d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Runes of Magic > Best Class/combo? > What You Think?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,070.33
Trader: Mediator
Jun 15 2010 07:50pm
im interested to see what the more skilled users from rom think which is the best class/combo i personally have only used a few of them and what not i personally dont think im very good at matching the two haha

i would like to actually have a decent char so im asking for advice :D

my highest char is like 13/9 or something so im not extremely far so its not to late to start over :D

/e and btw i hate pvp

This post was edited by Zachery on Jun 15 2010 07:51pm
Gold: 1,900.00
Jun 16 2010 03:07am
If you go for a tank:
knight/warrior, /priest /scout

close combat damage dealer:
warrior/rogue, rogue/knight<- can solo pretty much

ranged dd:
scout/warrior

magical dd:
mage/rogue (damage, more expansive) mage/priest (support) [warrior/mage single target]

priest:
priest/mage (mana-regen) priest/scout

any class with second /knight has higher def,
"" /priest can heal themself
"" /damageclass has higher dmg
Gold: 25,030.00
Jun 16 2010 04:49am
if just look for nice dmg:

range:
scout/warr (i played this char is quite nice :D)
scut/rouge

melee:
scout/warr (nice dots and good dmg)
warr/scout (just nice dmg :D and good speed)

if u prefer mage u should go for:
mage/priest (most common mage combo)
mage/knight (nice crits and light skills)

tanking:
knight/roge (he does also good dmg compared to other tanks)
knight/priest ( he got nice aggro debuff u can putt on dd's/priests)

if u play on macantach i can sell u some nice stuff + rom gold since im gonna quit playing due to my time issues :D
Gold: 437.00
Jun 16 2010 06:35am
im surprised no one said priest/knight or scout/knight...

knight secondaries are definately overpowered currently

fun classes though would be scout/rogue because you get to switch gear and play rogue/scout and have fun with 2 differently played characters

i will tell u right now, do not play the underplayed classes like warden or druid just because you wanna be different, if you do want to be different, just remember that theres a reason why not many people play them.
Gold: 2.11
Jun 17 2010 08:30am
Quote (Hell Knight @ 16 Jun 2010 10:07)
If you go for a tank:
knight/warrior, /priest /scout

close combat damage dealer:
warrior/rogue, rogue/knight<- can solo pretty much

ranged dd:
scout/warrior

magical dd:
mage/rogue (damage, more expansive) mage/priest (support) [warrior/mage single target]

priest:
priest/mage (mana-regen) priest/scout

any class with second /knight has higher def,
""                                /priest can heal themself
""                                /damageclass has higher dmg

Mage/Druid --> nice Dmg
Mage/Rouge --> Nice Eliteskills,nice dmg

Rouge/Scout --> Good work as front and distance DD (but too often played -.- )

Priest/Warrior --> Interesting nice combi,DD with hot selfheal and nice skills (Priest + ES) --> 1h Axe use + Shield

Quote (Convael @ 16 Jun 2010 13:35)
im surprised no one said priest/knight or scout/knight...

knight secondaries are definately overpowered currently

fun classes though would be scout/rogue because you get to switch gear and play rogue/scout and have fun with 2 differently played characters

i will tell u right now, do not play the underplayed classes like warden or druid just because you wanna be different, if you do want to be different, just remember that theres a reason why not many people play them.

:D ye,
knight as secondary is too lame I think,just for Warrior or Rouge I would take him,for Priest its too epic,not my style :)
even its good chosen, I think its also too common.

A warden is absolutely nothing for me ,but a druid as secondary is not bad,as I said for a Mage,nice done,but Ugly :D

This post was edited by Wait_and_Bleed on Jun 17 2010 08:34am
Gold: 155,987.20
Jun 24 2010 12:51am
scout/warden highest single target dps in game scout/rogue nice alternative some better group support

mage/priest most popular/overplayed combo in the game for a reason

knight/warr ultimate tank combo

rogue/knight like a tank that does high dps

pretty much covers
Gold: 2,928.11
Jun 25 2010 07:17am
phoenixfire82 that's...intresting ^^

S/Wd dunno about how it matches with dps to S/W. But neither can beat W/R currently thanks to Sword of Fear.

M/P hasn't been "overplayed" for long time. Reason why it was is that /P could self heal and mage WAS best dps class. Now most mages beat M/P in DPS. Ofc M/P still has buff for all caster DPS

K/W isn't any ultimate tank. K/S has same agro or even better agro with 1-H than K/W has 2-H in end game. K/P has agro lower buff though K/Ps seem to be a bit rare nowdays

R/K can't tank as well as K but with good gear it can tank anything in the game and still do significant DPS

There isn't best class combo. Decide what role you want to play and pick you main class. Then start figuring out your secondary what suits best. I know you can swap between those any time but when you start making gear only few combos are viable with the same gear.
Gold: 12,057.00
Jun 28 2010 07:01pm
Quote (LevitatorX @ 25 Jun 2010 14:17)
phoenixfire82 that's...intresting ^^

S/Wd dunno about how it matches with dps to S/W. But neither can beat W/R currently thanks to Sword of Fear.

M/P hasn't been "overplayed" for long time. Reason why it was is that /P could self heal and mage WAS best dps class. Now most mages beat M/P in DPS. Ofc M/P still has buff for all caster DPS

K/W isn't any ultimate tank. K/S has same agro or even better agro with 1-H than K/W has 2-H in end game. K/P has agro lower buff though K/Ps seem to be a bit rare nowdays

R/K can't tank as well as K but with good gear it can tank anything in the game and still do significant DPS

There isn't best class combo. Decide what role you want to play and pick you main class. Then start figuring out your secondary what suits best. I know you can swap between those any time but when you start making gear only few combos are viable with the same gear.

vouch for W/R and Sword of Fear, damn hot dps and dmg ;)
Go Back To Runes of Magic Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll