d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > ~~~revamp~~~ Ladder Slasher Guide Collection > Need Community Help!
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 33,836.87
Aug 20 2010 04:37pm
I have heard from a few people saying they are interested in some guides. If you are one of them or decide to do one, please post the topic here. By doing so I am expecting you'll have one completed within a week :) When complete, please also post a link here. Thank you everyone for your assistance!

So Far We Have:
[*]How to be Successful on a Budget by Stok3d *To Be Created
[*]What to Keep and What to Shrine by Stok3d *To Be Created
[*]Rags To Riches - How to make FG in LS by Stok3d *To Be Created
[*]Does It Help to Be in a Slasher Guild? Who takes in New LSrs? by Tyl3r *To Be Created (Link to guilds supporting new comers AND WILLING to take them by the hand, vent infos, reasons why guilds & making friends so important, community statements...)
[*]Still got Questions? I Can Direct You by Tyl3r *To Be Created (Link Char Creation Thread, LS Mentoring Program, etc)[/LIST]
[*]HC Melee/Casting Handbook by Deafboy *To Be Created

Need:
[*]Catas & Arena Mysteries Revealed by ????? *To Be Created (arena etiquite, maze expectations, common roles, do's/don'ts, profs, etc) I can do this if no volunteers. This is a VERY important guide
[*]What Gear Types Should I Buy? by ????? *To Be Created (Advantages / Disadvantages of all gear types. Especially include stuff like swords can take you to pally etc)

AND

Updated Threads from here: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=18560908&f=272
What Threads do you think need to be added? Create them, everyone will give opinions & may make perm guide!

This post was edited by Stok3d on Aug 20 2010 04:51pm
Gold: 14.34
Aug 20 2010 04:40pm
oo sounds interesting let me know when these guides are complete please
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,912.64
Trader: Trusted
Aug 20 2010 04:41pm
Does It Help to Be in a Slasher Guild? Who takes in New LSrs? by ??? *To Be Created (Link to guilds supporting new comers AND WILLING to take them by the hand, vent infos, reasons why guilds & making friends so important, community statements...)
Still got Questions? I Can Direct You by ????? *To Be Created (Link Char Creation Thread, LS Mentoring Program, etc)

I will be working on these.
Gold: 119,903.34
Aug 20 2010 04:49pm
Quote (Stok3d @ Aug 20 2010 06:37pm)
I have heard from a few people saying they are interested in some guides. If you are one of them or decide to do one, please post the topic here. By doing so I am expecting you'll have one completed within a week :) When complete, please also post a link here. Thank you everyone for your assistance!

Put me down for:

[*]How to be Successful on a Budget by Stok3d *To Be Created
[*]What to Keep and What to Shrine by Stok3d *To Be Created
[*]Rags To Riches - How to make FG in LS by Stok3d *To Be Created

I Might do the HC Melee/Casting Handbook Guide. If I do though, it will be a while, I will provide character s/s and such.
Gold: 33,836.87
Aug 20 2010 05:48pm
I'll bump this at a later time. Seems Paul has been a busy beaver and we have a big update coming. Lets revisit these guides after the update. No need to do this twice ;)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=47152341&f=272&o=25
Gold: 8,888.88
Aug 20 2010 05:50pm
Maybe you can fill in the gaps... you never know... and note that this is not a guide... just input... goodluck in your guide updates.

Armor Types:
Based on whether you are Melee (Tank/Damager) / Caster or Healer &/or Hybrid

Melee:
There are two (2) common melee types:
1. Tanker: this person uses the best Enhanced Effect armors availabe, which at this stage is Scale. (Ignore Tanking from classes that can not use anything above Scale) also note that Melee damage is also required, adjust your stats/items to improve damage with ee

* Guardian
This character uses Chains / Plate mail... the following is based on the fact that a successful Guardian tanks and heals, damage is secondary for some groups, as for others, they want the world and request that you do all three things: melee/heal/tank.
1. Enhanced Effect
2. Heal Mastery
3. Mana Syphon (this is a good attribute when tanking and keeping your mana healing)
... Stats are next like Intelligence / Dexterity and Strength

Weapons:
Based on whether you are Melee/Caster or Healer &/or Hybrid

Melee = Enhanced Effect (in combination with Life per attack / kill, Armor Pierce, Critical Strike / Flux and Dexterity or Intelligence.. note Int refers more for hybrid)
Caster = Intelligence (and possibly some +XXX mana in combination with Armor Pierce and Critical Strike)
Healer = Heal Mastery (in combination with Intelligence, Mana per attack / kill, Armor Pierc, Critical Strike / Flux and Enhanced Effect / Dexterity for Hybrid)

Main Charm:
Based on whether you are Melee/Caster or Healer &/or Hybrid

Melee = Strength &/or Dexterity...
... Note: Set yourself a minimum Mark for Dexterity (like 90 or 100) and then look at your characters starting Stats, your MQ gear Stats from all other items
... Add your first 10 points to the most effective for your build... e.g. add to strength if your gear reaches your minimum... then balance it out later on.

Caster = There are 2 ways to add here:
... 1. Your attack charm with highest Enhanced Effect... this is normally when solo'ing or welling
... 2. 40+ Intelligence charm with mods like Armor Pierce and Critical Strike... main preference is that this charm be a healing charm also... this is normally when conserving mana in catacombs when being a caster.

Healer = Again there are 2 ways to add here:
... 1. Healing charm with the highest Enhanced Effect here (some people frown on this)
... 2. 40%+ Heal mastery charm here, and Enhanced Effect healing charm in Acc... this is effective for conserving mana while cata'ing

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Aug 20 2010 05:50pm
Gold: 52,443.89
Aug 21 2010 03:21am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 20 2010 07:50pm)
1. Tanker: this person uses the best Enhanced Effect armors availabe, which at this stage is Scale. (Ignore Tanking from classes that can not use anything above Scale)

Tank armors can work on robes too ya know. For instance this robe cost me 1/7th the amount of FG as this scale, yet works pretty damn well. And this is tested in arena, in cata it would work even better probably. Be careful on giving out guidelines for stuff you havent personally tested, even if they are just an example.

Rare spiderthread padded robe
Level Req: 55
Physical Defense: 0 to 150
Magical Defense: 87 to 218

+197% Enhanced Effect
+5% Quick Draw

Rare dragon skull scale armor
Level Req: 55
Physical Defense: 75 to 301
Magical Defense: 43 to 130

+197% Enhanced Effect
+2% Physical Damage Reduction

This post was edited by KakeWalk on Aug 21 2010 03:41am
Gold: 8,619.17
Aug 21 2010 09:06am
Whats the Point?
Newcomers dont bother reading the Main LS portal which contains Basic Game Play as it is.
Gold: 5,068.00
Aug 21 2010 10:33am
Quote (Aereon @ Aug 21 2010 11:06am)
Whats the Point?
Newcomers dont bother reading the Main LS portal which contains Basic Game Play as it is.

This...
as i said before make a video, people are more willing to click the play button and watch then click multiple links to read.
Gold: 52,443.89
Aug 21 2010 03:10pm
Quote (Aereon @ Aug 21 2010 11:06am)
Whats the Point?

Even if they dont choose to go there on their own, we can at least link them to a cleaner area of information.

One thing to consider before everyone puts in their efforts making these - Maybe it would be better to wait until the next update, if it really is going to be the biggest update in LS history

This post was edited by KakeWalk on Aug 21 2010 03:18pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll