d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Encouraging Word Of The Day~ > :)
Prev1269270271272273718Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 5,413.90
Trader: Trusted
Mar 18 2015 05:32am
Psalm 37:39
“But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; He is their strength in time of trouble.”
Gold: 8.35
Mar 18 2015 04:09pm
Live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Ephesians 5:2
Gold: 0.92
Mar 19 2015 05:25am
Hebrews 4:1-16
1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Mar 19 2015 08:42am
2 Thessalonians 2:15
15 So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.
Rea
Mar 19 2015 05:53pm
I said to myself, “Look, I have increased in wisdom more than anyone who has ruled over Jerusalem before me; I have experienced much of wisdom and knowledge.” Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind.
– Ecclesiastes 1:16-17

How many times do we need to watch an interview of a successful someone who tells us that once they “made it” they were more dissatisfied than ever? To think that achievement will bring peace flies in the face of current and ancient wisdom. As Ecclesiastes sums it up: the goal is to know God. Jesus promises to bring peace in ways that our greatest achievements never could. To lose that perspective results in a lot of wasted time and effort.
Mar 20 2015 02:30am
But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth.
– 2 Timothy 4:17

God does not leave us alone when we face overwhelming odds. Paul felt abandoned by others, but he was not separated from God. Paul knew that God had a purpose for him that was yet to be fulfilled, so Paul was able to stand strong even in the midst of incredible danger. This is the confidence that any man or woman who calls on Jesus should lean on—that God will give you strength, for He has a destiny for you to fulfill.
Gold: 0.92
Mar 20 2015 05:16am
James 1:2-4
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
Mar 20 2015 05:21am
Psalm 37:8-9
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil. 9 For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.
Gold: 127,000.00
Mar 21 2015 12:06am
finally, my brethren, rejoice in the LORD. To write the same things 2 u, 2 me indeed is not grievous, but 4u it is safe. beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. for we are the circumcision which worship god in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

~ philippians 3:1-3
Mar 21 2015 02:06am
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
– Proverbs 3:3-4

Do you want to have favor and a good name? This proverb gives us an important insight: put others around you as top priority and make sure that you are seen as someone who is faithful. To bind these qualities around your neck is to have them with you always. Loving others and being consistent in our work will make one invaluable to any organization or group of friends. This is actually very challenging, but the reward of favor and a good name is more than worth it.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev1269270271272273718Next
Add Reply New Topic