d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Definitive Guide To Firewall - Orb - Enchant Sorcs > Current As Of 1.13c
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.00
Jul 24 2011 06:05pm
Quote (Meimu @ 21 Jul 2011 03:38)
Just for conversation sake, and because you seem far more knowledgeable than me when it comes to sorceresses, what is your reasoning for choosing frozen orb as your hybrid skill?

And maybe comment on the effectiveness of someone using blizzard instead?

Great guide, building this now, and will probably be maining this as my first char @ next ladder reset. This will absolutely rape in a ladder party.

Because unlike Frozen Orb, Blizzard has several synergies that must be vested to produce significant damage. Frozen orb only has Ice bolt as a synergy and does adequate damage that is also widespread in effect (chant affects single monsters, while orb covers a wide area). You could utilize charged bolt if you preferred, but orb is also nice for slowing down mobs that are coming your way and I prefer orb because I can then use static as my "third element" if you will. B)
Gold: 2.00
Jul 24 2011 06:36pm
Quote (KurosakiIchigo @ Jul 24 2011 05:05pm)
Because unlike Frozen Orb, Blizzard has several synergies that must be vested to produce significant damage.  Frozen orb only has Ice bolt as a synergy and does adequate damage that is also widespread in effect (chant affects single monsters, while orb covers a wide area).  You could utilize charged bolt if you preferred, but orb is also nice for slowing down mobs that are coming your way and I prefer orb because I can then use static as my "third element" if you will.  B)

Ahhh, yeah. Good point with the synergies. :)

Thanks for covering that for me! Appreciate it!

I am now utilizing my enchantress as a rusher/leveler. I've been making bumper accounts to sell people, and the enchantress makes getting a char from 1-40 easy as pie.

Such a handy character to have, honestly. Not hard to get halfway decent gear for them either. (Lucked out and picked up an enchant ormus for free :D) These should be right up there with hammerdins as essential classes for any account.

Thanks for this guide.

This post was edited by Meimu on Jul 24 2011 06:37pm
Gold: 0.30
Jul 28 2011 04:26am
Ive been building Firewall/Orb sorcs since d2 was released and have a well known reputation For firewall sorcs

and imo my variations would be this

Bps/Stats

105fcr/142fhr

75% Mb

rest into vit

Skills

20warmth,
20firewall---------------Y
20firemastery
20orb
1 cold mastery
1 enchant
1 es
1static

Rest in cold mastery as you level Or Inferno for synergy

Merc ( Defiance aura merc)
infinity, Ca or Cv/Efort or Estone for fhr E andys

His damage alone without enchant is plenty to 2 hit just about anything unless phys immunes

with the defiance aura you can practically tank more then an es sorc but with the 75% es from the 1 point in it mana regen is insane if you go skiller gear

No need for prebuffs To keep this char well balanced

Jul 28 2011 04:29am
I prefer Eth nws and Eth treks as well as nigma for the frw bonus and str bonuses

Jul 28 2011 04:36am
My sorc wil hit over 15k defenese with defiance merc and this gear

and also 35k firewall which is over kill

2sojs
mages
mp nigma
40hoto
Eth Nw
Eth treks
Arachs
Maras
Spirit mon ( with 75% mb)
3frw/5res scs for stack or 20/17s but you really dont need any scs for this sorc to be excellent

Reason i take nigma is for massive str bonus and frw, which is handy in duels and running around monsters,
The hoto is for dex to help with mb
Eth Nw is for def/+dex for Mb
Of course skiller gears
Massive def

105/142 bps

You can pretty much go afk in the middle any mob and go take a piss

Your life will sit about 1.8k mana 1.4k ish

which is better then 2.5k+ life because your mana regen is so massive you wont need to have beefed up life you can take more hits then a vita sorc all day that is if anything gets through your 15k+ defiance values

I find that a combination of frw/fcr/fhr is the best option with this type of sorc,

because when you go for fcr gear you lose the vital skill bonuses that make this char so well rounded (warmth/frozen shield/es etc)
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll