, or alternatively have to click on my PMs (to compose a new and type their name), gold logs (to send them gold and input their name), or my guild (to go to a guild member/friend profile) to do the same.

I appreciate the speculated information you are trying to give people for my suggestions, but it really isn't productive unless you physically know how the website operates.

If you think the best thing to see before you send your friend gold or a message your own profile then I feel like you are missing out on a lot. In addition to that there are plenty of opportunities and ways to contact a friend or send them gold that directed go with the flow of the site. The simple fact is the fastest way to send a friend a PM is directly through the message system and it takes next to zero load on the site to do that. Every time you view your profile you're loading everything on your profile. I believe that is enough evidence to say that is an additional strain to the site and comparison of the following ways to send a PM to somebody. Again if you're going to be sending gold to somebody there should be a specific reason why. There is no reason for you to have to view your own profile to donate gold to somebody.

In addition to all this there have been features fazed out that had to go with contacting an individual.

I have made several points that are fair and make sense. Instead of avoiding the discussion, making accusation, sending PM to others l, then asking for assistance by site admins...

You should consider that you are wrong here. Here's an example.
Quote (Epiphany @ 13 Mar 2021 14:53)

I appreciate the speculated information you are trying to give people.....

What?

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Mar 13 2021 05:58pm
Gold: 946.60
Mar 13 2021 07:04pm
Quote (Sempervirens @ Mar 13 2021 05:57pm)
If you think the best thing to see before you send your friend gold or a message your own profile then I feel like you are missing out on a lot. In addition to that there are plenty of opportunities and ways to contact a friend or send them gold that directed go with the flow of the site. The simple fact is the fastest way to send a friend a PM is directly through the message system and it takes next to zero load on the site to do that. Every time you view your profile you're loading everything on your profile. I believe that is enough evidence to say that is an additional strain to the site and comparison of the following ways to send a PM to somebody. Again if you're going to be sending gold to somebody there should be a specific reason why. There is no reason for you to have to view your own profile to donate gold to somebody.

In addition to all this there have been features fazed out that had to go with contacting an individual.

I have made several points that are fair and make sense. Instead of avoiding the discussion, making accusation, sending PM to others l, then asking for assistance by site admins...

You should consider that you are wrong here. Here's an example.
What?

You've given your thoughts move on an let it go my goodness man.

This post was edited by Bigworm on Mar 13 2021 07:05pm
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Mar 13 2021 07:26pm
Quote (Bigworm @ 13 Mar 2021 17:04)
You've given your thoughts move on an let it go my goodness man.

Lets talk redirection of traffic with the 2 recent examples here. Situation A.

User A Clicks own profile. User sends pm or gold to user B. The end.

Situation B.

User A Clicks own profile. User A clicks other users profile. User A views user B profile. User B gains profile views along with a chance to express additional information that is allowed on this site. User A gets a chance to see user B profile before sending gold or pm.

This site suggestion redirects traffic from each and everyones profile. How is that good for everyone on this site or this site. How is that good for your friends. How is that good for those who have purchased video slots? How is redirecting traffic away from profiles good for blogs? Guilds? Etc etc etc.

This post was edited by Sempervirens on Mar 13 2021 07:28pm
Mar 15 2021 06:00pm
Bump
Mar 20 2021 12:04pm
Bump
Admin
Gold: 22,279.75
Trader: Trusted
Mar 20 2021 12:28pm
This is now complete and pushed live. Please note that you need to hover over your friend for this to appear or tap on the tile if you're on mobile. Also note that this only works on your own profile and own friend list.

Thanks!
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev1383940
Closed New Topic New Poll