d2jsp Forums > General Help > Trouble With My Laptop.. > Dell Windows 7 64 Bit
Add Reply New Topic
Page 1 of 1
Lyricist
#1 Mar 10 2011 01:57am
Group: Members
Gold: 0.00
Dells Windows 7 64-bit...

Multiple times a day, my computer screen will turn white randomly. Sometimes it's solid white sometimes it's partially flickering white (white on white, not able to see my screen at all).
Sometimes I can press ctr alt delete and it will go away, usually the first time -- then other times I'm forced to do a hard reboot...

any idea on what can cause this??

earlier it happened like 3 times in 10 min... (happened yesterday as well)... so I started zipping folders, going through all my documents, deleting a lot of pictures/music etc... so I can transfer them to online storage since I don't have a external hard drive and my flash drive is filled up... so far since I did that it hasn't showed any signs of happening again... could it possibly have been because I was using too much space and deleting a lot of things fixed it?... I am doubting this, I think it will happen again -- it just hasn't yet.

anything that could help me would be greatly appreciated!... I think I will end up just reinstalling windows 7, maybe there's a bug or something that can be fixed by doing that... but if it's something I can fix without doing that, I'd much rather do that.
Sacred_Angel
#2 Mar 10 2011 01:59am
Gold: 0.90
Well, It could be a clash with some programs.

Maybe you're comp just needed to be cleaned as you said, too much stuff on there, a lot of it not being needed, or taking up too much space.

That's why it's best to scan/clean weekly.
sun
#3 Mar 10 2011 06:24am
Gold: 1,310.00
Trader: Mediator
Usually this happens when your graphic card is overheated and/or defective.
Lyricist
#4 Mar 11 2011 10:51am
Gold: 0.00
It's acting up real bad again today...
when I rebooted -- when it turned back on, the error popped up and it says..

TBIA (at the top left)

kErrorShell_NotifyIconNIM_SETVERSION

Anyone have any idea what the heck that means?...
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Page 1 of 1