d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Archived Games > Heroes of Newerth > General Hon Chat
Prev1312831293130313131323161Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40,847.70
Dec 1 2014 08:45pm
Anyone else feel like they're losing their passion for games?

I played the shit out of Far Cry 3 last year, now I try Far Cry 4 and bored as hell within 1 hour.
I refuse to buy Dragon Age Inquisition because fuck EA and it's like $70 and will probably end up costing around $150 with all the DLCs. Plus I never followed the story line like I did Mass Effect so would probably get boring too.
Dota2 becoming way too much like HoN with a million new avatars being put into the shop and if you don't buy the avatar you miss out on events and shit. It's even hard to get excited for competitive Dota now since every tournament is pretty much the same.
Played Diablo II reset for like 10 minutes. It's all bots and people just buy duped runes and use 20 different CD Keys to run bots on every realm 24/7. Soon there'll be hybrid runewords on ladder and dueling isn't even fair or fun anymore.
Went back and played some WC3 TDs. Also got boring after a while.

I miss just nerding around all day and playing some game for 14 hours, going to sleep, then repeating the next day. Something was really enthralling about WoW, D2, CoH, etc. when I played those games. Could play for hours and never be bored, would go to sleep and dream about the game, etc. Now it seems so bleak and I just get so frustrated I rage exit most games after 30 minutes. Zzzzzz
Gold: 90,654.00
Dec 1 2014 10:04pm
Quote (EA7 @ 2 Dec 2014 05:45)

I played the shit out of Far Cry 3 last year, now I try Far Cry 4 and bored as hell within 1 hour.
I refuse to buy Dragon Age Inquisition because fuck EA and it's like $70 and will probably end up costing around $150 with all the DLCs. Plus I never followed the story line like I did Mass Effect so would probably get boring too.
Dota2 becoming way too much like HoN with a million new avatars being put into the shop and if you don't buy the avatar you miss out on events and shit. It's even hard to get excited for competitive Dota now since every tournament is pretty much the same.
Played Diablo II reset for like 10 minutes. It's all bots and people just buy duped runes and use 20 different CD Keys to run bots on every realm 24/7. Soon there'll be hybrid runewords on ladder and dueling isn't even fair or fun anymore.

I miss just nerding around all day and playing some game for 14 hours, going to sleep, then repeating the next day. Something was really enthralling about WoW, D2, CoH, etc. when I played those games. Could play for hours and never be bored, would go to sleep and dream about the game, etc. Now it seems so bleak and I just get so frustrated I rage exit most games after 30 minutes. Zzzzzz

i actually lost my passion a while back, last game that i truly enjoyed on pc was divinity 2 flames of vengeance and i played it again once it was released on GOG
i prefer playing old games now and then but there are some new ones that i like although i am very picky- didnt really like shadow of mordor or watch dogs, fac cry 3 and etc... just got no patience
although i am looking forward to playing gta when it comes to pc. i too wish for a game that i can play for hours and i will play mafia2 again just loved that, but my list these days is very short

last days i played a bit of d2 and yes it is ruined by bots and dupers but i don't get why people are encouraging them. i for one only traded for some very basic gear for my sorc since i play only solo
i leveled myself to about 85 while doing the act3 trio- pindle+eldrich+shenk and its fun mfing. i also did some ancient tunnels in act2 thats my favorite place to play
mostly tho i been nerding in hon few games a day and that can take up quite some time

in the end tho if u r a working man and involved in a relationship u really don't have any time for urself
like if u work from 9-6 u get home by around 7 maybe work out (if u like doing that, I do almost every day) take a shower have dinner and then u get like 1-2 hours free time to maybe watch a movie or play a game
then u repeat til weekend but those seem to go by so fast. so yes in the end the average life sux for most people!
Gold: 40,847.70
Dec 2 2014 02:36am
Quote (Pitbulul @ Dec 2 2014 05:04am)
i actually lost my passion a while back, last game that i truly enjoyed on pc was divinity 2 flames of vengeance and i played it again once it was released on GOG
i prefer playing old games now and then but there are some new ones that i like although i am very picky- didnt really like shadow of mordor or watch dogs, fac cry 3 and etc... just got no patience
although i am looking forward to playing gta when it comes to pc. i too wish for a game that i can play for hours and i will play mafia2 again just loved that, but my list these days is very short

last days i played a bit of d2 and yes it is ruined by bots and dupers but i don't get why people are encouraging them. i for one only traded for some very basic gear for my sorc since i play only solo
i leveled myself to about 85 while doing the act3 trio- pindle+eldrich+shenk and its fun mfing. i also did some ancient tunnels in act2 thats my favorite place to play
mostly tho i been nerding in hon few games a day and that can take up quite some time

in the end tho if u r a working man and involved in a relationship u really don't have any time for urself
like if u work from 9-6 u get home by around 7 maybe work out (if u like doing that, I do almost every day) take a shower have dinner and then u get like 1-2 hours free time to maybe watch a movie or play a game
then u repeat til weekend but those seem to go by so fast. so yes in the end the average life sux for most people!

I know what you mean man. I tried Shadow of Mordor too. Honestly, the combat system was great, the missions were pretty cool, and the game was very well made IMO. Regardless, I couldn't get myself to finish it and stopped about half way. It started to feel pretty repetitive and I'd rather just watch the ending on YouTube than actually play all the way through to it.

I remember I used to really love MFing a similar route in D2. Trav, meph, pindle, eldrich, shenk, and maybe chaos. Back in 1.10 I could MF for hours and it was pretty exciting. It seemed like the market was way less inflated and stuff like Shako, Hoz, Enigma were actually quite rare and worth a lot. Fully geared characters with 45 life skillers, best runewords, etc. were really rare and only the elite had them. Then again maybe I was just a noob then that didn't know about jsp or didn't hang out with rich people, but it was more fun that way. Now it just seems pointless to MF manually because there are people running 100 bots 24/7 and even if I find a decent unique / rune it's worth nothing really.

It just seems now like almost everything else I do provides more benefit both long and short-term than video games. For example, I go gym 3 times a week and in those 3 hours I gain muscle, health, confidence, etc. whereas if I play a game for 3 hours I get nothing since it's not even that fun for me anymore. Also things like music, relationships, work, etc. all seem to provide more benefit than playing a game. By doing new things, interacting with people, or doing something creative you at least grow as person. I still enjoy spending a few hours a week here and there watching gaming streams or playing some TD or something, but I just can't do it all day every day anymore.
Gold: 90,654.00
Dec 2 2014 02:54am
Quote (EA7 @ 2 Dec 2014 11:36)
I know what you mean man. I tried Shadow of Mordor too. Honestly, the combat system was great, the missions were pretty cool, and the game was very well made IMO. Regardless, I couldn't get myself to finish it and stopped about half way. It started to feel pretty repetitive and I'd rather just watch the ending on YouTube than actually play all the way through to it.

I remember I used to really love MFing a similar route in D2. Trav, meph, pindle, eldrich, shenk, and maybe chaos. Back in 1.10 I could MF for hours and it was pretty exciting. It seemed like the market was way less inflated and stuff like Shako, Hoz, Enigma were actually quite rare and worth a lot. Fully geared characters with 45 life skillers, best runewords, etc. were really rare and only the elite had them. Then again maybe I was just a noob then that didn't know about jsp or didn't hang out with rich people, but it was more fun that way. Now it just seems pointless to MF manually because there are people running 100 bots 24/7 and even if I find a decent unique / rune it's worth nothing really.

It just seems now like almost everything else I do provides more benefit both long and short-term than video games. For example, I go gym 3 times a week and in those 3 hours I gain muscle, health, confidence, etc. whereas if I play a game for 3 hours I get nothing since it's not even that fun for me anymore. Also things like music, relationships, work, etc. all seem to provide more benefit than playing a game. By doing new things, interacting with people, or doing something creative you at least grow as person. I still enjoy spending a few hours a week here and there watching gaming streams or playing some TD or something, but I just can't do it all day every day anymore.

i get what u mean too, theres games that look nice and i'm kinda curious about story/gameplay but i got no patience to play, or i don't like interface etc... so i end up watching rushing clips on youtube just to see

frankly i dont really care for fg cuz there's nothing to use it on except if u r a d2 player and i don't really play it except like 1-2 weeks each ladder and even then just some basic cheap gear like wizy, mage, que hegan, rockstopper and so on and a geared merc cuz i like fireball spec
it's still fun to rush the ladder and walkthrough the game until completing hell in first days and then mf a bit and get some levels but other than that no point in investing any more time

i dont really consider work beneficial in any way and i hate it, just need the cash is all and i better not say anything about relationships cuz i kinda got screwed over once and ill get misogynistic ;(
i just like the freedom, working out and music gives me peace of mind and i like getting together with my friends although we don't do it nearly often enough cuz every1 is busy with RL as they say
Gold: 164,697.50
Dec 3 2014 07:12pm
Quote (EA7 @ 2 Dec 2014 03:45)

i play some d2 pvp with a friend, it's pretty amusing for like 10-30

but yeah cant do the 14hour session nonstop anymore either, all though if dota had the game engine and mechanics of hon i could probably play that for at least 8h in a row, atm the moment you just feel like a you're in a wheelchair when you play that game compared to hon

zzz
Gold: 1.01
Warn: 100%
Dec 6 2014 04:04am
Quote (UndeadGad @ Dec 4 2014 01:12am)
i play some d2 pvp with a friend, it's pretty amusing for like 10-30

but yeah cant do the 14hour session nonstop anymore either, all though if dota had the game engine and mechanics of hon i could probably play that for at least 8h in a row, atm the moment you just feel like a you're in a wheelchair when you play that game compared to hon

zzz

agreeed
Gold: 28,233.00
Dec 26 2014 01:25am
I'm at that point too, sadly. Averaged 8 plus hours a day gaming before for what seemed like a couple years, now most days i can't even pick up a game. It's pretty depressing. And it's not the lack of free time. It's the lack of my heart being in the games anymore.
Gold: 624.88
Dec 26 2014 10:31pm
Waiting on Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty!

Gonna be sweet.

Gold: Locked
Dec 27 2014 12:02pm
Quote (EA7 @ 1 Dec 2014 21:45)

that feel when you were a giant noob on d2 and you saw your first gold "Shako" drop on the ground
never gonna feel that again
Gold: Locked
Dec 27 2014 12:05pm
remember how annoying trading was before jsp? sitting in a game titled "my um 4 ur shako" for ages

also lol drop trade scams
Go Back To Heroes of Newerth Topic List
Prev1312831293130313131323161Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll