d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Encouraging Word Of The Day~ > :)
Prev1274275276277278719Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.92
Apr 8 2015 05:08am
2nd Thessalonians 2:1-17
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
Gold: 5,413.90
Trader: Trusted
Apr 8 2015 05:30am
Matthew 26:28
28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

:)
Gold: 71.05
Apr 8 2015 06:42am
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
– Isaiah 53:5

What happens when the judge is also the father of the accused? That was the “dilemma” God had when Adam rebelled against God. God loves his children, but they have sinned against His nature and the punishment for that is death. So He determined to take the punishment of man’s rebellion Himself. Jesus Christ came as a man and took the judgment due to us so that we could experience the favor due to Him. Because of Jesus, we have an open door to the Creator, and that door brings us into peace, healing and restoration. God’s justice and love meet in Jesus Christ.
Apr 9 2015 04:05am
Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
– Hebrews 2:14-15

God cares about suffering. He cares about it so much that He experienced the suffering that we face daily so that He can relate to our struggles in every way. Yet Jesus didn’t stop with sympathy for our pain. He came to destroy the fears that assail our hearts as we face suffering and death. Jesus came to set you and me free from Satan’s power. When we believe God’s word we can live in victory over fear.
Apr 9 2015 05:01am
1st Timothy 5:22-25
22 Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.
23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.
24 Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.
25 Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid.
Apr 9 2015 05:33am
Psalm 27:1
“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid”
Apr 10 2015 05:25am
2nd Timothy 2:11-16
11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
Apr 10 2015 05:40am
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.
– Hebrews 9:15

Christ bridges the gap between the old testament and the new testament that we have today. The laws of Moses could identify sin, but not free us from our guilt. Christ died as our ransom— he took our guilt upon himself on the cross— so that those who have faith in his life, death and resurrection can receive an eternal inheritance that is available now. That is really good news.
Apr 10 2015 07:46am
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:6-8 NIV
Apr 11 2015 06:23am
Titus 1:15-16
15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev1274275276277278719Next
Add Reply New Topic