d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Tired Of Stock Mf Builds? > Try My Dreaming Tele Zealot
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30.00
Jul 28 2010 03:05pm
Quote (MajinKaisa @ Jul 28 2010 04:08pm)
20x 7mf sc + enigma + gheeds = easily ove 250 mf... at that point any character can be an mf character... 8 open spots in inventory is a slow way to mf.
CTA is useless for PvM
6k physical damage with grief, not taking into account any monster resistances in damage calcs, no comparison between using native conviction on a dreamer to prove your native fanatacism is better, 15 CB, all perfect stat gear selection suggestions to barely meet decent stats = terrible guide
does the character work in SP games, sure.. but the cost vs performance analysis says that your build is weak, especially for a paladin.

cost is obviously understated in your guide but you claim it's a selling point. do a comparison with perfect low stat gear and show us where that puts you.. or better yet, welfare gear! how would someone make your character if they cant afford enigma and dream and grief? would it still be viable?

or you could learn some basics about paladins and zealots by reading ancalagons fanazealot guide

I agree, the source of 180 of my MF is from charms, and any character can be an MF character with this setup, or frankly less. I'm not sure how that makes it bad.

8 open slots can certainly be slow, so if you need more eliminate half of the 7mfs, you will still have enough MF.

I prefer to use CTA for the Life and Mana boost, especially since I'm tele, but if you'd prefer something else on switch, maybe LW to prebuff Fade then by all measn go ahead.

Rest assured he does plenty of damage for quick killing, and while I didn't consider any physical monster res, you didn't consider the -100 physical res reduction provided by Amp.

Quote (NicholaiN @ Jul 28 2010 04:35pm)
In his defense, he did a fair bit of analysis in his last thread about Fanat vs. Conviction: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=45827699&f=87
Especially on the second page.

Thanks for this, I did consider running my own conviction aura and found the difference between the 2 negligible. I was also using decrepify from Reapers in this analysis which only provides -50 phys res reduction, not the -100% provided by amp.

As far as cost goes, I cannot necessarily disagree with you, I did not intend for it to sound as if its an inexpensive character. My point was just that I'm quite poor and that the character is fully functional with less than perfect gear. If you're arguing that there is very little flexibility in the gear that you wear then I can't disagree with that, but most H'dins are wearing nigmas, high stat spirit STs, high Hotos, etc. The same is true for Light Sorcs, Coh, Griffins, Infinity.

Now I understand there's no way around comparing this character to the 2 most common MF characters because that's what its trying to compete against. All I'm suggesting is this is a very different type of character that viably does all the same things, but that I enjoy playing more and thought others might as well.

If you don't believe that it's viable from the guide then try it for yourself.

This is getting intense, I imagine this is what it might feel like defending a dissertation!

This post was edited by Fierless on Jul 28 2010 03:24pm
Gold: 0.01
Jul 28 2010 04:13pm
Dont sweet it any at all Fierless. I have found on here that if you have other ideas how to play the game and even proven to yourself its highly successful it doesnt matter, a few people in here will always try to ridicule you and say your build sucks. Im sure your build works, you kill monsters, mf decent and most importantly HAVE FUN doing it.
Gold: 3,475.00
Jul 28 2010 05:29pm
Quote (Fierless @ 28 Jul 2010 17:05)
I agree, the source of 180 of my MF is from charms, and any character can be an MF character with this setup, or frankly less. I'm not sure how that makes it bad.

8 open slots can certainly be slow, so if you need more eliminate half of the 7mfs, you will still have enough MF.

I prefer to use CTA for the Life and Mana boost, especially since I'm tele, but if you'd prefer something else on switch, maybe LW to prebuff Fade then by all measn go ahead.

Rest assured he does plenty of damage for quick killing, and while I didn't consider any physical monster res, you didn't consider the -100 physical res reduction provided by Amp.

Thanks for this, I did consider running my own conviction aura and found the difference between the 2 negligible. I was also using decrepify from Reapers in this analysis which only provides -50 phys res reduction, not the -100% provided by amp.

As far as cost goes, I cannot necessarily disagree with you, I did not intend for it to sound as if its an inexpensive character. My point was just that I'm quite poor and that the character is fully functional with less than perfect gear. If you're arguing that there is very little flexibility in the gear that you wear then I can't disagree with that, but most H'dins are wearing nigmas, high stat spirit STs, high Hotos, etc. The same is true for Light Sorcs, Coh, Griffins, Infinity.

Now I understand there's no way around comparing this character to the 2 most common MF characters because that's what its trying to compete against. All I'm suggesting is this is a very different type of character that viably does all the same things, but that I enjoy playing more and thought others might as well.

If you don't believe that it's viable from the guide then try it for yourself.

This is getting intense, I imagine this is what it might feel like defending a dissertation!

:ROFL: @ defending a dissertation. you clearly haven't put anywhere close to that much work into this for there to be any comparison :P

I have made this type of character before. however i grow tired of the LMB attack, even if it is 5 hits, still annoying imo.
saying such, i know you're going in the right direction since you didnt suggest maxing salvation :LOL: so good job there at least.

so it seems you're trying to narrow down your guide to just a teleporting dreamer pally? regardless, this one setup castrates your build severely. I'll just pick apart the options you have with keeping enigma and your skills and stats setup before we move onto anything that might hurt your brain ;)

first example
changes: edeath warspike, highlords, laying of hands, soe, ravenfrost, other sorb or leach ring as needed; switch: wizzy + rand pally spirit; might merc; 1 point redemption, 1 point sanctuary

advantage: +50CB (up to 65 from 15), +15%DR +15MDR (from 0), averages 7500 physical damage to mobs, 9500 to demons (like Baal) (up from 6800)

disadvantages: lower life on the screen :LOL: no 2% ctc AD, couple less points in holy shield

possible arguement points:
q1- what about unbreakable phys and lit immune bosses that randomly generate?
a1- 1 point vengence works a lot faster than hoping your 2% ctc AD on atmas will, higher weapon damage means they will die faster than your setup if you choose the same argument. if they are undead, 1 point sanctuary will remove all positive physical resistance, once again, higher damage and higher CB means this setup will perform faster

q2- without CTA that means less mana so i cant teleport as far
a2- wrong! ravenfrost gives 40 mana, wizzy gives +170 mana and mana regen, and you will likely have a dual leach ring so just zealing a nearby monster will fill the blue bulb

q3- without holy freeze monsters will hit me more
a3- with more damage you will leach more life, death has 25%ctc glacial spike on attack which will freeze monsters very well

q4- I have lower life without CTA, willowisps and undead dolls do a lot of damage i need life from CTA to survive
a4- easily swap out for any cheap wisp protector and your problems are solved for wisps (duh, wisp protector..) try killing those undead dolls without a dwarf star and any DR and you will die a lot faster even with your higher screen life, that MDR and %DR do a lot of good against them, not to mention dwarf adds life.. a real fanazealot, played correctly, can easily survive with ~1000 life, and you will still have more than that without a damn CTA.

q5- okay so my lit and fire res are fine, but what about cold and poison?
a5- lit and fire res are all you really need and you have sorb options for them too. you can stack poison res from a natures piece ring and you only encounter high poison damage monsters at nihl anyway so thats perfect with the dr it gives too! most cold attacks dont hurt that much but you get cold sorb on raven anyway that will easily negate cold damage

conclusion: optional elemental absorb and increased DR for much better protection, higher damage and much higher CB will obviously kill faster.

this is just a comparison of the physical damage aspect, the lit damage has not changed from your setup. I have not done a total optimization for this character because I don't plan on ever making one again.
any questions so far?
Gold: 0.00
Jul 28 2010 07:46pm
omg! nice
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll