d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Fb Sorc Pvp Guide > -classic-
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,699.00
Feb 8 2011 04:32am
Hi @ all classic players! :)

Ive decited to write my own guide, because there is no FBsorc Guide!
Due to fact that people consider sorc as simple char, suffers lack of those. I consider Fb sorc as one of best chars (my opinion) there are many nice svs/tvt arround. Im sure not the best,
but feel free to contact me and I will prove myself (cl nl eu fb vs fb). Strategies and Item build are based on my own exp, and some based on the d2classic.net rules.
Reasons to pick fire sorc :

- Range
- Teleport
- Able to beat anyone in gm 1v1.
- Able to win 2v1 or even 4v1 situations agains players of same level to yours.
- No need much item switches for specific matchups.

Build goals

70/110 fcr
60/86 fhr > (86fhr/110fc only possible on nonladder with prelods)
5-15 life replenish (depends on rules and ur playstyle)
5-6k dmg
1.1-1.4k life 3xx-4xx+ mana

maxed resists on norm/hell (depends on rules or if u playing public)
try to get at hell :

125+ fire res (d2c rules 200 fr)
220+ cold res (d2c rules 170 cr)
250+ light res (d2c rules 200 lr)
psn res isnt rly important (no limit)

Skills and Stats

(Based on level 88 sorc)
20 Fire Ball
20 Fire Bolt
20 Meteor
1 Inferno
1 Blaze
1 Fire wall
1 Warmth (skilling tele is much better)
20 Fire mastery

1 Telekinesis
14 Teleport (mana cost 11)

chilling or shivering armor will be precasted

Strenght – as much as u need, to wear ur gear
Dexterity – enough for shard (depends on ur eq)
Vitality – rest
Energy – nothing

Item Build for ladder

(nonladder i can explain via pm if need)

110fc or 70fc ? thats the question
i prefer 110 but both are good and usefull
61 fhr is a must have on both

110fc build needs :
mages (20fc) shard (50fc) Wall of eyeless (20fc) 2+ sorc amu 10fc & 10fc ring with nice adds like str/dex/life/mana/repl/res
1soj and rest rare eq with good stats and enough fhr to hit 61fhr breakpoint and some nice life/mana and maybe some life repl

70fc build needs :
mages (20fc) shard (50fc) 2sojs and rare eq with good stats and enough fhr to hit 61fhr breakpoint and some nice life/mana and maybe some life repl
this build gets more dmg but less fc.

Item stats u should aim for:

Helm 10fhr 60-78 life 2x lr/cr 2x fr/cr or tri res

Amu depends on ur build non fc or fc amu with nice adds like

str dex life repl mana life resis stack res (same goes for ring if u play 110fc)

Armor 10-24fhr 70-98 life with ruby 2x lr/cr 2x fr/cr or tri res gosu add str/dex/life repl/mana

Belt 10-24fhr 5-20str/or repl 40-60life 2x lr/cr 2x fr/cr or tri res (try to get high slot belts for sorc)

Boots 0-30run 10fhr dex life repl or mana 3x lr/cr 3x fr/cr or tri res (would allways use 30frw boots)

Duelling Strategies

Dont Stand Still ! ! !
This rule u should follow. Any exposing for more than 1 second will result in beeing locked and killed by better players, because u have very limited ability to tank or escaping from dangerous situations.
Hold down teleport button all the time and do long unpredictable teleports. Players get confused by teleporting left and right around them (fast teles from one to another side of screen.
Try to keep your opponent north – east. Thats the best position to fight him, its the easiest way to catch your opponent in nl there.
Use run skill and dont use left click mod. There are several situations, where run serves better than teleport. (just try by urself )
"Northspam" method experienced fb players consider it as sorc basics and it makes certain matchups which includes lots of nl's (like svs) . It requires some practice and u might not succeed every time. Fact about nl is, that your opponent always appears on north side of u, when you got locked, so fbs in north direction will stun and output alot of dmg, before he will even notice what happened. Retreat after few fbs, if u feel that u can still get outtanked, especially vs sorc/nec or ama. That trick works for sure and u will hit first, no matter how fast your enemy is, which in most cases results in instant win. Problem will occure, if enemy makes double tele. He will then spawn east from u, instead north, fb volley will miss and u will probably die in next second(if he locks u very fast). Try to fire fbs in both north and east directions to increase efficiency. Make sure to retreat from his screen when u get locked (before u start spamming fbs north-east) to prevent him manually teleporting behind u instead of nl. Tele in your own fireballs
Using both »Namelock abuse« and teleporting in own fbs will make people fear nl u. Spam fb's in straight line (by using right click) and wait for enemy to enter your screen (I suggest spamming in opposite direction enemy is comming from, so he wont see them until its to late). Dont move at all so u will most likely got namelocked. Hold right button (spam fbs) and dont move curzor, quicly switch to tele and back to fb. That will result in jumping in own fbs and enemy foolishly follow u. Even though it sounds simple action, takes lots of practice to master. Most difficult part is to tele at right moment and to move for distance that will drive enemy exactly in flying fbs and hit him at moment he jumps on you. Good spots to execute »teleporting in own fbs« is by the river, or by the enterance of town (entering town results to free kill), but the best is to do that »behind corner«. Its minor bug, which makes your fbs invisible to an enemy, aproaching behind corner. Always carry around some mana pots

last rule : Never give up :evillol: repl mayhelps xD

if u got any question feel free to pm me !

credits to tomhc for helping develop this guide

This post was edited by Sgull on Feb 18 2014 05:51pm
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll