d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Tampa Bay Buccaneers Fan Thread
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,900.49
Oct 24 2010 10:49am
Quote (Kr1m @ Oct 24 2010 04:45pm)
inb4bucfanrage

Ain't even mad.
Oct 24 2010 11:42am
Gotta keep this up.

That last drive of ours was really bad though.
Gold: 99.00
Oct 24 2010 02:16pm
Quote (Kamahl16 @ 24 Oct 2010 13:42)
Gotta keep this up.

That last drive of ours was really bad though.

- LaGarret Blount must start over Caddy
- Josh Freeman is so fucking good with 4 quarter come backs
- Mike Williams is a fucking god
- Defense needs to learn to stop the fucking run
Oct 24 2010 02:22pm
Gonna go ahead and bump this here.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 15 2010 05:12pm
Reporting in
Gold: 77,153.84
Nov 15 2010 07:17pm
bumping real thread
Nov 17 2010 07:50am
Blount Nominated for Rookie Of The Week

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=6385:&Itemid=15

Running back LeGarrette Blount has been nominated for the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week after he rushed for 91 yards and one touchdown against the Carolina Panthers. This is the second time he has been nominated this season. If you want to make sure he wins, you can vote for Blount at NFL.com/rookies. Voting will end Friday at noon.
Here is a look at the other finalists:

Ron Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots - Gronkowski caught five passes for 72 yards and three touchdowns in the visiting Patriots' 39-26 win over the Steelers.

Jermaine Gresham, TE, Cincinnati Bengals - Gresham had nine catches for 85 yards and one touchdown in the Bengals' 23-17 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Bryan McCann, CB, Dallas Cowboys - McCann had five tackles and one interception returned 101 yards for a touchdown in the Cowboys' 33-20 win over the New York Giants.

Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos - Tebow accounted for two touchdowns, one rushing and one passing, in the Broncos' 49-29 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.

it'd be a shame if he didn't win it.
Nov 27 2010 12:38pm
Ravens had Mike Williams on their draft board, but Bucs jumped in first

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1275651.0.html

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens’ scouting department had a fairly high opinion of wide receiver Mike Williams heading into the NFL draft.

And they spent a lot of time evaluating him, bringing him in for an official visit to their training complex and having receivers coach Jim Hostler run his Pro Day workout in his hometown of Buffalo.

Williams lasted until the fourth round due to off-field concerns that arose at Syracuse, including curfew and academic violations. He was arrested for su**CENSORED**ion of driving under the influence last week, but leads the Ravens with 43 receptions for 681 yards and six touchdowns.

He has scored a touchdown in three of the past four games and has scored in every road game this season.

“Mike Williams was a guy that we also brought in here and interviewed him,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “So he was here on campus. We really liked him as a talent. He had some issues in college, I think he did a good job of kind of explaining those things.

“Guys grow up. He’s played so well for them. He’s a threat every time he touches the ball. We knew he was that kind of talent. We had him on our draft board still. They kind of jumped in there and got him. He’s made a big difference for them.”

Follow me on Twitter: RavensInsider
Source:    NFP

Nov 27 2010 12:40pm
10 questions for Raheem Morris

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/sports/sports_blogs_local/Getting-to-know-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-head-coach-Raheem-Morris-with-this-week%27s-10-questions

TAMPA - Are you ready for for this week's 10 Questions? It's a fun on line article we publish every week featuring one of your top newsmakers or community members. This is a way you can get to know them better.

This week, it's Buccaneer head coach Raheem Morris who is answering questions.

You may, like me, be inspired by some of the coach's answers.

10 Questions for Tampa Bay Buccaneers Head Coach Raheem Morris

1.) What is your all time favorite movie or song?

One of my all-time favorite movies, I got a couple, but I'll give you Gladiator. Gladiator is one of those movies I'd always go back home and watch before games and be inspired just by the speeches and the motivational parts of the movie. Just how it was, for his family, it was different things in the movie that inspire you and really pertain to football. So that has always been one of my favorite movies.

2.) Do you have a Smartphone? If so, what's your favorite app?

No. What's the 'Smartphone?' Like this BlackBerry? Then yeah. BBM. BlackBerry Instant Messenger. It's kind of my favorite deal right now. Just using that. It's easy, it's great communication, you can see when somebody responds to your messages, you can see when they get your message. There's no guessing game. Just a nice form of communication without having to talk to everybody on the phone, and waste a bunch of time doing it.

3.) Who do you count as your mentor(s)?

You've got to give Mike Tomlin a lot of credit for what he was able to do for me when I was around him. You've got to give Monte Kiffin a lot of credit. You've also got to give a lot of credit to Joe Gardi, my college coach, and Donnie Somma, my high school coach. Besides of my parents, those guys were some of the biggest mentors in my life.

4.) What was your very first job?

I was a caddy at Baltusrol Golf Course. It was my junior year, going to work during the summers with Don Somma. He took us all down there, and we were caddies at Baltusrol Golf Course. That was one of my first jobs.

5.) If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

That's a really hard question. That's a hard question, not because you don't like anything about yourself, it's because you're so grateful about what you do have - about everything you've been given, about everything people been able to help you with. But, if I could change anything about myself, I guess it would be being a better family person. Being caught up in football your whole life, you kind of lose grasp of Thanksgiving and Christmas and some of those things - not being around it as much, and it loses some value in your own personal life, just based on what you do for your living. All that stuff ends up just being grey matter during the season, including my birthday, because it's in September, so I usually miss out on all those things."

6.) What do you consider your greatest success?

My greatest success has to be in 2002, when we won the Super Bowl here, as far as what we've been able to do, up until we had our child, my daughter, having Amaya Jayden Morris."

7.) Tell us something about you most people don't know?

I don't know what people don't know about me - I stand in front of the camera so much now. But I am a terrible golfer, although I think most people know that. If you've ever played behind me, or in front of me, you got a pretty good feel [for that]."

8.) If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would they be?

I would love to have dinner with the leader of our nation, President Obama. Martin Luther King, to find out about his struggles and what he went through as a young man and kind of going through some of the similar things we all go through now, when you're a young man. I know it's not on the same level, or the same extent, but you know being a vocal leader for your team, or being a vocal leader for your whole team, it's just interesting to me how you lead. I just want to speak to all the leaders that I can, and as many as people that have leadership roles, the Gandhis, the Malcolm Xs, and it really doesn't' matter what type of leadership role they were in, it would just be interesting for me to go back and figure out their thought processes and go through their mentalities.

9.) What is in your fridge right now?

Water, for sure. Peppers and hummus, which I'm kind of addicted to right now. Which is really good, but that would certainly be some of the things in my refrigerator right now.

10. If you could have a different career, other then what you're doing now, what would it be?

Probably a teacher. I feel like as a coach, you are a teacher anyway, but being able to show the youth, and develop those guys and be an educator. To help them out, to help them to go on to be the best they can be. That's something I would do
Nov 27 2010 12:44pm
MLF, Malcolm X and Obama haha.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll