d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Bigjay's Eth Templars Might Zeal Guide > This is how its done
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 351.13
Nov 29 2006 08:29pm
Ok first off id like to say that i no longer believe that there is a #1 setup or #1 zealot But if there is then im 100% sure im in top 5 on Us East Ladder.
With that being said heres my guide

Use the best stat items u can afford for this it is so important, i cant stress that enough.............

Helm is P Crown Of Ages Ber Ber (1 to skills, fhr ,res ,2 os,godiest zeal helm out there......)
Gloves are P Steelrends (20 to str 60% enhanced damage)
Weapon is P EBOTDZ (60 ias 30 to all stats!!, -25 target defense , Hardest hitting weapon for a zealot if u got the charms)
Rings are duel 248 20 dex ravens ( the 40 dex is just amazing then they add attack rateing to and cannot be frozen)
Amulet is Highlords (deadly strike goes up per level WOW and 1 to all skills)
Belt is p verdungos ( VItal, Fhr, Damage Reduce)
Shield is Lvl 16 defiance aura 64/111 243 ed 1732 defense Vortex Exile (godly defense and enhanced damage attack rateing is a must)
Armor is 220% ed Eth Templars Might (220% ed , vital, str, Amazing defense , omfg godly 2883 defense)
Boots are 200% ed P gores Upped (good mods here are 15%Deadly strike, and 10% open wounds, 30% frw)
Switch weapons
5/6/3 3 to holyshield cta (pali Only) A must have for any pali
And a spirit kurast shield (with Res) for bo.

Now that you have all your gear u gotta get the charms
I use
20/19 pali torch
20/19/9 anni
25 times 3/17-20/17-20 (Fine Small Charm of Vita) Max Damage/Attack Rateing/Life Small charms ( i dont fool with poofing dupes)
4 times 10/60/30+ (Sharp Grand Charm of Substence) Max Damage/Attack Rateing/Life Grand Charms ( i dont fool with poofing dupes)

With that charm setup u have more damage then with a inventory full of 3/20/20's plus your defense and life is godly anyway and your attack rateing is just sick at just 12.5k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And not dont forget about your deadly strike from your highlords gores combo
ok time to put on the gear
i waited till i was lvl 82 to use any stats and points (mainly so i could put on all gear at 1 time so i wouldnt screw up my stats and skills)

Ok Now this is the tricky part so im gonna try not to confuse u,
Theres a way to trim on the amount of dex u use for a pali (glitch? Keep reading to find out.)

its stat and skill time

First thing i do is put enough points in strength so i can put on my ebotdz
Then i keep adding points in str till i can wear Steelrends
(All my stat adding gear is p stat, so after i put on rends i stop adding str and put the Eth Templars on)
and thats it for stats (We gotta get prepared to get glitched)

Now u gotta stop spending points in stats (You should still have alot of stats remaining)
You go to your skills and u max them out like this

Max them in this order

Max Sacrifice
Max Zeal
Max Holyshield
Max Fanat
and dead last u max Defiance (finished at lvl 96)
And of course 1 point in all prereqs

ok so now its time to use the rest of your points in dex (Glitch?) and vital

First thing u must do is go outside the gate and cast Battle Command then Battle Orders Then i cast Holy Shield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then switch back to ebotdz exile so u can start putting points in dex
You will notice that it takes about 1-3 points in dex for each 1% in max block depending on level
You stop at exactly 75% (thats because its max block and it wont go higher)

Now put all of the rest of your remaining points in vital

So what about the glitch???
Well all it does is save u 1 point in dex witch i added to vital (wow) this probably works for all palis that just want max block with holyshield

My Stats are like this when im naked with no charms or gear at level 91

heres me after Bo in Hell At Level 91

Its not over Yet
Now that u have one of the most bad ass zealots in the game its time to pollute your mind with some BM Tactics

Your always gonna have haters that are attached to you and theyll do stuff like add your account so they remember who you are and try to follow you and shit.........(Little Bm People)
But guess what, i have the cure

So you and your buddies are zealing pub u already know the sorcs and necros and all the rest of them are comming to bm u cause they suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Caster kill gear is like this

All your gonna see is my shield if u try to kill me with something other than a melee character

Fort Boneweave (its str glitched and your opennants think your naked)
Kiras (looks like your not wearing a helm)
Grief PB (makes it look like your punching people when your zealing cause its dex glitched)
Sacred Rondache Pheonix with 45 res all (the aura is cool)
2x ravens, highlords, gores and Draks grasp gloves
Last Wish Phase Blade (Go cast fade then put it back in the stash and put on your grief)
Youll have around 10k ar and the tactic is charge zeal but u can charge kill alot of sorcs and necros ez plus your grief cuts through bone prison like a hot knife going through butter!

I also keep this stuff in stash
Nigma DS(for baal runs were i have to tele myself)
Sup Pheonix Sacred Targe (63/111) godly
Wizspike (for baal runs were i have to tele myself)
Upped Hoz (for smite)

The more u play this character the more ull see the different combos of epuipment falling into play
Use commone sense on setup choices and remember not to ever use angelics ( if u got it sell to charsi please)

well alright then

that completes my guide

Enjoy
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 30%
Nov 29 2006 08:59pm
Thats low ar blink.gif
Gold: 140.00
Nov 29 2006 10:05pm
Agreed.

Should think about switching up your gear, maybe going Cham'd Eth Alma, and Angelics.
Gold: 414.45
Nov 29 2006 11:15pm
ultra low ar lol
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Nov 30 2006 12:51am
and of course the rfes

with ur allround equip u should get about 20k ar maxres and anyway, grief is far better weapon
Gold: 27,266.80
Nov 30 2006 01:02am
fools cryn about his ar............ever heard of demon limb????? that would increase to around 17-19ar u kno so i rekon its a pretty good guide neway if u like being a char that kills only ss druids and other slow pathetic chars
Gold: 17,186.00
Nov 30 2006 02:23am
Quote (GodAssa @ Thu, Nov 30 2006, 01:51am)
and of course the rfes

with ur allround equip u should get about 20k ar maxres and anyway, grief is far better weapon

greif is bm in ZVZ

Quote (fox_trot05 @ Thu, Nov 30 2006, 02:02am)
fools cryn about his ar............ever heard of demon limb????? that would increase to around 17-19ar u kno so i rekon its a pretty good guide neway if u like being a char that kills only ss druids and other slow pathetic chars

and wow chant is BM

that dmg and defence is sick, but i do agree your ar is on the low end u really feel the 9 k dmg out weighs going higher AR or getting even more Defence by maxxing defiance and settling for like 5-7 k dmg?

nice build though would like to duel u with my zealer

edit: what is your "glitch" bo precasting then putting dex in for max block? thats no glitch lol, thats common sense

This post was edited by hydrant on Nov 30 2006 02:25am
Gold: 351.13
Nov 30 2006 02:52am
Well me and hydrant just dueled

he brought his level 89 zealot

I dont know what his defense is but my 12.5k ar was sufficient enough to cut through his defense

we only went 10 rounds

i won 6 he won 4

like i said i dont believe there is a #1 Zealot due to the fact that i have days were i dont loose to level 94's and some days i cant win shit

If anyone wants to test me out please be sure to pm me

im on mostly at night though due to work

This post was edited by bigjay on Nov 30 2006 03:02am
Gold: 17,186.00
Nov 30 2006 03:57am
Quote (bigjay @ Thu, Nov 30 2006, 03:52am)
Well me and hydrant just dueled

he brought his level 89 zealot

I dont know what his defense is but my 12.5k ar was sufficient enough to cut through his defense

we only went 10 rounds

i won 6 he won 4

like i said i dont believe there is a #1 Zealot due to the fact that i have days were i dont loose to level 94's and some days i cant win shit

If anyone wants to test me out please be sure to pm me

im on mostly at night though due to work

lol that was random that u were in there, cant believe u kept count

was gd and yeah you hurt, i had 50 k defence

i do agree theres days when u cant win a duel and theres days u cant be stopped
Gold: 0.01
Nov 30 2006 04:18am
use Grief Ba 40 ias and Forty Ap. its much better than botd and eth templars
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll