d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Should Items Be Auto-returnable With Tiimers
12312Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 33,836.87
Feb 17 2010 08:54am
I think I made a thread on this in the past, but I’m not 100% sure—so this is coming up again (This idea REALLY appeals to me & so many others I've spoken with).

Item Return Timers

Now lets say you want to be the best guildie possible and love to help others. If you happen to have nice gear, you may feel compelled to loan out this gear. This is of course is with an inherent risk:

1) Person could decide to be dishonest and keep your equipment
2) Person could somehow manage to shrine your gear
3) Person could somehow manage to put your gear in the trash can during catas
4) Person could get in a car wreck and be hospitalized for 3 months & not return it on time
5) …. I think you get the point

What if all of the above worries were removed from the picture? It's not just the owner! I know some ppl who use an item of mine that's worth 30-50k are scared to death if it somehow got destroyed & would sell everything and quit LS to repay. What if Paul took the next step in relieving the stress for those with the “haves” and allowed the gear sharing to take place more frequently with the “have nots”. What if Paul brought protection to those who have donated so much money to this site and want to bring a better gaming experience to everyone in their guild? What if the below idea was implemented:

My suggestion:
1) Create the ability to have a timer associated with an item. This timer, when expired, will automatically return the item back to original owner’s vault (and in a newly created slot)
2) Make these items indestructible & non-transferrable to the lendee. No accidental shrines, trash cans, MP sales, Vault transfers, etc
3) Since a timer function would be created, create some type of place where you could see all your equipment that was lent out, to whom, and for what duration left.

I can’t imagine 1 person who would not appreciate this update. This would alleviate many stresses some have in this game (both borrower & borrowee), allow those just starting out to receive MUCH more assistance, and remove the potential for thieves to make out with thousands of dollars of other’s property. I believe this to be the next logical step after Vault creation & item transfer. I believe a much happier & closer community will result.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Additions/Deletions?

This post was edited by Stok3d on Feb 17 2010 09:02am
Gold: 45.98
Feb 17 2010 08:57am
I think it would be cool. Not sure how much work this would be for Paul though.
Gold: 33,836.87
Feb 17 2010 09:00am
Quote (Welch @ Feb 17 2010 09:57am)
I think it would be cool. Not sure how much work this would be for Paul though.

Paul is a programming genius. The hardest part is doing the R/D. Once the idea is created, he can find a way to make anything happen! :D

This post was edited by Stok3d on Feb 17 2010 09:00am
Gold: 165,001.58
Trader: Trusted
Feb 17 2010 09:03am
This sounds to good to be true to implement.

To much work and this would be overpowering the rich guilds imo :S
Gold: 1.71
Feb 17 2010 09:03am
Although I love the idea of this, I don't think it could or will be added. Sharing items has always had its risks. I loaned out my mq charm which would probably be worth 70+ k today and my friend accidently deleted it. I lost numerous items xferring on the market place. I knew the risks involved and have paid for them dearly. But today, with the vault and xfers between characters, Ladder Slasher has become ten times safer for your items than ever before. I understand your point of view and wish something like this would be added, but I am pretty sure it won't be ;)
Gold: 47,117.83
Feb 17 2010 09:13am
Its a wonderful fairy tail but its not realistic. Lending something irl to a friend can result in the item/money, breaking, stolen, lost, etc. I could see the auto timer in place and if the item is still in existence, sure, it goes right back to you. However, if its deleted, trashed, shrined, riped, w/e. Its gone.

Gold: 8,168.97
Feb 17 2010 09:15am
Voted no, it would make scamming guildies with the vault harder.
Gold: 20.73
Feb 17 2010 09:25am
Quote (Killer_Stride @ Feb 17 2010 10:13am)
Its a wonderful fairy tail but its not realistic. Lending something irl to a friend can result in the item/money, breaking, stolen, lost, etc. I could see the auto timer in place and if the item is still in existence, sure, it goes right back to you. However, if its deleted, trashed, shrined, riped, w/e. Its gone.

1) Create the ability to have a timer associated with an item. This timer, when expired, will automatically return the item back to original owner’s vault (and in a newly created slot)
2) Make these items indestructible & non-transferrable to the lendee. No accidental shrines, trash cans, MP sales, Vault transfers, etc
3) Since a timer function would be created, create some type of place where you could see all your equipment that was lent out, to whom, and for what duration left.
Gold: 6,069.00
Feb 17 2010 09:29am
nice idea, but dont see it happening m8
Gold: 4,465.24
Feb 17 2010 09:38am
No from me.

When you lend out an item you take a risk. If you don't want to take a risk don't lend out your items.

Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12312Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll