d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > ** The Ultima Pvm Fireball-orb Sorc Guide ** > Top1 Pvm Sorc
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,152.00
Dec 12 2011 07:03am
Quote (feanur @ Dec 12 2011 08:51am)
Ty.
Would you mind suggesting other gear ?

For the sake of affordability and simplicity: I would use Shako+Hoto over Nightwing and Fathom. In response to these gear changes, I would put around 8ish points in cold mastery. I would use CoH over Enigma for resists (stat points aren't very important to a vita sorc). Swapping to Hoto would also allow you to use 2x SoJ (or if you must, replace your gloves or belt and get a FCR ring... I'd probably use 2x SoJ if SC).

That or Full Tal's :)

Also, I'm not so sure it's ALWAYS best to max synergies before putting any points in FM, depends on your +skills.

But yeah, the gear changes I made would make the character much more durable, and would not negatively impact killing speed as long as extra points are put into CM.

This post was edited by Voyaging on Dec 12 2011 07:08am
Gold: 15,245.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 13 2011 03:12am
Quote (Voyaging @ Dec 12 2011 02:03pm)
For the sake of affordability and simplicity: I would use Shako+Hoto over Nightwing and Fathom. In response to these gear changes, I would put around 8ish points in cold mastery. I would use CoH over Enigma for resists (stat points aren't very important to a vita sorc). Swapping to Hoto would also allow you to use 2x SoJ (or if you must, replace your gloves or belt and get a FCR ring... I'd probably use 2x SoJ if SC).

That or Full Tal's :)

Also, I'm not so sure it's ALWAYS best to max synergies before putting any points in FM, depends on your +skills.

But yeah, the gear changes I made would make the character much more durable, and would not negatively impact killing speed as long as extra points are put into CM.

Thanks for the clarification.

I can understand the will to free the belt if playing Hardcore (for thundergod), and to have huge stacked res (80% required against conviction enchanted boss).
I've probably already died with this char from some lag - though I don't clearly remember. Lags are the only issue I can imagine - this and UT of course.

With Hoto/shako, indeed, the cost would be lower, but you'd lose +45% cold. Very bad idea in my opinion when cleaning chaos sanctuary. Wave 5 would be a pain too.
And more into cold mastery wouldn't help (infinity + 1 pt is enough to inflict -100% cold res to non-immune).

Full Tal is what comes to my mind if you're looking for a cheaper and still efficient build. But then a pure lightning would be better.
Gold: 15,245.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 31 2011 07:06pm
Quote (Jeebus666 @ Dec 12 2011 01:54pm)
obviously good etc ..

but it would be much better, if it was trying to optimise a setup for PvP :)

Thanks ;)

But it's not something I can do. Leaving this to more experienced duelers !
Gold: 5.00
Dec 31 2011 07:42pm
nigma on a sorc? lawls
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll