d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Allen Iverson Still Not With A Team? =[
Prev110111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,628.04
Sep 7 2010 10:42pm
he has til like october 3rd
Gold: 0.00
Sep 8 2010 12:56am
Quote (dng-andre @ Sep 6 2010 10:03am)
AI a hall of famer... hm, this is questionable.

MVP
11 time all-star
4 time scoring champion

HoF no doubt about it.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 8 2010 02:57pm
Quote (LegendaryIcicle @ Sep 7 2010 11:06pm)
Kenyan Martin*

wat
Gold: 9.10
Sep 8 2010 11:24pm
Quote (dng-andre @ Sep 7 2010 10:03am)
In case you haven't noticed, Chauncey Billups made Denver contenders,something that AI couldn't do.
It was an instant change of looks in Denver's game and it got tons better.

Chauncey billups has absolutely nothing to do with ai deserving to be in the hall of fame. but just for the record.
nene had a long stretch where he wasnt healthy, and he developed alot when he returned, and i remember nene being a very big help to denver in the playoffs when billups played. as well as kmart. dantay jones played great defense. they had a solid bench with jr smiths improvement.. and not to mention carmelo anthony was atop his game and alot happier being the total #1 option as apposed to sometimes being shadowed by iverson who isnt the same team player that billups is. didnt iverson lead the nuggets in scoring the whole 07 08 season? dont you think melo was pissed off? i think so. but aside from all that shit.
in 2006-2007 the nuggets won 45 games (the year of melos 15 game suspension, and a.i was traded in December i believe, not bad to finish 6th after all that drama). lost to the spurs in the playoffs 4-1, no doubt spurs were champs that year so. the 2007-2008 season they won 50 games and finished LAST, thats how strong the west was, highest win total for a 8th seed ever. lost to the lakers, swept. lakers just too good.
08-09 billups comes in, denvers healthy, and they win 54 games. (contender btw +4 wins improvement) they beat new orleans and dallas, and again lost to the lakers. next year they win 53 games and finish fourth. got fucked up by the jazz. literally dominated. idk if thats what u call a contender because again the lakers beat the utah jazz ass just like they would have denvers. billups didnt make denver a contender he made them a better team instead of just a 2 man game.
and theyre roster undoubtedly improved from when iverson was there. not hating on billups, denver just didnt have enough to be contenders, with a.i or billups.. but its not like billups is > iverson. add in all the factors and i think if ai stayed im sure denver would have won those 4 extra games that next season that made them "contenders" so to speak.
Gold: 85.00
Sep 8 2010 11:55pm
Quote (G_Eagle @ Sep 9 2010 01:24am)
Chauncey billups has absolutely nothing to do with ai deserving to be in the hall of fame. but just for the record.
nene had a long stretch where he wasnt healthy, and he developed alot when he returned, and i remember nene being a very big help to denver in the playoffs when billups played. as well as kmart. dantay jones played great defense. they had a solid bench with jr smiths improvement.. and not to mention carmelo anthony was atop his game and alot happier being the total #1 option as apposed to sometimes being shadowed by iverson who isnt the same team player that billups is. didnt iverson lead the nuggets in scoring the whole 07 08 season? dont you think melo was pissed off? i think so. but aside from all that shit.
in 2006-2007 the nuggets won 45 games (the year of melos 15 game suspension, and a.i was traded in December i believe, not bad to finish 6th after all that drama). lost to the spurs in the playoffs 4-1, no doubt spurs were champs that year so. the 2007-2008 season they won 50 games and finished LAST, thats how strong the west was, highest win total for a 8th seed ever. lost to the lakers, swept. lakers just too good.
08-09 billups comes in, denvers healthy, and they win 54 games. (contender btw +4 wins improvement) they beat new orleans and dallas, and again lost to the lakers. next year they win 53 games and finish fourth. got fucked up by the jazz. literally dominated. idk if thats what u call a contender because again the lakers beat the utah jazz ass just like they would have denvers. billups didnt make denver a contender he made them a better team instead of just a 2 man game.
and theyre roster undoubtedly improved from when iverson was there. not hating on billups, denver just didnt have enough to be contenders, with a.i or billups.. but its not like billups is > iverson. add in all the factors and i think if ai stayed im sure denver would have won those 4 extra games that next season that made them "contenders" so to speak.

Let's be fair here... with the attitudes on the Nuggets not having your head coach who knows how to deal with all the personalities really hit us hard. That being said I agree it wasn't AI keeping the Nuggets from becoming contenders but really Anthony Carter attempts at playing the point. Everything you said about Chauncey is true, he's a good leader on the court and makes smart decisions when teams go on runs.

AI still had some productive years in Denver and kept the team afloat even with all the injuries suffered during his years there.
Gold: 9.10
Sep 9 2010 12:21am
Quote (tripee @ Sep 9 2010 12:55am)
Let's be fair here... with the attitudes on the Nuggets not having your head coach who knows how to deal with all the personalities really hit us hard. That being said I agree it wasn't AI keeping the Nuggets from becoming contenders but really Anthony Carter attempts at playing the point. Everything you said about Chauncey is true, he's a good leader on the court and makes smart decisions when teams go on runs.

AI still had some productive years in Denver and kept the team afloat even with all the injuries suffered during his years there.

Denver did miss karl in the playoffs no doubt, but thats not why they lost. they got pounded by utah inside and deron williams destroyed them. billups couldnt guard him. they were outmatched. with or without karl they would not have beaten utah playing that good. hard to be a contender without a big man.
i loved denvers offense, with ai and with billups even more. anthony carter should not have touched the ball this season. especially with ty lawson playing this fkn good.. thats the coaching staffs fault.
billups fit well in denver and helped control the team, really made the chemistry great. but what is a fact is he didnt turn them into a contender. he helped bring a team style play. (whenever jr smith wasnt on court of course, lol) denver has been missing a piece for the last 4 years, a carlos boozer for example would have put them over the top and into contention, whether it was ai or billups playing. all i was trying to prove is that denver didnt up and become contenders because of billups. no they just got better over time and billups helped make them more team oriented.
Gold: 127.87
Sep 9 2010 12:56am
He did have his time, and I think he should without a doubt go down in HoF as one of the greats. I also wish the Pistons would have never EVER had anything to do with him or Darko, in that period of time.
Sep 18 2010 02:59am
heard he's considering china? ;[
Gold: 2,250.00
Sep 18 2010 03:02am
Quote (Act1 @ Sep 18 2010 12:59am)
heard he's considering china? ;[

no he's going to india
Dec 15 2010 07:38pm
Anyone know where to check his box scores per each game?
or do they not do that?
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev110111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll