d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Immortal King > Comprehensive Guide To The Ik Set V1.13
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,151.00
Jan 6 2011 10:49am
The Immortal King
Comprehensive guide to the Immortal King set Barbarian v1.13 by Leohappy.

1. Introduction
- Why the set?

2. Equipment
- Immortal King's set - item by item, Partial and Complete bonuses
- Immortal King's set overview
- Amulets
- Rings
- Weapon switch
- Inventory and stash

3. Statistics

4. Skills
- Key configuration
- Skill usage

5. Mercenary

6. Leveling tips
- Skill setups

7. General tips

8. IK vs. Diablo Clone

9. IK vs. IK (Player vs. Player)

10. My IK Barbarian

11. Final words, legal notes and credits

1. Introduction

Hello, I'm Leohappy. I have been playing Diablo 2 since its release in 2000, and have since contributed my wealth of knowledge to hundreds of of topic posts, guides and players on bnet.

A long time ago my focus had turned towards sets. I have created with success M'avina Bowazon, Trang-oul's Poison/Summon Necro, Trap Assassin with Natalya's set. And of course a Barbarian with the Immortal King's set.

So why make a guide about this? Mostly because I feel most guides are not entirely complete, and that I can add enough to make a completely new guide; although some of the infomation may already be well known.

Why the set?

One of the important reasons is that it is cheap and effective. Just like what the Tal Rasha's set is for the Sorceress. With some tweaks you can actually make an extremely competent character, who is able to keep up with individually built characters. The Darth Vader looks is also rather appealing (due to the strength bug most other players will see you naked however).

The two most common reasons why people dislike this set is simply the fact that melee characters have weaker PvM power, and also that you cannot teleport as the set includes an armor, so JahIthBer cannot be used.

2. Equipment

Equipment is the bread and butter of this character. If you don't have the set, this character cannot be made. Unfortunately the set already covers several important slots, so we are left with little choice for customization. So we need to make these slots count.
Extra sockets will help with this as well. We will start with the set, and then comment on the other available slots.

Immortal King's Will (Avenger Guard)

Defense: 160-175 (varies) (Base Defense: 35-50)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 65
Durability: 55
(Barbarian Only)
+4 To Light Radius
+125 Defense
37% Extra Gold From Monsters
25-40% Better Chance Of Finding Magic Items (varies)
+2 To Warcries Skills (Barbarian Only)
Socketed (2)

This is probably the weakest item in the set. It does have 2 sockets however, which makes it nicely customizable. I would recommend putting 2 Bers (16% damage reduced) into the sockets, however you should try to obtain the best stats helm in this case, as you don't want to waste them in a crappy one.
Otherwise you can put in perfect Amethysts to help with strength requirements, enhanced damage (%ed) jewels or perfect Topazes for more magic find.

Immortal King's Stone Crusher (Ogre Maul)

Damage: 231 To 318 (274.5 Avg)
Required Level: 76
Required Strength: 225
Base Weapon Speed: [10]
+200% Enhanced Damage
+200% Damage To Demons
+250% Damage To Undead
40% Increased Attack Speed
Indestructible
35-40% Chance Of Crushing Blow (varies)
Socketed (2)

Adds 211-397 Fire Damage (2 items)
Adds 7-477 Lightning Damage (3 Items)
Adds 127-364 Cold Damage, 6 sec. Duration (Normal) (4 Items)
+204 Poison Damage Over 6 Seconds (5 Items)
Adds 250-361 Magic Damage (Complete Set)

Weapon is the most important part of any melee character. If you cant kill fast enough you put yourself at a great risk. Fortunately the IK weapon doesn't dissapoint. Even though the range and damage cannot compare with the individual counterparts, it does have some nice capabilities. First it's Indestructible, so you never need to repair it. Then it has an amazing amount of Crushing Blow. This stat makes it so that the monsters lose a certain percentage of life, relative to their maximum life - which makes it great against high life enemies such as Bosses. When you search for the IK hammer, make sure it has got this stat on 40% as it is important.

Then the weapon also has a total of 1803 pts of elemental damage - enough to kill Physical immunes in 1 player games (although you will mostly use Berserk for this, but it's still nice to know).

There are also 2 sockets, which allow for customizability. However be aware that in order to reach the last speed breakpoint for Whirlwind (4 frames), a total increased speed on the IK weapon must be 70% or more (weapon speed -60). So you need to socket either 2 Shael runes, or 2x 15ias with enhanced damage/attack rating jewels.

Immortal King's Soul Cage (Sacred Armor)

Defense: 1001 (Base Defense: 487-600)
Defense: 1301 (Base Defense: 487-600)
Required Level: 76
Required Strength: 232
Durability: 60
+400 Defense
5% Chance To Cast Level 5 Enchant When Struck
Poison Resist +50%
+2 To Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)

+25% Faster Hit Recovery (2 Items)
Cold Resist +40% (3 Items)
Fire Resist +40% (4 Items)
Lightning Resist +40% (5 Items)
+50% Enhanced Defense (Complete Set)

This is typically the hardest item in the set to obtain, as Sacred Armors don't drop that often. Fortunately there are enough to go around nowadays, both on ladder and non-ladder, and the prices are low, since most people underprice them. But this is good news for us!

By itself the armor is not very impressive, but when you start adding extra IK set items, the smile on your face becomes bigger and bigger. The armor doesnt have a socket, but you can add one by yourself (via the socket quest in Act 5). Personally I'd put a Ber rune inside, as the extra 8% damage reduction adds up nicely with the set's inherent bonus (20%). You could also go with an enhanced damage/attack rating jewel or a perfect Topaz. Personally I dont think enhanced damage jewels are worth it, as the overall damage is not raised that much in my experience.

Immortal King's Detail (War Belt)

Defense: 89 (Base Defense: 41-52)
Defense: 194 (Base Defense: 41-52)
Defense: 247 (Base Defense 41-52)
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 110
Durability: 24
16 boxes
+36 Defense
Lightning Resist +31%
Fire Resist +28%
+25 To Strength

+105 Defense (2 items)
+25% Faster Hit Recovery (3 Items)
+100% Enhanced Defense (4 Items)
Damage Reduced By 20% (5 Items)
+2 To Masteries (Barbarian Only) (Complete Set)

Is fairly respectable as a standalone item, but when you add more set items, it skyrockets. Extra Faster Hit Recovery, Damage Reduction, and Skills add up to a truely awsome item.

Immortal King's Forge (War Gauntlets)

Defense: 108-118 (varies)(Base Defense: 43-53)
Defense: 228-238 (varies)(Base Defense: 43-53)
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 110
+65 Defense
12% Chance To Cast Level 4 Charged Bolt When Struck
+20 To Dexterity
+20 To Strength

+25% Increased Attack Speed (2 items)
+120 Defense (3 Items)
10% Life Stolen Per Hit (4 Items)
10% Mana Stolen Per Hit (5 Items)
Freezes Target +2 (Complete Set)

Another valuable item that makes the set what it is. Helps with the strength requirements, adds all the leech that you will ever need, and extra increase in attack speed helps with skills like Berserk and Concentrate.

Immortal King's Pillar (War Boots)

Defense: 118-128 (varies) (Base Defense: 43-53)
Defense: 278-288 (varies) (Base Defense: 43-53)
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 125
Assassin Kick Damage: 39-80
+75 Defense
40% Faster Run/Walk
+110 To Attack Rating
+44 To Life

25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (2 items)
+2 To Combat Skills (Barbarian Only) (3 Items)
+160 Defense (4 Items)
Half Freeze Duration (5 Items)

Quite possibly the second worst item of the set, but the bonuses are still more than worthwhile. 40% faster run/walk, coupled with the bonus gained from the Increased speed skill, makes you run really fast. As usually the attack rating boost helps, and the life is BO-able (aka Battle Orders Warcry will increase this life bonus).

Immortal King's Set Partial and Complete bonuses

Partial Set Bonus
+50 To Attack Rating (2 Items)
Additional +75 To Attack Rating (3 Items)
Additional +125 To Attack Rating (4 Items)
Additional +200 To Attack Rating (5 Items)

Complete Set Bonus
+3 To Barbarian Skill Levels
+450 To Attack Rating
+150 To Life
All Resistances +50
Magic Damage Reduced By 10
Display Aura

Immortal King's Set overview

- 1803 total elemental damage - enough to kill Physical immunes in a 1-player game.
- 10% Life and Mana steal - all you will ever need.
- +5 to Masteries/Warcries.
- +7 to Combat skills.
- 90% to Cold, 118% Fire, 121% Lightning, 100% Poison resistances - Amazing amounts of resistances. Add to this the bonus from the Natural resistance skill an you are easily maxed.
- 50% Faster Hit Recovery - Just enough to reach the 5 frame FHR breakpoint. No more is really necessary.

Amulets

Only 2 serious choices here. Highlord's Wrath is too great to pass up. Deadly strike adds to your damage nicely, and other stats are helpful.

Another choice is the Metalgrid. It adds the largest amount of attack rating for any single one item. It is a little harder to obtain on nonladder though.

The other choice is to combine the Ring and Amulet from the Angelic Raiment set, which gives easily over 1,000 AR per ring!

Rings

Personally I consider two Ravenfrosts with high AR (240+) the best option, but there are many other possibilities. You could go for a nice Rare or Craft with Strength/Leech/Attack Rating/Life/Mana bonuses.

Another option people mention a lot is the Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band (Bk5). I don't think this ring is really worth it, as the skill is not that valuable, the ring has no attack rating bonuses, and the life is not BO-able (it's added to your life totals, but Battle Orders will not increase it any further). May as well just go for a nice rare then.
Of course then there is the Angelic Raiment combo, already explained in the amulet section.

Switch slots

The most useful switch in my opinion are the +3 to Warcries weapons, which you can buy from Malah in Act5 Hell during baalruns, if you so desire. Just make sure you can equip them, although dexterity from the set (and Ravenfrosts, if you use them), should be sufficient. I like throwing weapons (Balanced Knifes) the most, but some people also prefer throwing spears (Glaives). You can also go for dual Heart of the Oak flails, or dual +3 Call to Arms weapons (Note: CTA doesn't give a boost to Shout as much as other mentioned options).

Inventory and Stash

You want a good stats Annihilus and Torch, as this will help you with high strength requirements. Resistances are not important. The other charms should be 15-20 life small charms; or grand charms with a bonus to Warcries skill.
Expensive option includes small/grand charms with maximum damage/attack rating/life, but you dont really need them. Some extra cold damage on charms is useful too, as the cold duration stacks. Longer cold duration means the monsters will be slower for longer, and more will shatter due to freezing.

A note on stash - If you are on ladder, I recommend you keep a large stack (16+) of Full rejuvenation potions ready in case you encounter a Diablo Clone in any one of your games. Read section 8 of this guide for more information.

3. Statistics

Starting Barbarian statistics:
30 Strength
20 Dexterity
25 Vitality
10 Energy
55 Life
92 Stamina
10 Mana

Per level up bonuses - +2 to Life / +1 to Mana
Per point bonuses - 1 Vitality adds +4 to Life/+1 to Stamina; 1 Energy adds +1 to Mana

The stats on the IK set Barbarian are pretty straightforward. You need enough strength to wear all items (some is already provided by the set, the rest you can add with equipment).

Dexterity is completely worthless. You dont have a shield and the attack rating gain is negligible.

Vitality is the most important. 4pts of Life for a point spend is the best bonus of all classes, and thus extremely worthwhile.

Energy - Don't put any points in here. You will have enough Mana and it will be constantly replenished thanks to mana steal that the IK set provides.

Gold: 6,151.00
Jan 6 2011 10:50am
4. Skills

Skills are pretty straigtforward. This character is Whirlwind based with good tanking power. The skill setup that I recommend in this section provides you with you all that you will ever really need.

Skills to maximize (20 hard points):

Mace mastery - Your main weapon is a mace, so this is the skill to max. Improves attack rating, damage and adds critical hits (2x damage).

Whirlwind - Your main attack skill. Lets you hit several targets at once.

Battle Orders - Gives a massive boost to life, mana and stamina to you and the team.

Shout - This skills boosts defense, and since IK set does have high items with high defense, it's worth it. Defense increase is also extremely beneficial to your mercenary.

1 point skills (you put into them 1 hard point and no more, let the +skills on items take care of them):

All prerequisites (Bash, Leap, Stun, Concentrate, Howl, Increased stamina, Natural resistance)

1 Battle Command - Gives an extra skill point, but doesn't improve with more points (except duration) so 1 is enough. Use before other warcries.

1 Berserk - Converts your damage into magical, useful against Physical immunes and to counter the effects of Iron Maiden curse.

1 Improved speed - Makes you run/walk faster, stacks nicely with the 40% bonus on boots. 1pt is enough though.

Rest into Iron skin - This just raises your defense more. If you want you can put these points elsewhere.

Key configuration

Before we start with the skill usage, I just want to say how a decent key configuration should be done, so you will be able to use your character more effectively.
Here is the key config, that I use and am confortable with.

Q - Battle Command
W - Battle Orders
E - Shout

A - Switch weapons
S - Whirlwind
D - Howl

C - Contentrate (left)
V - Berserk (left)

Mouse Wheel Up - Leap
Mouse Wheel Down - Whirlwind

Skill usage

Whirlwind - Your main combat skill. This skill puts you in a rotating motion, during which you hit a monster or a group multiple times. There are several different ways to use this skill. The most common is to do short whirls in a triangle (aka Tri-whirl), which guarantees the most hits.

Another way is to make a longer whirl through a group - use this if there are strong monsters in the group, and you dont want to risk a Tri-whirl against them.

The third move is more defensive. As the monster is about to approach you, predict his motion, and do a short whirl away from him (or to the sides). This way you will likely score a hit, but he won't (also called a Clip whirl).

When you whirl, learn the range of your weapon and always try to whirl so you hit them with the edge of your weapon (aka skim them).

Leap - Is a great skill as it allows you to bypass some obstacles, just like with teleport. In combat it will knock back nearby enemies when you land. You can use it to leap into or out of action, and combines well with the whirlwind skill.

Berserk - Used to be very important in the previous game versions, since you could use it while under the effect of the Iron Maiden curse (reflects back your own damage). However in the v1.13 patch this threat is gone, since Oblivion Knights are no longer able to cast Iron Maiden. It does still remain useful against physical immunes, since its magical damage.

You have to be careful though. This skill puts you in a vulnerable position, as you can't leech from magical damage, and your defense is lowered to zero (and the fact, that you have no shield).

Concentrate - This is the second 1-point Combat skill that I recommend using. As opposite from Berserk, you can leech from it, and your defense is actually increased while you are using it. This is a good skill, when you want to pick a certain monster from a group, and works well even if you are overcrowded.

Battle Orders - Is one of the best skills in Diablo 2, hands down. It increases the life/mana/stamina of you and your team by an amazing amount. Use a Battle Command before to increase it by a point.

Shout - I prefer this over Iron skin, as it gives more defense and helps the whole party and your mercenary. Like I wrote before, the IK set has high defense items, so this is useful.

Howl - Scares monsters away. Not really a skill that you will use often, but it can get you out of a hard crowd, or if you enter a swarmed teleport set up by another player (some people are mean).

5. Mercenary

This choice is very important. I recommend the Act 2 Nightmare offensive mercenary, who provides the Might aura (which adds about 200%ed to your damage). You want to give him an ethereal Reaper's Toll (Unique Thresher), which has an amazing 33% chance to cast Decrepify (enemies get a 50% penalty to their attack speed, are slowed and weakened). This is the secret which will make your Mercenary and Barbarian much more effective. When enemies become Decrepified, they fall rather easily. Put an Amn into it for even more life steal.

And no, don't use Pride. Even though people recommend it, it's not worth it. It's a rather expensive runeword (particularly on nonladder), it's a bad weapon by itself, and the concentration doesn't add that much damage to warrant its use (345% ed for a lvl 20 Concentration). Reaper's Toll does much more with Decrepify, and the actual weapon does good damage as well.

The other equipment is optional. Items should be Ethereal, if possible, since they don't lose durability on mercenaries. Shaftstop 'UM' (30% damage reduction and Resistances), Fortitude (300% enhanced damage, Resistances), Treachery (45% increased attack speed and a chance to cast Fade), upgraded Duriel's Shell with an ias/ed jewel (Cannot be Frozen, Resistances, Increased attack speed).

For helmets you only really want either the Andariel's Visage 'RAL' (skills, increased attack speet, life steal, makes merc almost poison immune), or Vampire Gaze (socket with Um/Ber rune or an ias/ed jewel) for a nice chunk of damage reduction and life leech.

6. Leveling tips

Is that really important, since it seems that most people just rush their chars to Hell now?

For equips I recommend the Sigon's Complete Steel set, Eye of Etlich amulet, and low-mid level leeching equips like Manald heal or a nice rare if you got one. Complete this with the Hellforge hammer, or any other rare that you find (on Normal difficulty). Death set combo of Belt+Gloves is pretty useful too, as are items like the Twitchthroe armor and the Bloodfist gloves. In the stash some strength charms are always helpful.

For mid levels a good Steeldriver Maul is great and you will easily waltz through Nightmare using it. Aldur's weapon isn't too bad either, particularly if you want to stick to Sigon's for a while still.

You want to level in Tristram up to level 15 or so, then Act 2 Tombruns up to 24, then Ancients (25) and after that Chaos Sanctuary or Baalruns up to 40-45. In Nightmare you Baal until you can equip the whole set (level 76). Its going to take a while, but its worth it as you want to enter Hell difficulty fully geared.

Skill setups

I will not make a science out of this. Basically put 1-point into prerequisites as soon as you get them (save up some points beforehand, if necessary). The same is with the 1-point skills. Up to level 30, alternate points between Mace mastery and Shout. From 30 on start putting pts into Whirlwind and Battle Orders and maximize them first. In the end, maximize Shout and Mace mastery. Put the left over points into Iron skin or whichever skill you want.

7. General tips

- Use Warcries in the right order. Always start with the Battle Command, then follow with Battle orders (most important), and Shout (2nd most important). So in case your crying is interrupted, you will at least have Battle Orders up.

- If you get swarmed, or enter a swarmed TP, use Howl to scare monsters away. It may look funny and dumb, but it just might save you.

- Team up with Paladins (Concentration aura) or Necromancers (ask them to use Amplify Curse).

- Use Leap to stomp/knockback enemies.

- Berserk skill is all magical damage, so it works well against Physical immunes.

- If you do Travincal runs, take an extra time and clean up two temples in the Kurast Causeway (they are both 'lvl85' areas), especially if you are on ladder and hunt for rare items.

- 'Kurast Bazaar chest popping' - In Kurast Bazaar you can run around and open all chests, containers and such, while avoiding monsters altogether. This way you can quickly get a lot of charms, gems and runes. Containers are often locked, so bring a stack of Keys for this run.

- Carry a line of Super Mana potions. They are not as great as Rejuvenation potions, but they replenish mana continuously, which will help you if you if/when you encounter monsters that burn your mana.

8. IK vs. Diablo Clone

Yes IK can beat a Diablo Clone and this is not a joke. I did several of them in the previous ladder, so I want to share some of my experiences with you.

First you need to be in a ladder Hell game. When you see the Stones of Jordan are being sold at a rapid rate, this means the server is Hot and Diablo Clone might spawn at any time. Whatever you do, DON'T exit the game. If this is a public game with other random players, you have to outsmart them and find a nice spawning spot, that nobody else will ever find. Otherwise the game will turn into a mess, trust me.

I recommend you go to Act3 - Kurast Bazaar, and find the Temple, where you normally do the Book quest ('Lam Esen's Tome'). Stand at the stairway entrance, but don't enter. When the screen goes dark and a message 'Diablo Walks the Earth' appears, quickly enter the Temple. This should spawn the Diablo Clone near the bookstand, where there is usually another Super-Unique monster (Battlemaid Sarina).

To fight the Diablo Clone, have a belt of Full rejuvenation potions prepared. Then attack the Clone, constantly Tri-whirling him. Your Mercenary must not die, as his Decrepify is of great help. Feed the Mercenary potions, if he's about to die (shift+1,2,3,4). You can't run away, because the Diablo Clone will quickly regenerate his life back to full. Normally he loses life pretty quickly, thanks to the Crushing Blow, but the last milimeter of his bar can take forever, but you have to PERSEVERE.

When the Diablo Clone dies, grab the Unique Small Charm (Annihilus), and inform other players he is dead, so they won't search forever. Or be mean and just leave.

If you cannot pick the Annihilus, it will be a bit trickier. You can call in a friend, or pick the Anni and drop it in a hidden spot. Then recollect it with another char. Be wary of the 'Game Full Bug', where Battle.net server thinks the game is full but it really isn't, so you may be unable to rejoin the game to pick up the Anni. In this case, try to rejoin game every 5 minutes or so, as the bug sometimes clears up by itself.

9. IK vs. IK (Player vs. Player)

These are duels (PvP), where the Barbarians fight it out 1 vs. 1 with the Full IK set. It's a rather interesting duel, as your Whirlwind skill and PvP practices do come to a test. The biggest problem is the attack rating of IK Barbarians, as they usually have more defense and less attack rating. So the Angelic ring and amulet combo can be really useful here - to get a thousand more attack rating up. You could also use a Metalgrid though.

The other factor is sockets. The IK weapon is usually set up with ias/ed/ar jewels, but for armors in my opinion the Ber runes (8% damage reduction / rune) are the most useful, as they add up to 24% of damage reduction on the character (for a total of 44% with complete set). You can tank more hits, and the IK set can already tank more than a few. In fact a duel can take a while, if you both play defensively.

I recommend you try to figure out where your opponent is going, and Clip whirl them (away or from the side), or try to whirl into his whirl (a more offensive approach). Keep in mind the hammer range is low, so skimming doesn't work too well.

If they try to desync by stacking increased speed items and charms, try to whirl ahead of where you see them on the minimap - you just might get a lucky shot. Also if you can, agree to no more than 4 mana potions for one fight (4 because nobody can prove the last slots are really empty). Also speaking of Demon Limb and other precast items - I consider them bad mannered in this duel, because your skill and equipment tweakage should be the deciding factor here, and not the depth of one's stash.

10. My IK Barbarian

This is really just for comparison. I'm not even trying to boast here, as my equips (charms in particular) are far from perfect. Here's what you should end up with, if you have followed my guidelines.

My Barbarian is level 95 at the moment, with 5700 life, 5000+ damage Whirlwind, 75% all res, 44% damage reduction, etc. The mercenary has ethereal Reaper's Toll with AMN, ethereal upgraded Duriel's Shell with an ias/ed jewel and Andariel's Visage 'RAL'.

11. Final words, legal and credits

I have put a lot of work and information into this guide, so I hope you have enjoyed it, and that more people will get an IK set Barbarian from now on (yeah, dream on).

I would like to thank Blizzard for making this awsome game, and all good players who keep supporting it.

I would like to give credit to the Arreat Summit website, and to all the people who have made Immortal King set guides in the past - I have likely learned a lot from them, so I don't want to discredit anyone.

This guide should only be posted on the d2jsp forum (forums.d2jsp.org), and I thank the forum owner and keepers/moderators for making this possible. I encourage them to continue to support this forum, which is one of the best meeting places for Diablo 2 players.

This guide is version 1.00 - The initial release.

Written and posted in 2011 by Leohappy.

This post was edited by Leohappy on Jan 6 2011 11:10am
Gold: 39.60
Jan 6 2011 10:57am
i see :).
not to shabby
Gold: 0.00
Jan 6 2011 10:59am
Amazing guide!
Set's are really fun to use, it's good to see that people still use them.
IK is one of the most underestimated sets for PvM, it works great.
Jan 6 2011 11:12am
Read through it.. One of the better IK barb guides I've read so far.. I have a few suggestions..

1. For PvM purposes, socketing with Sol runes would be a slightly better option. Apart from the fact that they are cheap, after your inherent 20% DR, integer DR would help you almost equally (and in some cases, even more).

2. For your mercenary's helm, Guillaume's face is a worthy option. He has all the life leech he needs from Reaper's (13-15), so the CB and DS from guillaume's face would be a good bonus.

Apart from this, your guide looks good overall. Try making the font more readable though.. A huge essay in font 4 with lots of bolded stuff looks glaring.
Gold: 822.00
Jan 6 2011 12:07pm
Alright, but there is no need to copy-paste item stats from the Arreat Summit. It's just a bad habit, and not really interesting to read.
Link there and post a summary of important stats instead (the average reader wants to know what he achieves with the items listed).

Larger font size is bad except for headers and the likes. Just use the standard, perhaps another font (e.g. verdana).

Dual CtA is a bad idea, due to the Oskill cap: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/basics.shtml#oskill
Buff with HotO/3 Wc and CtA.

Find Item with 2 x Ali Baba if you are into treasure hunting.
Corpses of Champion + Unique/SuperUnique.

Experience tells me that 20 Berserk over Shout is an option worth considering.
- You hit harder and more consistently.
- Berserk synergises Concentrate.
- Debuff duration decreases.

It's ''Increased Speed'', not ''Improved Speed''.

As mentioned, Guillaume's Face is kickass on mercenaries, especially with Decrepify.

This post was edited by Eywa on Jan 6 2011 12:12pm
Gold: 0.01
Jan 6 2011 12:55pm
what about tele charges amu and making ik bvc?
Jan 6 2011 12:59pm
Quote (kozadupa @ Jan 6 2011 01:55pm)
what about tele charges amu and making ik bvc?

gl with fcr breakpoints..

Gold: 484.19
Jan 6 2011 02:12pm
Quote (ashwinthegrim @ 6 Jan 2011 20:59)
gl with fcr breakpoints..

2x fcr rings will do :P

i wonder if there is an option of a 2 barb/18 fcr tele charges amu.. *___*
Gold: 6,351.00
Jan 6 2011 02:26pm
Ik set is cool, no doubt but i´d use angelic combo (ring+amu) as base setup, since ar is essential.
I used to start ladders with ik mf whirler but with treachery instead of ik armor, because its expensive in the beginning, but viable in hell within 1 day (but replaced later ofc)
U dont need ur merc to kill dc...just make sure to have good ar and maybe a lifetap wand on switch...
Put on natures peace vs dc for "prevents monster heal mod"...its so useful, especially when his health bar is running low...conc or ww him and hes down ~ 1 min.
My remaining points would go into berserk...i never felt that i needed more def.
Reapers/treachery/gully merc ftw :blush:

€dit:
Quote (pawcisxdiablo2 @ 6 Jan 2011 21:12)
2x fcr rings will do :P

(...)

Gl with ar then ^^

This post was edited by N4ddi on Jan 6 2011 02:28pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll