d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > <~brynch's 1.11 Pvp Vitabolter Guide~> > Crictically Acclaimed! ..
Prev123411Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 147.01
Warn: 60%
Nov 7 2006 12:25pm
Quote (Incompetence @ Tue, Nov 7 2006, 08:53am)
VS. WWsin

Medium difficulty fight.
Unlike with barbs, you cant really dodge wwsins. They tele right onto you with dragon flight, and then WW. Fortunately, they do far less physical damage than barbs.
The best way to kill them is to just namelock them and sit while you spam fireballs.
It will always take them more than 1 WW to kill you, and they cannot take very many hits. Just spam them while they ww back and forth on you, and you will come out victorious 80% of the time.

I LOL'D.

okay, the guide is nice, but i also had to smite a bit here.

dont take it offensely but even though you are a vita build, wwsins are one of your worst opponents. as long as the wwsin player is no newbie with bramble and plays without traps, your tactics wont work.

ANY of the better wwsin players, doesnt matter what subcathegory of wwsin, will use at least base level traps and mindblast to stun you and attack you whiel youre in a hit recovery lock.
even if you dodge all traps and dont let you be locked, they can tele+df you with lots of open wounds and poison damage to hurt you in the long run.
Gold: 10,649.90
Nov 7 2006 12:40pm
you might wanna go wizzy vs fohrs, for example wizzy + whisp = some stack res + abs .. atleast i guess smile.gif
Gold: 10,940.02
Warn: 10%
Nov 7 2006 01:07pm
Quote (Mischa @ Tue, Nov 7 2006, 06:40pm)
you might wanna go wizzy vs fohrs, for example wizzy + whisp = some stack res + abs .. atleast i guess smile.gif

yea it could work
as long as u have a -15% req jewel in your wizzy
keep them in stash

skully;
when the sin playes like that, just follow my advice on killing trappers

i've fought MANY hybrid assassins
they're traps are weak and their ww's are weaker
not saying anything bad about hybrids
they're very good

just not a problem for sorc's.

they'll try to trap u, and you'll avoid
then they'll use ww on you and you just follow my steps to killing a wwer
Banned
Gold: 147.01
Warn: 60%
Nov 7 2006 01:25pm
well. tbh your statement about trap/ww dmg on hybrids isnt true neither.

if i prebuff venom on my assassin, i get about 4-5k ww dmg each hand and 10.x k dmg strong traps. this is not really less than pure wwsins or pure trapsins.
ow damage is lvl dependant, so gear and skilling doesnt matter at all here. at lvl9x, the dmg output after pvp malus should be about 550 dmg over 8 secs (a bit more or less).

i think if a skilled and well equipped ww based assassin (may it be hybrid with kicks or ls or not) duels a skilled and well equipped sorc like yours, the duels will probably be at least 50:50.
this should be with 75rez and without abs.

what realm are you in? if you are euscnl, we could do some duels. i will possibly lose, but it wont be as easy as you described it =)
Nov 7 2006 01:27pm
i'm useast ladder
Nov 7 2006 06:42pm
up
Gold: 22,408.75
Nov 7 2006 06:57pm
Quote (Skully. @ Tue, Nov 7 2006, 06:25pm)
Quote (Incompetence @ Tue, Nov 7 2006, 08:53am)
VS. WWsin

Medium difficulty fight.
Unlike with barbs, you cant really dodge wwsins. They tele right onto you with dragon flight, and then WW. Fortunately, they do far less physical damage than barbs.
The best way to kill them is to just namelock them and sit while you spam fireballs.
It will always take them more than 1 WW to kill you, and they cannot take very many hits. Just spam them while they ww back and forth on you, and you will come out victorious 80% of the time.

I LOL'D.

okay, the guide is nice, but i also had to smite a bit here.

dont take it offensely but even though you are a vita build, wwsins are one of your worst opponents. as long as the wwsin player is no newbie with bramble and plays without traps, your tactics wont work.

ANY of the better wwsin players, doesnt matter what subcathegory of wwsin, will use at least base level traps and mindblast to stun you and attack you whiel youre in a hit recovery lock.
even if you dodge all traps and dont let you be locked, they can tele+df you with lots of open wounds and poison damage to hurt you in the long run.

nice stuff ty for guide btw
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Nov 7 2006 07:01pm
Not bad.
Gold: 8.00
Nov 7 2006 07:54pm
Fb sorcs are my favorite chars in d2.

This is a very well written guide, but I have a few questions/things to point out

CODE
- speed : there is no casting delay on a fire sorc’s skills (other than hydra)

hehe what about, firewall, blaze, and meteor smile.gif not like you would use those in a duel anyways
happy.gif

CODE
- maxed and stacked resistances (I have massively stacked resists.)

CODE
20life -> single fire/light resist -> single cold resist -> all resists

what do you consider as "massive stacked res," and why get fire res charms, and not cold? I consider 400% All res, massively stacked, not needed? maybe not, but I only sacrifice about 8k damage for 250% more resistances.

I calculated that you have 206 res from all of your gear, excluding fire, which is 180, and poison which is 314. And you have to subtract the Hell Resistance penalty of -100%. So its, 80/106/106/214. I probably didn't add that right, but 206 res doesnt seem enough VS those pesky Fohers, and any cold sorc, which easily has -300% cold res, and fohers, which easily have over -200%.

Fire charms are not needed, because fire sorceresses don't usually have alot of -%resistance, besides maybe 1-3 fire facets, so if you really want to be on the safe side, you should only need 1 charm.

I would probably put 5x cold res, 4x light res, 1xfire res, 11%/20lifer sc's.

Although, I have no clue what you are aiming for, maybe it's something I'm not seeing, or maybe you typed in the wrong words.

Overall this has got to be the best written guide I've seen for sorcs though.

Don't get me wrong and all, continue to write guides like this, they are superb!

Nov 7 2006 08:22pm
nope

i've tested it, and stacked fire resists DOES help
i have no idea why

but it does

Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123411Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll