d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides >
Poll > Bigsticks Cs/pvm - Windforce Guide - 1.13
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 90.00
Oct 26 2010 12:18am
no need your guide
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=5088194
already is one
Gold: 5.50
Oct 26 2010 12:19am
Quote (Inh @ 26 Oct 2010 07:18)
no need your guide
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=5088194
already is one

if you would have read through the whole guide. both krembanans and mine. you'd notice there are some differences. and @ the end of mine. i even have a link to krembanans and lemon's guides. to show that they were my inspiration/info source.
Oct 26 2010 10:52am
anything else somebody wants to say..?
Gold: 1,105.00
Oct 26 2010 11:56am
gg
Oct 27 2010 03:21am
moar comments plz!
Gold: 0.00
Oct 27 2010 10:50am
It was a comment on the first page but anyway: Greath Hauberk IS in fact a light armor and won't slow your running down.

Also, I would suggest Andariels Visage to open up for either that 15/40 in WF or Atmas Scarab. Atmas will be very nice, mainly swhen fighting your way through the narrow lanes in the beginning of Chaos since you should use Strafe there.. Andys offers pretty much all the circ adds and is cheaper+adds 20IAS which is great for a speed-freak-build like this! ^^

Also, add a few maax damage charms, they would ramp up the damage a lot. I mean, if you are trying to keep it cheap some plain 10max GCs or 3max SCs wouldn't cost much..

Otherwise I really like this kind of zon - always loved Windforce+Faith merc!

This post was edited by BloomTwig on Oct 27 2010 10:51am
Gold: 0.01
Oct 27 2010 11:33am
First of all how do you survive with negative resist? One hit by a black soul and your history. I guess you put in resist charms? How about life? Do say you use harmony on switch so I dont see you using CTA? I get close to 1k life using CTA and need it because I dont run from anything. Eventually you will get hit and killed, I hate with a passion getting killed. I also hate running away.

I have never been much of a fan of WF. I tried for a long time to make it come close to overall playability "which includes surviving as well as killing" as a Faith or Wrath build. Seems like I was always giving up more than I was gaining just to use WF. Last week I finally found a good setup to use. I ended up using Andy helm with 15ias jewel, WF with sheal, fort, IK SET Gloves and Belt, War travs, Raven F and high str dual leach with resist ring and ATMA ammy.

With this setup I get 95 ias "7fps with faith merc", ctc amp "it dont work as much as I like", KB, dont remember the exact numbers but I have great light and fire resist. With the extra strength that comes from the IK gloves and belt I can now put in life charms instead of strength to use the stupidly high str req WF. All stats are in dext, skills are divided, dont remember exactly but I can say only one point is needed in the bow skills to get down to strafe. Strafe with magic arrow is all you need to use. I could never get a WF based zone to run anywhere in the game I wanted to "comfortably" or without having to run away as I could with a Faith or Wrath build until I used the setup above.

Everyone always says to use Razertail and loh gloves. Those are great choices and I do use them on my Wrath build with great success and use loh gloves on my Faith build but neither are used on my WF build.

Overall your build is not much different than the others I have seen posted but thanks for posting it anyway. I might post my Wrath build because I have not seen one like it. Im also working on a Mav build that is actually becoming effective. I would try yours but it wouldnt quite be the same as I dont have the helm plus I have tried using the gloves and belt before.

Thanks for the post though I am glad the build is working out for you.
Oct 28 2010 07:40am
Quote (BloomTwig @ 27 Oct 2010 17:50)
It was a comment on the first page but anyway: Greath Hauberk IS in fact a light armor and won't slow your running down.

Also, I would suggest Andariels Visage to open up for either that 15/40 in WF or Atmas Scarab. Atmas will be very nice, mainly swhen fighting your way through the narrow lanes in the beginning of Chaos since you should use Strafe there.. Andys offers pretty much all the circ adds and is cheaper+adds 20IAS which is great for a speed-freak-build like this! ^^

Also, add a few maax damage charms, they would ramp up the damage a lot. I mean, if you are trying to keep it cheap some plain 10max GCs or 3max SCs wouldn't cost much..

Otherwise I really like this kind of zon - always loved Windforce+Faith merc!

well. the main reason that i use the circ is for the extra frw, it really is comfortable to have it, and you'll miss it if you use andy's, other than that, i can't come up with any reason not to be able to use andy's ^^
as for atma's. the curse only triggers with the 2 arrows in the middle of multi, which is quite a loss. getting frw/ias/dex(dmg, ar) from amu > getting the curse :P
i'll get back to you about strafe a bit later.

As for the charms. i've tried using a few charms, but... if I/u you charms. where do I put all the delicious items I find when chaosing?! :OOO

Quote (Kisssofdeath @ 27 Oct 2010 18:33)
First of all how do you survive with negative resist?  One hit by a black soul and your history.  I guess you put in resist charms?  How about life?  Do say you use harmony on switch so I dont see you using CTA?  I get close to 1k life using CTA and need it because I dont run from anything.  Eventually you will get hit and killed, I hate with a passion getting killed.  I also hate running away.

I have never been much of a fan of WF.  I tried for a long time to make it come close to overall playability "which includes surviving as well as killing" as a Faith or Wrath build.  Seems like I was always giving up more than I was gaining just to use WF.  Last week I finally found a good setup to use.  I ended up using Andy helm with 15ias jewel, WF with sheal, fort, IK SET Gloves and Belt, War travs, Raven F and high str dual leach with resist ring and ATMA ammy.

With this setup I get 95 ias "7fps with faith merc", ctc amp "it dont work as much as I like", KB, dont remember the exact numbers but I have great light and fire resist.    With the extra strength that comes from the IK gloves and belt I can now put in life charms instead of strength to use the stupidly high str req WF.  All stats are in dext, skills are divided, dont remember exactly but I can say only one point is needed in the bow skills to get down to strafe.  Strafe with magic arrow is all you need to use.  I could never get a WF based zone to run anywhere in the game I wanted to "comfortably" or without having to run away as I could with a Faith or Wrath build until I used the setup above.

Everyone always says to use Razertail and loh gloves.  Those are great choices and I do use them on my Wrath build with great success and use loh gloves on my Faith build but neither are used on my WF build.

Overall your build is not much different than the others I have seen posted but thanks for posting it anyway.  I might post my Wrath build because I have not seen one like it.  Im also working on a Mav build that is actually becoming effective.  I would try yours but it wouldnt quite be the same as I dont have the helm plus I have tried using the gloves and belt before. 

Thanks for the post though I am glad the build is working out for you.

You don't really need res^^ I have full revj pots in belt if I were to get hit by something and not die, but mostly I just don't get hit, everything is pretty much always dead when I see it :3
So for a glasscanon like this ama, neither life nor res is important, and no. I don't use CTA either, the stats on in the s/s are my stats I always have.

As for the using of strafe. I've had strafe-zons be4. and my only conclusion is. it sucks, compared to multi. You have more control of the char when using multi. e.g. if you start shooting strafe, the attack must end before you can move again, while you're attack, you're a big and easy target for whatever attacks/monsters.
With multi, you skip this problem.

This post was edited by Bigstick on Oct 28 2010 07:44am
Gold: 1,275.00
Oct 28 2010 07:56am
Prefer Highlord/Gores. I think 50% ds + 15 Cb è 10% Ow are more useful.

I'd also use Faith instead ofr Windforce.

Then Act 2 Nightmeare Merch (might) + Pride Weapon (concentration)

As last I'd also use Nosferatu instead of razortail. Pierce doesn't work as did in the past...

A random helm with 3 x 40/15 with some life would be useful too.

Just my point of view though ^^
Oct 28 2010 11:27am
Quote (Darkal @ 28 Oct 2010 14:56)
Prefer Highlord/Gores. I think 50% ds + 15 Cb è 10% Ow are more useful.

I'd also use Faith instead ofr Windforce.

Then Act 2 Nightmeare Merch (might) + Pride Weapon (concentration)

As last I'd also use Nosferatu instead of razortail. Pierce doesn't work as did in the past...

A random helm with 3 x 40/15 with some life would be useful too.

Just my point of view though ^^

both cb and ow is just a waste. the monsters die quick enough anyway. and as you pretty much max critical strike, you get "ds" from that too.
the fun about this build is just the part about using WF instead of faith.
and about 120/45 helm, the price is too great.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll