d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Encouraging Word Of The Day~ > :)
Prev1265266267268269718Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 3.60
Mar 3 2015 03:17am
Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.
– Isaiah 1:17

In a time when there was no social security or welfare, orphans and widows were relegated to poverty and great need. One of the results of a relationship with God will be a desire to help the weak and helpless. As the book of James states, this is when religion is pure and undefiled.

For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
Deuteronomy 30:16
Gold: 5,413.90
Trader: Trusted
Mar 3 2015 06:47am
Ecclesiastes 5:2
2 Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.
Gold: 0.92
Mar 3 2015 10:41am
Mark 8:34-38
34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
Mar 4 2015 06:18am
2 Corinthians 4:16
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.”
Mar 4 2015 06:21am
Luke 9:1-6
1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.
4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.
5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.
6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.
Mar 5 2015 03:27am
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
– 1 Peter 5:8-9

Let’s not underestimate the fact that we live in a world filled with spiritual battles. There is an enemy who is looking for our weak spots—the places of inconsistency in our lives—that he can exploit for our hurt. This is why the apostle Peter tells us to stand firm in our faith, for our walk with God has to be based upon His promises, not our abilities. We all have weaknesses, and unless we focus our minds and hearts on what God has said, we become an easy target for the devil and his appetites. So keep your eyes and ears open, because this is a fight that will find you, no matter where you are.
Mar 5 2015 07:22am
John 10:1-18
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
Mar 5 2015 09:06am
2 Timothy 1:7
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
Gold: 0.00
Mar 6 2015 12:26am
Quote (MiniPanda @ Mar 5 2015 09:06am)
2 Timothy 1:7
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”

Great verse today panda.
Mar 6 2015 04:11am
Herefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58

Loving Heavenly Father, you are the conqueror over all the forces of darkness. Deliver me from all the clutches of the evil one. Cleanse me with your power and precious blood. Let Your light shine in my life and guide me in every step that I take. Relieve all the bondages that keeps me chained to sin. I give you all the glory, praise and honor. I make this humble prayer through the powerful name of Jesus Christ. In your name. Amen.
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev1265266267268269718Next
Add Reply New Topic