d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The 1.13 95% Es Firewall Sorc V3.0 > That's Right
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 10 2010 01:38pm
The Dueling Firewall sorc

V1.2
Added Max block viability
Precised builds pro and con
Corrected grammar

V2.0
Adjusted Pvp strategy
Made it cleaner
Added blaze viability, credits goes to Tommyvv
Considered some comment on last repost
Made many little changes

V3.0
Adapted to some comments
Changed gear alot
Added mb
Changed many things related to gear
Added 2 videos
Changes some strategies

Introduction:

This char is for pubs, since it needs ES precast to be effective, of course you could adjust it to private duels though.

I got the idea about firewall sorc some time ago. I posted it on jsp as a new idea and nobody were interested really. So some time ago i made a fireball sorc, and respeced into firewall, and it was owning. So i decided to make a char that was a pure firewaller.

Many people doesn't take fw sorc seriously, when they see me in the game they joke around with my wall, until they die, than they rage because they got raped by a firewall sorc. You may as welll think that this is a joke, but it's up to you, this character can kill faster than an hdin on pvm and pvp.

Faqs about firewall:

Does from 30k to over 40k fire damage per second
60 yards long
It have 2 synergies, Warmth (GFG for ES) and inferno, and 1 mastery
Cant be blocked by weapon block (assassin claw block)
Cant be dodged/Evaded/Avoided (Amazon skill)
Perpendicular to character's vision line
Can stack up to 2 firewalls to double the damage
Can FHR lock people because of insane damage

How is it done?

1.0 My char

2.0 Achievement

3.0 Stats

4.0 Skills

4.1 Blaze viability

4.2 ES faqs

5.0 Gear

6.0 Overall Strategies

6.1 Specific Strategies

1.0 My char

So, lets start with my own char, because everthing else will be based on it and this is where all started!

First of all, here are her stats screen

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=44804638&f=169&o=0#p298259229 > what she uses

After many tries, this is the best gear i found out. I tried gear with much -res, and tal set with -35%. The - res works good with no-stacked chars but vs stacked char it doesn't
so my main build gets -15% res right now, and in case i carry a 30/-30 sword around to get -35%

2.0 Achievement

Builds
Main build
Maxblock build

Break points

FHR
Frames 15........................................0
Frames 14........................................5
Frames 13........................................9
Frames 12.......................................14
Frames 11.......................................20
Frames 10.................................................30
Frames 9........................................42
Frames 8..................................................60
Frames 7........................................86
Frames 6.......................................142
Frames 5.......................................280

FCR
Frames 13........................................0
Frames 12........................................9
Frames 11.......................................20
Frames 10.......................................37
Frames 9..................................................63 > Both builds
Frames 8.......................................105
Frames 7.......................................200

As a firewall sorc, you run as much as you teleport, so high FCR isn't necessary as much as other kind of sorcs, also firewall is a slow attack like blizzard, so FCR wont matter much. FHR might be a problem though when opposing trappers, wind druid, charger, but it doesnt matter than much, if you care too much about it you can use more FHR gcs.

Main build
Life and mana shown on screen shot
75% all resistance except fire
8% dr
37k Damage
-35% ennemy resistance
60% FHR BP
63% FCR BP

Mb build
lose about 800 mana
Get MB with base dex
-8 all resistance (you use it vs melee anyways)
18% dr
30k Damage
-5% ennemy resistance
30% FHR BP
63% FCR BP

3.0 Stats

Stats is an important section, but really easy to understand.

You want you sorc to have the following stats:

Strength - Enough for spirit

Dexterity - None

Vitality - None

Energy - Everything else

Why all energy, won't i be easy to kill?
Because your ES will be at 95%

This is what makes Firewall sorc pretty godly. First of all, it have 2 synergies, one is 4% other is 1%. So you can easily sacrifice the 1% one to get 95% es, that will be about 3-4k damage out of 30-40k.
Why getting 95% ES is really worthing it?
The 4% synergy of firewall is warmth, so maxing warmth will give you a godlike mana resplenish. That's also why you will go all energy and noting into life.

4.0 Skills

Skills, another important section.
This build will never be done, but at 90 it gets good.

Telekinesis - 20
Energy shield - 15 (with regular prebuff, no gcs)
Firewall -20
Fire mastery - 20
Warmth - 20
Others - 6

Total = 101

Rest
Either all in inferno

or

you get hydra
than rest goes to inferno

4.1 Blaze viabilty

So Tommyvv added in my last post this great idea, he even made a build out of it.
I first though not to add it since my build is firewall/95% es and i didn't want to rip his idea, but why not if i give him credits, and it's only maths

Basing on Tommyvv's maths :

blaze dos 12k
183 faster run walk = 9.25 yards/sec
blaze have 48.6sec fire duration
48.6*9.25 = 450 yards to run
make small line of 6 yards
450/6 = 75 stacked blaze
75*12k = 900k/sec

You can get up to 198% frw with the right gear -> 9x Frw gcs, 10x scs, enigma, circlet, boots.

So blaze can be insane! but you need to stack it for a while and sacrifice firewall, i didn't try it because i love firewall too much, but it sounds logic.
The only bad thing about it is that you have to run in a small line for 40 second for it to be effective, but any char that tele into it = instant death
Once again, credits goes to Tommyvv

4.2 ES faqs

ES can be complicated if you don't know anything about it, but i'm here to explain it to you!

Does resistance and damage reduce % works on ES?
No, these only work on health, so on the 5% damage it'll receive. You won't have to matter much about resist or dr.
On the other side, if you have -100% resist, you will get 10% damage on hp instead of 5%, if you have 75% you will get 1.25%.
ES works like if you had 0 resistance to that element, it fully take damages, depending on you telekinesis level.
So you can sacrifice resist, but when you get too much damage on your hp, you get in fhr lock, so having resist helps for this and when ur mana is gone.

How does telekinesis works with ES? why maxing it?
When you have 0 to telekinesis, each point of damage you receive will make you lose 2 mana points, so 1dmg = 2mana lost. Each points added into telekinesis reduce these 2 points of damage by 0,0625, so maxing it will result into receiving 1,25 less damage from the 2 point. That means for every point of damage you get you will lose 0.75 mana.
With 95% ES it will be 0.7125 mana lost. All of this mean that maxing telekinesis provide to ES a permanent damage reduce % and resistance of 25%.

For more informations about ES, you can go there http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=3448795

5.0 Gear

Now the fun and viable part.

Main build
MB build

Of course, all extra mods are fine ^^

°°Helmet°°
2/20/30Frw sorc circlet - faceted
3/20/2 Fire circlet - 10%/-10% faceted

°°Armor°°
Coh - 2 skills, resistance, str, life resp
Enigma - if you dont matetr much about resist, and it gives 2skills, FRW, str, life, damage on mana
Ormus - Adds about 1-2k damage and have fcr on it, so use 2 sojs and FCR/FHR belt
Twitchthroe Kod- Dex, fhr,% block, gg for MB

°°Belt°°
Arach - skill, FCR, mana
Crafted belt - 24FHR, 10FCR, mana, life, resist

°°Gloves°°
Frostburn - All energy, 40% mana, anything better? no

°°Boots°°
30FRW/10FHR crafted +mana %mana boots
Treks - If you can't afford or can't find, or want the FHR, poison res is always nice too for pure es with low resist
Waterwalk - Depending on your level, you might need them to get mb

°°Ammy°°
Maras - adds skills to bo, which mean 6% mana/life, greats resist, stats
GG sorc ammy - Needs to beat maras > better than 20 stats 30resist 6%life/mana
Fire ammy with 13% fcr

°°Rings°°
2x Soj - mass mana, 1skill
1x ravens 20 dex, 1x soj

°°Weapons°°
Orb +3Fire +3Firewall +3Mastery 2Sockets - 10%/-10% faceted, godly damage,-10% res > fcr is good here, allow you to get 105fcr
30%/-30% sword - the negative resist is godly and add massive damage on non-stackers
Eschuta - average damage, energy
Hoto - Resist, life resp, skills, 15% mana

°°Shields°°
Spirit - FHR/FCR mass mana, 2 skills
20%/-20% Monarch - Negative res is really important, once again > vs non-stackers
Phoenix - -28% enemy's fire resist > vs non-stackers
Spirit - FHR/FCR mass mana, 2 skills
Whistan's guard - Godly block shield - facet it or eld it

°°Switch°°
Cta + spirit
Cta + lidless

°°ES prebuff°°
+3 light amulet
+3 light circlet
+3 ES ormus
+9 ES memory
+15 points = 95% es

°°Charms°°
For gcs, you can go with what you want
Frw gcs (like i said, you walk more than you teleport)
Vita gcs (more life is always good, but you are 95% es and all energy)
FHR gcs (if you dont like 60% BP)

°°Scs°°
Vita mana scs, only way to go
20/17s
or 5fhr/17mana is you need fhr

Obviously
Torch
Anni

This post was edited by Sergeant01 on Jun 10 2010 01:45pm
Jun 10 2010 01:38pm
6.0 Overall Strategies

This picture i made explain much about how firewall works

As you see, the spots where you click to attack a same target make a circle between you and enemy, so have that in mind and everything will be fine when you're dueling, you won't have to namelock all the time.

Firewall's damage is at its maximal potential when the wall is like one of these:

A wall not like these might make low to no damage depending on enemies resistance.

Firewall works same as blizzard, with higner damage and less -resistance. Only different things are that it hits more often (when you touch it) but it's easy to get out.

Most people thinks that it's so easy to get out that it wouldn't be effective, but most character needs to stand still to attack, firewalling them will make them to move, and if you keep the namelock, they simply can't attack anymore. More about this will be explained in Pvp strategy.

Name lock with firewall can be godly, if you name lock someone and he tele about 3 screens away, you will still making firewall on him. So if he decide to tele away to sit and cast, hes dead.

Remember to always precast ES, you're all energy so you will get owned fast if you ES with base gear, you will get about 85% es so you will die 3x faster. This makes this build a pub build however.

Firewall can be stacked. You can stack about 2 firewalls together, making 1 wall doing about 100k damage per second.

Always abuse mana resplenish from maxed warmth, your mana can be fulled in about 20 second.

When facing a desynching character, on your mini-map, they won't be where you see them, But if you namelock them, the wall will be where they really are, meaning that if a hdin desynch and isnt really where you see him, namelock him anyways, and spam firewalls,he will get damaged Same thing for Amazon.

Little video i made to show potential:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFt_Mc9CoVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8saklQYA52o
Build used here wasn't the same as the one i'm curently using.

6.1 Specific Strategies

I will explain how to duel versus common classes, and common builds, so things such as fire trap sin, fire druid, poison java zon etc, won't be explained. I won't explain it because you do about anything and they are basicly dead. Also, now everything will be explained, since you learn alot more by trying it yourself than by reading a guide!

Many thinks wont be explained, you'll have to find out what to do yourself, and this is how you learn to duel, not by reading a guide.

You use Mb build vs : Barb, Bow zon, anything taht require block kinda XD

Also, using telekinesis + firewall is very gg, so always mix both together, when firewall is on cd do telekinesis.

Amazons

Bow:Easy

Grab on Mb, charge to her and fw. Firewall is devastating vs them, because it cant be dodge, if they run keep the namelock.

Java:Medium-Hard

These are long to kill, but if you stay out of range you will win. As they mostly run, try to cast a wall in front of them, and tele into it. She will change direction right into the wall. If they teleport, try to always stay into a wall, make a wall on her, tele into it as she get out, repeat. For legit fcer, they need to get a namelock on you to legit fc, so if you get a wall faster than they get a namelock, they will have to break their namelock if they dont want to die. If they lock you, you can also use telekinesis to dodge lock them, than you make a wall.

Assassin

Ghost:Hard

Thanks god claw block doesn't work with firewall. You don't do much damage to them, but you still can win, it may be long though. The strategy is to make a wall on her, and tele into it, (always stay in a wall) make another wall on her as she get out and tele into it again. She will try to tele on you and ww, so when she tele and ww, tele and make a wall, just like the picture:

Make sure to make the wall the same way as she ww, this may be hard though if shes good at tri-ww, because they will be short, but she will get hurt the whole time with tri-ww because she will stay into the fire. You can always uses Mb gear, just be carefull if you try to tank, because open wounds and poison hurt es sorc. Also, try to stay close to her, if you do that they might not use teleport, so it makes it easier to plan where they are attacking.

Trapper:Hard

Most annoying character, you have to stay out of the traps at anytime, running around to observe will be your best bet. Find a way to get to her without getting hit (using 60 yards long of firewall) and make them move out, at that time she will try to mb you, if you get a wall on her before getting mbed, she will have to get out and stop mbing, so keep the namelock, and hope. If she get the mind blast on you, switch weapons really fast as run out, this glitch makes it easier to get out.

Hybrid: Hard
Stay away of her traps, use same strategy as trappers, and when she come close tele away and firewall her, uses of Mb is usefull too. Be careful, open wounds and poison are deadly weapons vs all energy es sorc.

Necromancer

Bone: Easy-Medium

With ES, magical damage is kinda bugged, and does less damage than they really would, works with hammers too. Necro normally have low fire resist, so these 2 combined means easy duel, you normally 1 hit kill a necro that doesnt wear hotspurs. If they do, you will still win, try to grab some -fire res gear if they are low on stack. If they necro plays defensive, which is teleing away to spam bonespirits, it will be a long duel, make sure you don't get caught by the bone spirits. If he's offensive, than walk and use firewall on him, he may bone prison you, tele out and wall him again. Your wall makes him to keep moving, so he spam less.

Poison:Medium-Hard

Kinda same as bone, but their poison affect directly your hp, and at 1k you have won't last very long. They have to come close to kill you, so simply spam firewall as you walk, and they will eventually tele in them. They usually spam teleport and than break in to nova you, at that time you tele 1 screen away and firewall him. This might be hard to master though. Always be ready to tele.

Barb: Medium-Hard

Ww barb

Barb is kinda like ghost, but they don't have an annoying shadow and fade, but does more damage. They can 1 ww you if you're not MB so grab mb gear. Strategy is like the one you use for ghost, as they ww too. You make a wall on them, they will get out, maybe they will tele on you, as you casted the wall tele in it. Than walk down your wall, and make a new on on barb, and tele on it as the barb tele on you. Always stays in a wall. They might try to leap you out of it, or leap to simply kb you, but by the time he tele on you, you have the second to tele away. So timed tele is essential here. You have to tele right after he started his, because if you tele before he does, he will still tele on you. Also, don't try to tank even if you're Mb, he might get lucky and get all hits on you.

Paladins

Hammer:Easy

Like i said before, magic damage won't do as much damage as they would with ES. If you're facing a defensive hdin, tele close to him and firewall him, he will teleport away, keep him namelocked and job should be done, don't get into the hammer field, always tele where they are charging to. For offensive hdin you simple stack wall on you and they will tele on you, and almost instantly die, you will tank 2-3 hammers but he will die. If you die first, than next duel, stack walls on you, as he tele on you you tele out, make a wall on you and wait for him to repeat.

Smiter: Medium-Hard

Most smiter will use fire resist and charge, so Mb gear is essential. If they charge you and you block, you negate kb effect so he stay next to you and can't charge anymore, so make a wall at that time, tank 1-2 smite and tele away, mana lost will be regenerated as you tele away, repeat this.

Foher:Easy

Foh normally walk or desynch, and stop to attack, so you simply namelock them and see them falling. Conviction or not, you're using ES, so it doesnt matter much. Some foher can be a pain and sorb though, but this guide is meant for gm dueling.

Zealer: Easy

Use MB gear, they are normally low on resist, make it even lower with -res gear, and tank and firewall him, normally an instant death

Sorceress

Best way to duel svs is to spam some wall everywhere, they will end up teleing on one and getting FHR lock and die. This is specially effective versus 200FCR sorces

Lighting sorc:easy-Medium

Svs is always a matter of namelocking. Light sorc are powefull but slow, so the matter is to be faster than them at attacking. Good part on firewall is that it's not a missile, so if both namelocked at same time, you get the advantage. So namelock fast, shoot walk away, and you'll be fine. She will normally tele out, with 3/4 hp, do that about 4 times and duel is over.

Blizzard sorc: Medium-Hard

This duel is the most balanced duel. If you cast firewall you probly have a blizzard over your head. Blizzard wont hit often though so you can keep the namelock, and the other sorc cant, but it still can hit 2-3 times to kill you. You can tank about 3-4 blizz hits. But you don't want to try and see if you can tank that blizzard, what you wanna do is to wait for her to come close and than cast firewall and tele out of blizzard. If she plays defensive, meaning that she cast a blizz randomly and tele away so you tele into the blizz to catch her, simply play defensive too, as a firewall sorc with 63% fcr, you can't catch a 105% fcr sorc.

Fireball sorc:Easy-Hard

This might be an easy duel if they are offensive, and might be hard too if they are defensive and all they do is spamming. You tele away so they don't see you in mini-map, and come from somewhere she wont think about. Once you broke to her, firewall her and keep the namelock, she will tele away or she die, if she stay here, simply run in circle around her. If namelock break, simply reapeat the strategy. For offensive sorc it's a matter of namelocking speed, as she tele close you firewall her and run, she will have to tele away too, so nl them.

200Fcr sorces:easy

These can really be easy, 200fcr doesnt really have good gear, meaning that your damage are gg vs them. You simple cast firewall anywhere and let her tele in them, if she attack you, tele away and recast firewalls. Or you can play with strategy and namelock them and as she tele away she dies.

Druids

Wind druids: Medium-Hard

It can be hard if he have much heath and resist. Theres 2 way to duel them, either you stack firewall like with hammerdin or you run into your wall. If you stack and they doesnt have stacked resist they will die before you, otherwise you're dead. So you stack and as they tele you tele away and repeat. Other way to duel them is to walk into you firewalls, you make a wall on him, he will get out, you tele into ur wall, walk into it to get a namelock, wall him, wait for him to tele on you and tele into the new awll you made. Repeat that and you'll win. Bad thing about firewall agaisnt windies is that they can recast cyclone over and over, but you will eventually get them because they underestimate firewall.

Rabies druid: Medium-Hard

These doesnt tele, and normally walk fast, so best strategy would be to make a wall and walk into it or tele if he runs faster than you do. You can also make crossed firewalls, so he have no other choice than to walk through it. When crossing them, make sure the druid walks where it cross, does much more damage. Mb won't help here since you need to always get out or they will 1hit kill you.

Shape druid: Easy-Medium

They don't tele either, but you can tank them. Grab on Mb gear and stand still a you firewall him, his hp will go down faster than yours.

That's it for my build, i made this char about 2 month ago and dueled alot with it. I decided to share it to hope to see more of these around.
It's a fun char that does great damage, and people arn't used to lose versus them or to even duel them, so they rage pretty easily and think their own character sucks ^^.

Have a good day!
Let me know any modification that you would bring to my build, or if you would rewrite something!

Thanks for reading

Third repost
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=44470144&f=87&o=0

Second repost
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=43763256&f=87&o=0#p291446490

First post
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=43746282&f=87&o=0
Gold: 0.00
Jun 10 2010 02:50pm
i love the pics.. especially the one for vs ghost sins haha
Gold: 106,750.00
Jun 10 2010 02:59pm
Great job, I'm seriously considering trying this sorc out! Tals build, maybe.
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 10 2010 03:02pm
tal>
Jun 10 2010 05:54pm
Quote (mysz15 @ Jun 10 2010 05:02pm)
tal>

i tried tal, and with the build im using i get 7k more damage, more mana, more life, and about same resist.
Trying tal made me reconsider the -res potential i had on previous versions, and i made a new build with alot less -res, and a 30/-30 sword stashed

but tal is cheap and still own ^^

Quote (Faerie @ Jun 10 2010 04:50pm)
i love the pics.. especially the one for vs ghost sins haha

thanks ^^

Quote (AvanineCommuter @ Jun 10 2010 04:59pm)
Great job, I'm seriously considering trying this sorc out! Tals build, maybe.

^^ like i said tal own, but not as much as this one, and this one as viability, and uses base dex to get mb
Gold: 0.00
Jun 10 2010 06:18pm
very well done.

This post was edited by Dixa on Jun 10 2010 06:19pm
Jun 10 2010 08:54pm
Quote (Dixa @ Jun 10 2010 08:18pm)
very well done.

Jun 11 2010 04:40pm