d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > ~~~revamp~~~ Ladder Slasher Guide Collection > Need Community Help!
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,966.59
Aug 20 2010 12:48am
I'm not sure if you've contacted Malte about this, but I believe some ppl are/have been working on these already.

I suggest you shoot him a pm ;)
Gold: 1,201.66
Aug 20 2010 01:08am
Nick, you really have what this forum needs right now. Enthusiasm, perseverance, and free time :thumbsup: that topic has been outdated since when I started slashing and I have thought about how something needs to be done many times, but never actually done anything about it. I remember reading through guides and being like "oh this looks like a good one" then I asked someone about some specific something and they said, "yeah, basically all those guides are outdated. Here's how you do it:" which is basically how it goes now. Before, the game was changing so fast that it was hard to write an effective guide which stayed relevant, but now it has been months and months before we have seen an update so it is probably a very safe (or very unsafe :lol: ) time to do some revamping.

I have been in the longterm process of writing a comprehensive LS guide encompassing all the basic types of characters (melee/caster/healer) then breaking it down farther to each feeder class, as well as touching on certain other aspects such as skilling and welling and why you shouldn't do them unless you can afford to waste time and fg on it :P (not really... but kinda). I know that derDrops has been working on something similar as well, and for a lot longer, so his is probably a bit more complete. I haven't had time to write all of mine out but most of it is in my head and I just need to sit down and do it.

In addition, if it comes down to it I would be more than happy to write a guide or two if necessary. I could probably whip up a decent magician guide if need be which details all the popular ways of playing, as well as the do's and don'ts of catacombs :)

Anyways, I am in full support of this change and would be happy to do anything I can to assist this effort ^_^

This post was edited by NevV on Aug 20 2010 01:30am
Gold: 0.38
Aug 20 2010 01:29am
I love this idea, and I really agree with Nev^, you definitely are what this game needs right now.

I would like to suggest one thing though, and it's only a suggestion; an opinion, so please no one feel as if I forcing anything on anyone...

I love the idea of a condensed guide, one that's less to the game itself and more to simply what one would need to know to jump into the game now and be playing in the right direction, as the rest can be picked up slowly as the person plays and explores the game. But I personally prefer the idea of first having the condensed, "only-what-you-should-know-before-playing-this-game" guide, but I think you should make or leave the more complete game guide as a follow up, for those (like myself) who enjoy learning every aspect (even the useless ones) of a new game.

Also, if you have the time, I think the complete game guides also need a revamping, as it's even hard to find any that don't still say dex increases attack speed. :/

Most of all, I want to say THANK YOU for everything you're doing. B) :wub: :LOVE:
Gold: 5,068.00
Aug 20 2010 01:30am
Recently thought about coming back into LS. Not sure why I quit previously. And I do some of the guides are tl:dr type guides. I know LS has a lot of depth once you start playing. But for some people the idea of playing long enough to enjoy ls is the huge problem in retaining users.
For example, when I first tried LS I was told so many things at once, I barely retained it all. I had to play for a good week pass a few mq's, i do believe guides are not the key.
Rather The community itself.

I found actual in game users tend to be more helpful then the guides, they are more str8 to the point,
easy to use tips.

Tl:dr

Shorter guides, more willing members who help. A more welcoming and learning environent.
The more players, the easier it is to level. D2 players are lazy, they want it easy. Sadly LS is not an easy game, it takes a lot of knowledge.

/e on itouch pardon if I repeat or it doesn't make sense lol

This post was edited by MrV on Aug 20 2010 01:31am
Gold: 119,903.34
Aug 20 2010 01:40am
I thought about making The Official HC Melee/Casting Handbook but then I remembered that people would still suck even after I made it.
Gold: 11,270.01
Warn: 20%
Aug 20 2010 02:31am
Quote (DeafBoy @ 20 Aug 2010 08:40)
I thought about making The Official HC Melee/Casting Handbook but then I remembered that people would still suck even after I made it.

Why don't you just quit this game, and start playing poker for 30fg a game? I heard you are quite good at it.

As far as the guide collection, it has always been too messy in my opinion about time someone cleaned it up.

This post was edited by benell on Aug 20 2010 02:31am
Gold: 117,048.63
Trader: Trusted
Aug 20 2010 02:39am
Very darn much impressive Nick, take the best out of Nara and Rick's guide and make it even better.

Nice idea!
Gold: 119,903.34
Aug 20 2010 02:54am
Quote (benell @ Aug 20 2010 04:31am)
Why don't you just quit this game, and start playing poker for 30fg a game? I heard you are quite good at it.

As far as the guide collection, it has always been too messy in my opinion about time someone cleaned it up.

The best of the best Roy.
Gold: 105.12
Aug 20 2010 02:54am
Quote (DeafBoy @ Aug 20 2010 01:54am)
The best of the best Roy.

let's do a don? :P

This post was edited by sigma89 on Aug 20 2010 02:56am
Gold: 52,443.89
Aug 20 2010 03:08am
I completely agree with the guide revamp. Best of luck to anyone participating in this goal
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll