d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Archived Games > Heroes of Newerth > General Hon Chat
Prev1314331443145314631473161Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 90,654.00
May 25 2015 08:42pm
Quote (Niggas @ 26 May 2015 04:01)
Well if they're coming out with new patches and working on the game, you'd expect it to get better...

wtf is their logic tho i bet it goes something like this
-most players suck so let's hide their stats
-they can then play whatever role they want
-let's also hide mmr since it doesn't matter
-troll matchmaking and make high disparity games

u know what's also funny u can still check stats if you view their profile and their reasoning is to reduce flaming like really?
i played some 1700 games where we had 1500-1600 in team and if they failed they got called out even more
before the patch if a teammate failed well shit happens since he was roughly same mmr but now u can blame their mmr or shitty stats

tldr; why am i writing shit about a game no1 cares about anymore?
i sometimes still play hon but why i got no idea
the way it's going i'm probably gonna quit soon cuz it's gonna be unplayable
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 26 2015 10:02am
Quote (Pitbulul @ May 25 2015 06:42pm)

u know what's also funny u can still check stats if you view their profile and their reasoning is to reduce flaming like really?
i played some 1700 games where we had 1500-1600 in team and if they failed they got called out even more
before the patch if a teammate failed well shit happens since he was roughly same mmr but now u can blame their mmr or shitty stats

a lot of the reasons it seems like you are suffering is because what i assume the 1500 bracket

granted, sometimes it happens in 1900+tmm too, but generally its a lot less. so maybe if you get better and achieve a high enough ranking with less trolls, you would enjoy the game more.

This post was edited by Krayzy on May 26 2015 10:03am
Gold: 61,200.62
May 26 2015 10:52am
Quote (Krayzy @ May 26 2015 11:02am)
a lot of the reasons it seems like you are suffering is because what i assume the 1500 bracket

granted, sometimes it happens in 1900+tmm too, but generally its a lot less. so maybe if you get better and achieve a high enough ranking with less trolls, you would enjoy the game more.

Dunno if stupid or trolling, hopefully the latter
Gold: 40,847.70
May 26 2015 11:06am
Quote (Pitbulul @ May 26 2015 03:42am)

S2's methods for "Bettering the community" are just terrible. First they implement a bunch of things like smackdowns, gay voice announcer pack, etc. which they very well know are just going to be used for trolling / griefing. After they spend years taking people's money they finally say "oh community is so bad" and try to do something about it, but they don't even implement it well.

I'll say it again: Dota2's method for bettering community works better than any I've seen.

Want to smurf? Too bad, have to play at least 200 games of public before you can play ranked matches. Also, brand new accounts have their ELO justed at like +1000 a game if you go Godlike every game.
Want to flame? If enough people report you, you get muted and can't say shit in game any more for anywhere between 1 day and 1 year if you're a repeat offender.
Want to grief? Great, you get reported and you get low priority where queue times are 20 mins and you play with all the other flamer / griefers. Enjoy spending the next 5 hours of your life playing your 5 low priority matches.

Best of all the, report system is automated. There is no 13 year old power-hungry GM on the other side banning you. It's just an algorithm that bans you if enough people report you. You could argue that everyone can just report you and you get falsely banned, but 5+ people aren't going to report you unless you're being a massive douchebag, so if you do get LP/muted you probably deserve it.
May 26 2015 11:19am
Quote (Niggas @ May 26 2015 08:52am)
Dunno if stupid or trolling, hopefully the latter

??
May 26 2015 11:37am
Quote (EA7 @ 26 May 2015 20:06)
S2's methods for "Bettering the community" are just terrible. First they implement a bunch of things like smackdowns, gay voice announcer pack, etc. which they very well know are just going to be used for trolling / griefing. After they spend years taking people's money they finally say "oh community is so bad" and try to do something about it, but they don't even implement it well.

I'll say it again: Dota2's method for bettering community works better than any I've seen.

Want to smurf? Too bad, have to play at least 200 games of public before you can play ranked matches. Also, brand new accounts have their ELO justed at like +1000 a game if you go Godlike every game.
Want to flame? If enough people report you, you get muted and can't say shit in game any more for anywhere between 1 day and 1 year if you're a repeat offender.
Want to grief? Great, you get reported and you get low priority where queue times are 20 mins and you play with all the other flamer / griefers. Enjoy spending the next 5 hours of your life playing your 5 low priority matches.

Best of all the, report system is automated. There is no 13 year old power-hungry GM on the other side banning you. It's just an algorithm that bans you if enough people report you. You could argue that everyone can just report you and you get falsely banned, but 5+ people aren't going to report you unless you're being a massive douchebag, so if you do get LP/muted you probably deserve it.

I think there should be a middle ground somewhere since both games have pro's and con's
the community wasn't as bad as it is now but since they made it free it seems that just sealed the fate
for smurfs hon is stupid, people buy resets and some also get it from GM or SBT as perk. s2 will never remove this as it's a big chunk of their income

personally i like smackdowns and new skins but i never spent a cent on anything, i just get it with silver if i can and when it's cheap
as to flaming and griefing i don't know how the system is now in hon. I personally gave up on reporting people and wasting my time to check timer on replays or write reports
it helps not to care anymore and i haven't been banned in forever now but i never really did any bad stuff
what i do now if there are trolls or whiners i just instamute them and i don't even tell them that i ignored them

anyway in hon i think like every player has like at least 3-5 accounts and if they really wanna throw the game because of whatever reason they will and not care at all about consequences
May 26 2015 09:10pm
Quote (Pitbulul @ 25 May 2015 21:42)

huh? you can hide stats in hon now?
lol
May 26 2015 09:22pm
Quote (Ectasy @ May 26 2015 07:10pm)
lol

when game pops yes the stats are hidden, people cant see other people's mmr or the + and - gains
May 26 2015 09:22pm
Quote (Ectasy @ 27 May 2015 06:10)
lol

yeh, in mm games stats don't show anymore. u don't see other players mmr either
u gotta manually check and everybody and view their profile if u wanna see them
May 30 2015 02:59pm
Go Back To Heroes of Newerth Topic List
Prev1314331443145314631473161Next