d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Zon Guide 1.13
12333Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 20 2010 03:18pm
I'm sorry for my not so perfect english but I am quite sure its more than understandable
If you have any questions PM tudey as he would love to answer them and he like fg donations as thanks for helping out (If he don't respond to your pm spam him abit)

IF YOU WANT TO DUEL ME FEEL FREE TO PM I PLAY EUROPE NONLADDER!!!
PS ITS PVP GUIDE NOT PVM

WHAT YOU WILL LEARN/ GET BETTER AT BY USING THIS CHARACTER;
1) Wsg (weapon switch glitch= quickly pressing ur switch hotkey)
2) Avoiding hits
3) Predicting
4) Snipe
5) Namelocking

STATS ALL IN ALL
Strengthbug (you look naked on enemy screen which leads to better synch)
High chance for critical hit
Maxblock Max DR
6K~ ga
2K~ LIFE
Good flexibility
135frw bow slot~

Attributes:
STR FOR EQUIP, DEX FOR MAXBLOCK WITH SWORDBACK AND REST INTO VITALITY

EQUIPMENT
Weapons
Bow Slot: Faith Gmb
Java Slot:1) Eth rare Pilum (with ias)/matriarchal javelins 4xxed selfrep 2) Eth Upg Titans

Shield
Stormshield '40ED/-15req'

Amu
1) Highlord 2) Cats (incase you lack frw /example using hots and feeling too slow)

Helm
30 frw 120/45

Armor
Fortitude AP

Rings
#1: Raven
#2: Stat ring/wisp/raven

Belt
1)Bugbelt 2)nosferatu

Gloves
1)2pm kb 20ias 15str ll 2)kb 20ias 15str

Boots
War Traveler

Inventory
1* 451 psn sc
20/20 ama torch 25% firestorm
20/20 anni
16* 5frw/3max/20ar
20* 3max/20ar/20life

Stash
Stat ring (ll ar dex life mana res)/wisp/raven
1) 08 inferno 2)Hots
Twice upgraded Swordback (strbugged if its upgraded twice) '40ED/9DEX' OR '40ED/15IAS' if you lack the ias
Cube (can put cta mara bkbk demonlimb in here for cubebo and this stuff)
Cta
2* bk
demonlimb
mara
Demon Limb
20/11s (cr/lr/fr)
30 frw 90cr/45ias

NOTE: ALWAYS USE RES CHARMS IF YOU NEED RES, TRIRES BOOTS ETC SUCKS ASS

OPTIONAL GEAR SETUP WHICH MAY BE PREFERED IN SOME SETUPS (24/7 KB AND OW + LT)
Giant Skull 80/30
Draculs
Faith MB
Cats if you need more frw as gianst skull doesn't provide any
(Note: with this setup your ias on 2nd slot will be lower, so matriarchal javelins with ias or so is perfect together with this)

How to skill
LEVEL 23 MULTI (SO YOU SHOOT 24ARROWS ON BOW)
+20 guided arrows
+20 critical strike
+1 jab
+1 lightning fury
+1 lightning bolt
+1 plague javelin
+1 poison javelin
+1 penetrate
+1 pierce
+1 inner sight
+1 slow missiles
+1 decoy
+1 valkyrie
+1 magic arrows
+1 cold arrows
Rest into dodge/avoid/evade, which to skill kind of depends what setups you find hardest/which you duel the most

Personally i got:
69% to avoid (when you stand still and get hit by missiles)
56% to dodge (when you stand still and get hit by melee)
59% evade (when you run and get hit)

HOW SHOULD I PLAY? ( http://www.youtube.com/user/JsV1x )
CLIPS/ DEMONSTRATIONS FOR ALOT OF THE SETUPS IN THAT CHANNEL

VS ALL BASICS When its not go or enemy teleport away to recast or whatever you are free to move position a little bit if you prefer to be at some other spot & cast decoy valkyrie and Life oak(life)/ HoW (dmg&ar) if you're using wisp
TRY TO KILL THE MINIONS FIRST ALWAYS. ITS NEVER THE BEST CHOICE TO TANK YOUR ENEMY EXCEPT IF ITS BVC / ASSA
IF YOU ARE ON JAVA SLOT AND ARE USING BOLT/FURY VS YOUR ENEMY THEN YOU CAN SWITCH TO JAB THEN PRESS W AND KEEP LOCK WITHOUT RE-LOCKING (GOOD IF ENEMY IS OUF OF SIGHT!)

Vs Nec USE SWORDBACK - IF YOUR GETTING HIT EASILY/OFTEN WHILE RUNNING AWAY DOING THIS THEN YOUR PRESSING W TOO SLOW OR JUST NOT AVOIDING THE ATTACKS GOOD ENOUGH
NB - Multiwhore and hit them so they get rid of bone armor or losing a little life entering your screen, when they appear within your sight so you can lock them = If you get lock first ga him and you will most likely win the outtank, however if he get lock then DO NOT try to outtank in any way since you will most likely lose then, just wsg away avoiding his spears/spirits/teeths when you got free/clear shot of shooting throw bolt/fury (can be mixed I usally only use bolt only together with swordback, if he ain't got bone armor up i'd go with fury though, but remember to throw it with safety) and if you noticed somewhere that he lost lock on you while then just ga lock and he will most likely die
MB - Kind of the same tactic except furys isn't as useful, bolt bolt bolt for many hits and let the ow do the work, kind of same duel as vs sorc but a lil harder as they got more life to take down and got higher dmg

Vs Hammer USE SWORDBACK
Multi to kill oak after this ga lock & wsg or walk away when you notice he's going to jump you or if a hammerline is going to hit you ofc, if you see ga going around the head without hitting him use fury/multi and the ga's which are going around his head will hit him too, try to keep valkyrie up as he often hits/makes him block

Vs Smite/charge/zeal
Ga while he's out of screen when he gets in screen just use fury (bolt is ok too if his res sucks) most of the smites will use pure charge so its probably the most boring setup you can do as ama in 1v1. Try to hit as much as possible while they are charging, if they walk around trying to namelock they are usally freekills, so is everyone using teleport to kill ama, i mean the teleport itself make no use as you can easily avoid telesmiting by moving normal and wsg'ing depending if your slowed or not

Vs Druid
ELE NB - Multiwhore (You can basically kill a nb druid with pure multi) just make sure you killed all their pet if your planning on locking with ga or something, notice druids can get out/jump you even if u got them in ga lock. never try tankout vs druid ever since hurri and all will just put you in dodge animation, always be ready to wsg the fuck as you dont want to get selfsynched vs dru
ELE MB - Same thing just be more careful as you cant stun as much vs mb druid
WOLF - multi to kill minions / ga if your out of distance cant get hit and minions down, you can just run and fury and the wolf will be dead, he shouldn't be able to catch you once. probably the easiest setup for ama

Vs Soso SWORDBACK (+HOTS/INFERNO IF FB, WISP IF LIGHT, RAVENS AND 20/11s + 90CR HELM IF BLIZZ/ORB) Though in many cases just max res is enough
NB - If your good enough and you think you can predict the sosos movement you can predict a ga line for them and they should get really low mana or lose es while trying to attack, or multi and when they get into sight make sure you got wsg ready and keeping yourself into nice synch and after you made them eat like 3-4 ga's and your not in a line or anything you should try to get first hit and then hopefully outtank will make die, if this doesn't work just wsg and kill them by ow using your 2nd slot when they get close, if you got no chance doing this either you may try draculs/shadow mb, perhaps you find this better, but personally i always found this setup peace of a cake using just ow at second slot, as they cant really hit you incase they rush and get close upon you
MB - mix ga/bolt, if you northspam bolt and you get first hit you can throw 2-3 more bolts but if the soso get first hit then just keep on running (if you hit with alot of bolts within short period of time you can try outtank if he didn't drink any manas he should be dead as mb sorceress doesn't have that awesome stats so their mana should go down quickly by every bolt hit)

Vs Assa SWORDBACK VS PURE TRAPPERS
TRAP - Take a nice position on the map (close to corner is good, multi covers all entries so he will get hit for sure) and multiwhore, get lock on the assa use ga & fury you can usally take 50% and alot of the times even more if its cc assa just at the start. Fury/ga is used vs cc, vs w/s (weapon/shield) you should use bolt & ga, if you get low and assa got alot of life left you can try your luck abit by using fury, wsg attack is very useful vs this setup (mb doesn't affect you when you do this)
Ghost/hyb - Same thing but dont try to wsg too much as ww is abit to dangerous, just try to kill the assa as quick as possible without taking hits by its ww, rather tank 3 traps than getting hit by one ww of these :/ use fury & ga, I've found abusing holes on the map nice vs this character as well, but some prefer to start as corner as you can take them down totaly at start sometimes then, but if they survive start goodly then its harder :) so depends what assa you duel against

Vs Barb
NB - Ga /multi if he's using any minions, if you want to lame (autowin) then go to holes and sit there as it makes it harder for barb to make nice whirls, however if the barb wws you it can sometimes be smart to move (walk not run) away abit, to other side of the hole or abit outside of the pool, and you can continue to fury him from there or ga if you feel safe, you can most of the times just outtank the barb totaly if your using bo on your ama in this setup. without bo its harder but you should still win majority of the rounds. You should never get hit on bow slot on this setup so its mainly java slot in this setup
MB - Same thing but you wont win this setup if the barb is somehow decent its just impossible^^ (you can win some rounds but its like 1/10 won)
Zerker = run fury/bolt run fury/bolt pretty much the same as any melee char who cannot teleport (ama is an exception)

Vs Ama
Zon - Ga to make him move/put him out of action and he wont have as nice defense up with multis, if you get abit into multi distance you may multi him, if he's running away follow up keep multi, try to get closer to him and then when he is onscreen or close upon you may use ga, walk sideway to dodge his attacks (if he's java slot) if you doesn't feel ready for this you can use javelins and throw bolt towards enemy if he's standing still java slot, if he's moving use fury, also if they are using bow slot you should immediately fury him, if he's synching dont namelock try to predict his movements
Java - Ga alot as it makes it hard for the java to teleport/often fucks him up totaly, depends alot on his fhr/fcr though. If/when he starts using fc try counter it with casting bolts/fury at him as it stops then, I don't have too much experience vs this chartype so Im not 100% this is the ultimate tactic, but it worked for me so far

WHICH CHARS SHOULD SHOULD I WIN AGAINST?
ALL CHARACTERS EXCEPT; SMITE(CHARGER), JAVA, BARB(SHIELD), NECROS, GHOST

This post was edited by JsV on Oct 20 2010 03:20pm
Gold: 68.00
Oct 20 2010 03:19pm
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Gold: 24,718.50
Warn: 10%
Oct 20 2010 03:21pm
nn repost

reported
Gold: 53,694.62
Oct 20 2010 03:22pm
snipe = ?
namelock = ?
Oct 20 2010 03:23pm
Last topic got closed due to spam which had by far less spam posts than this got already.
I dont know what to say except, awesome.

Quote (CareBear @ 20 Oct 2010 23:27)
you can post it again always

You are a really clever guy indeed, you pay for bold everytime as well?
Either way I wont repost this again at all, if it get spammed that much I guess people dont care or dislike it so no reason to keep it up in that case :)

Some extra info btw;

Starting Stats:
Strength - 20
Dexterity - 25
Vitality - 10
Energy - 15

Gaining levels adds:
+2 to life
+1 to stamina
+1.5 mana

Adding 1 point into Vitality yields +3 life
Adding 1 point into Vitality yields +1 stamina
Adding 1 point into Energy yields +1.5 energy

This post was edited by JsV on Oct 20 2010 03:30pm
Gold: 24,718.50
Warn: 10%
Oct 20 2010 03:25pm
awesome.......
Gold: 144.00
Oct 20 2010 03:27pm
Quote (JsV @ Oct 20 2010 11:23pm)
Last topic got closed due to spam which had by far less spam posts than this got already.
I dont know what to say except, awesome.

you can post it again always
Oct 20 2010 03:32pm
sry, but this guide in 98% is like all other guides.
Oct 21 2010 06:17am
Quote (undead_lord @ 20 Oct 2010 23:32)
sry, but this guide in 98% is like all other guides.

Hmm ok ;-/ Didn't know as I haven't checked any of the other guides tbh
Oct 21 2010 11:42am
well, you have nice videos there then

would like to see vs better bvc and sins

This post was edited by undead_lord on Oct 21 2010 11:43am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12333Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll