d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > How Can I Make Fg In Ls? > A Simple Guide To Ls Newcomers
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 33,836.87
Apr 12 2011 01:55pm
How Can I Make FG in LS?

I. Preface
So you’re new to LS, revisiting, or was awestruck after reading the Highest Priced Items Thread and want to better understand how to make income in Ladder Slasher? This guide will focus on providing a steady income as opposed to getting that 1 lucky drop worth 10k+ fg.

The key to everything is climbing as much as possible. This will not only increase the odds of possibly finding the Big Drops, but will provide more 1fg items to list on the Marketplace that you’ll be keeping an eye out for. Also, even your Guild Points are sellable if you’re not in a guild. Hence, climbing as much as possible is key.

Lastly, be sure that you understand the basic mechanics of the MP. You can list upto 20x items on the MP for 19.99 and under without the fee being taken from you upfront. Hence, that 5% fee is avoided to be paid if those listing are never sold. This is important to understand if you have 0 fg total. Again, you’ll be able to list upto 20x items. However, realize you can still list an infinite amount of items 20fg or more but you will have to pay 5% upfront to do so.

Enough background—lets get Started.

II. Knowing Others ISOs
Many LS Veterans seek assistance in gaining proficiency in their trade. They need specific Tiers to Transmute or seek out specific Mods/Magical Levels to Glyph. At any point in time, there are a multitude of ppl paying 1fg per to purchase items. These are needed in abundance and can easily yield 10+ fg / climb.

Step 1: Search the ISO Filter for Glyphers/Muters ISO threads & Bookmark them. Also, check the profiles of all the top Muters/Glyphers. I’m going to ask that they all place their updated ISOs there. If their ISO isn’t located in their profile, it could help to pm them and: ask it be added / request their ISO.

Step2: Place these items on the Market Place for 1fg. If the person has a thread, feel free to state that you put up XX amount of items for them on MP in their thread each time. As you only have 25x MP spots 19.99 and under, you want these to be sold quickly. Also, they always appreciate the thread bumps & you will gain a better relationship with your buyer.

III. Oh Look, I’m about to Master Quest
A guild makes the entire Ladder Slasher experience infinitely better. However, detailing the benefits of gaining friends, vent, premade groups, gear lending, etc is outside the scope of this guide—here we’re only concerned about FG. That being the case, there are a multitude of guilds that buy your GPs! This can be major fg if/when you become a serious slasher. Currently at the time of writing this guide, there are 2x guilds (Guardian and Master Gamers) paying 50fg+ per GP. Consider the fact that someone just did 53x Climbs in 7 Days and you can realize the potential of consistent fg made by simply climbing to 71.

Search the ISOs for guilds offering to buy GPs or make a post in the Trade Forum selling it.

Either way the safest practice of selling your GPs is to:
    [1] Get To Lvl 71
    [2] Join a Guild paying for GPs
    [3] Get a Mediator to complete the trade.
    [4] Complete the Master Quest (Icon that shows up in town only when lvl 71+)

IV. What about Skilling?

I don’t believe there is a skill that is going to bring huge financial awards immediately. Take a peek at the Skiller Leader Boards and realize the hundreds of hours invested to get to these levels. These are the ppl that are capable of profiting from their efforts. Unless you are willing to spend hundreds and hundreds of hours in these skills, climbing will bring much better financial rewards.

Fishing
This is a place many start. There really isn’t a demand for these items at the time this guide was written. Do this skill if you enjoy fishing and using them on your climbs. As the game currently stands at the time of this guide being written, do not expect to ever make profit. If you play HC, then this could be profitable. Ask around.

Cooking
This is a place many start. There really isn’t a demand for these items at the time this guide was written. Do this skill if you enjoy cooking and using them on your climbs. As the game currently stands at the time of this guide being written, do not expect to ever make profit. If you play HC, then this could be profitable. Ask around.

Glyphing
This is a vey helpful skill that will make your climbs go more smoothly. Expect to get to at least lvl 17 before you will profit.

Transmuting
This is a long term skill. Expect to get to at least lvl 15 before you MAY profit. If you can persevere and invest a few years time, this will be the most financially rewarding skill once you can transmute lvl 55s

Suffucencing
This can be useful for making Comfreys/Fish/Glyphs better. I believe that your profit ceiling is capped very low. I also feel that you would do much better investing your time elsewhere if you’re only looking for fg.

V. What is Worth Keeping / Shrining?

I’m purposely adding this topic last as you better first have saved in memory what the skillers want. If someone needs 2000x lvl 15 Mystical+, the stats don’t matter and needs to be added to this list. The toughest thing I found when I first started LS was figuring out what was worth keeping and what wasn’t. Take this as a basic guideline. As for pricing, the first thing you’ll do is search the MP for similar items and price accordingly. If you don’t see anything similar and believe it to be worth a lot, get it PC’d Here. Also note, that if that item is say a 15 int Lvl 5 item and you see 5x on the MP for 2fg… chances are that the glyphers buy them for 1fg and you should price it to sell. In addition, the magical levels are added as a generic ISO for all skillers and shriners. Remember though: Your MP must turnover quickly to utilize the 25x spots. This is key! You’ll be amazed how many items you will sell a day as you climb more and more. You'll also get your own personal niche on what is purchased quickly. Now for the list:
  • Any 200+ Life/Mana Comfrey
  • Any Potion/Totem

Lvl 0
  • Arcane+
  • 50+ Enhanced Effect
  • 6 Experience Gain
  • 15 Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence/Heal Mastery
  • 250+ Life/ Mana
  • 1-30 Mana per Kill / Life per Kill
  • 3 Extra Equipment Slots

Lvl 5
  • Arcane+
  • 50+ Enhanced Effect
  • 6+ Experience Gain
  • 15+ Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence
  • 18+ Heal Mastery
  • 350+ Life/ Mana
  • 1-40 Mana per Kill / Life per Kill
  • 4 Extra Equipment Slots

Lvl 10
  • Arcane+
  • 50+ Enhanced Effect
  • 6+ Experience Gain
  • 22+ Heal Mastery
  • 5 Crit Strike/Mind Numb/Armor Pierce/Quick Draw/Life Steal
  • 5 Extra Equipment Slots

Lvl 15
  • Arcane+
  • 50+ Enhanced Effect
  • 6+ Experience Gain
  • 25+ Heal Mastery
  • 5+ Crit Strike/Mind Numb/Armor Pierce/Quick Draw/Life Steal
  • 5+ Extra Equipment Slots

Lvl 20
  • Angelic+
  • 50+ Enhanced Effect(Weapons / Medium & Heavy Armors)
  • 80+ Enhanced Effect(Caster & Heal Charms / Robes)
  • 8+ Experience Gain
  • 25+ Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence
  • 30+ Heal Mastery
  • 7 Crit Strike/Mind Numb/Armor Pierce/Quick Draw/Life Steal
  • 6+ Extra Equipment Slots

Lvl 25
  • Mystical+
  • 45+ Enhanced Effect(Weapons / Medium & Heavy Armors)
  • 75+ Enhanced Effect(Caster & Heal Charms / Robes)
  • 10+ Experience Gain
  • 25+ Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence
  • 35+ Heal Mastery
  • 16 Life/Mana Regen
  • 7 Crit Strike/Mind Numb/Armor Pierce/Quick Draw/Life Steal
  • 7+ Extra Equipment Slots

Lvl 30
  • Mystical+
  • 45+ Enhanced Effect(Weapons / Medium & Heavy Armors)
  • 75+ Enhanced Effect(Caster & Heal Charms / Robes)
  • 12+ Experience Gain
  • 30+ Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence
  • 40+ Heal Mastery
  • 16+ Life/Mana Regen
  • 8 Crit Strike/Mind Numb/Armor Pierce/Quick Draw/Life Steal
  • 8+ Extra Equipment Slots

Lvl 35
  • Mystical+
  • 40+ Enhanced Effect(Weapons / Medium & Heavy Armors)
  • 65+ Enhanced Effect(Caster & Heal Charms / Robes)
  • 14+ Experience Gain
  • 30+ Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence
  • 40+ Heal Mastery
  • 17+ Life/Mana Regen
  • 900+ Life/Mana
  • 8 Crit Strike/Mind Numb/Armor Pierce/Quick Draw/Life Steal/Magic Luck

Lvl 40
  • Mystical+
  • 35+ Enhanced Effect(Weapons / Medium & Heavy Armors)
  • 60+ Enhanced Effect(Caster & Heal Charms / Robes)
  • 16+ Experience Gain
  • 35+ Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence
  • 45+ Heal Mastery
  • 17+ Life/Mana Regen
  • 950+ Life/Mana
  • 9 Crit Strike/Mind Numb/Armor Pierce/Quick Draw/Life Steal/Magic Luck

Lvl 45
  • Mystical+
  • 35+ Enhanced Effect(Weapons / Medium & Heavy Armors)
  • 60+ Enhanced Effect(Caster & Heal Charms / Robes)
  • 16+ Experience Gain
  • 45+ Heal Mastery
  • 18+ Life/Mana Regen
  • 950+ Life/Mana
  • 10 Crit Strike/Mind Numb/Armor Pierce/Quick Draw/Life Steal/Power Shot/Magic Luck

Lvl 50
  • Mystical+
  • 25+ Enhanced Effect(Weapons / Medium & Heavy Armors)
  • 50+ Enhanced Effect(Caster & Heal Charms / Robes)
  • 16+ Experience Gain
  • 45+ Heal Mastery
  • 18+ Life/Mana Regen
  • 1000+ Life/Mana
  • 10 Crit Strike/Mind Numb/Armor Pierce/Quick Draw/Life Steal/Power Shot/Magic Luck

Lvl 55
  • Mystical+
  • 25+ Enhanced Effect(Weapons / Medium & Heavy Armors)
  • 50+ Enhanced Effect(Caster & Heal Charms / Robes)
  • 16+ Experience Gain
  • 45+ Heal Mastery
  • 18+ Life/Mana Regen
  • 1000+ Life/Mana

This post was edited by hapycmpr on Jul 26 2011 02:52pm
Gold: 1,201.66
Apr 12 2011 01:58pm
Great guide Nick, full of lots of useful info :) I'll be sure to link all my new people to it

This post was edited by NevV on Apr 12 2011 02:02pm
Gold: 22,734.23
Apr 12 2011 02:02pm
tl;dr atm, but I promise I will read it some day :P
thanks for that, but nn d2 noobs here :(
Gold: 0.00
Apr 12 2011 02:05pm
Looks nice :)
Gold: 30.00
Apr 12 2011 02:06pm
Sick guide needs sticky.
Gold: 91,679.46
Apr 12 2011 02:11pm
Looks good, makes mine obsolete, now I can edit my sig.

:thumbsup:
Gold: 1,250.46
Apr 12 2011 02:13pm
A Simple Guide To Ls Newcomers The Official Guide To LS Newcomers

corrected
Gold: 0.90
Apr 12 2011 02:14pm
Very nice :)
Gold: 30,363.04
Apr 12 2011 02:16pm
higher level weapons can be sold with 40+ ee alrdy...

in general a nice guide. just needs some tweaks regarding the stats. judguing this by a brief look at it... does not mean much^^
Gold: 28,661.69
Apr 12 2011 02:23pm
Very good job :) Very nice guide and seems to be very usefull :hug:
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll