d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > How To: Hybrid > A General Outline On The Hybrid Build
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,353.35
Feb 13 2010 01:44am
Universal Hybrid Guide

The Basics
I noticed there were no hybrid guides available in the guides section, only melee caster guides, so I decided to make a hybrid guide. Every character that can wield a weapon can hybrid. The most beneficial to the hybrid build would be Paladin, Rogue, Fighter, Samurai, Headhunter, Monk and Ninja depending on the gear you have. Magicians and Guardians are great for hybriding also, for the reason that they have a nice base of mana / intelligence. Warlocks and Barbarians are capable of hybriding but Barbarians have such a low amount of base mana and Warlocks have such a low amount of base strength and dexterity that unless you have very good gear, then it would be easier to just go straight melee and caster respectively. That still doesn’t mean it’s impossible, as there have been a few people who have accomplished the build on those characters successfully.

The Stats
For Headhunter, Monk, Ninja, Samurai, Fighter, Rogue, Barbarian and Paladin, you’re going to want to stat all of your points into intelligence until you have around 55-70 base intelligence (meaning without gear). The rest of your points should go into dexterity or strength depending on the gear that you have available. For Guardians, Magicians and Warlocks, you should have a nice base amount of mana starting out, so maybe 5-10 stats into intelligence depending on your gear, then the rest should go into Str or Dex.

The Gear
Hybrid gear has been known to be more expensive than pure stat gear, but you can make a hybrid even with pure stat gear.

Primary Mods on Armor / Charms: Str/Dex, Str/Int, Dex/Int, Str/HM, Dex/HM, Mass Str, Mass Dex
Secondary Mods: , Max Mana, Mana Per Kill, Mana Per Attack

Low Levels (1-15)

Armor: Most Expensive: Any Scale, Leather / Plate, Chain with 10+ Str / 10+ Dex , 20+ Str, 20+ Dex, an assortment of those with max mana intelligence, heal mastery and mana per kill / mana per attack.

Budget: Any Scale, Leather / Plate, Chain with 13+ str or 13+ dex, if you can snag those secondary mods for cheap then that’s great.
Obviously a robe wearing character would only be able to wear robes, so get that if you are in that category.

Offensive Charm: Most Expensive: Any charm available to your class with 10+ Str / 10+ Dex, 20+ Str, 20+ Dex, an assortment of those with max mana, intelligence, heal mastery and mana per kill / mana per attack.

Budget: Any charm available to your class with 13+ str, 13+ dex, if you can snag those secondary mods for cheap then that’s great.

Heal / Accessory Charm: Most Expensive: Any charm available to your class with 55+ ee

Weapon: Most Expensive: 55+ ee per level, str, dex, int until level 15.

Budget: 50+ ee per level until 15

Mid Levels (20-40)

Armor: Most Expensive: Any Scale, Leather / Plate, Chain with 25+ Str / 25+ Dex / 25+ Intelligence, Heal Mastery, 45+ Str, 45+ Dex, 160+ ee, an assortment of those with max mana intelligence, heal mastery and mana per kill / mana per attack.

Budget: Any Scale, Leather / Plate, Chain with 30+ str or 30+ dex, 100+ee, if you can snag those secondary mods for cheap then that’s great.

Offensive Charm: Most Expensive: Any charm available to your class with 25+ Str / 25+ Dex / 25+ Intelligence, Heal Mastery, 45+ Str, 45+ Dex, an assortment of those with max mana, intelligence, heal mastery and mana per kill / mana per attack.

Budget: Any charm available to your class with 30+ str, 30+ dex, if you can snag those secondary mods for cheap then that’s great.
Heal / Accessory Charm: Most Expensive: Any charm available to your class with 120+ ee, upgrade 20+ ee every 5 levels until 35-40, then every 10 levels.

Budget: 80+ ee per level, (optional) upgrade roughly 20+ ee every 5 levels until 30, then every 10 levels.
Weapon: Most Expensive: 120+ ee per level, upgrade about 20+ ee every 5 levels until 35-40, then every 10 levels

Budget: 80+ ee per level, (optional) upgrade roughly 20+ ee every 5 levels until 30, then every 10 levels.

High levels (45-71)

Armor: Most Expensive: Any Scale, Leather / Plate, Chain with 30+ Str / 30+ Dex / 30+ Intelligence, Heal Mastery, 55+ Str, 55+ Dex, 200+ ee, an assortment of those with max mana intelligence, heal mastery and mana per kill / mana per attack.

Budget: Any Scale, Leather / Plate, Chain with 40+ str or 45+ dex, 100+ee, if you can snag those secondary mods for cheap then that’s great.

Offensive Charm: Most Expensive: Any charm available to your class with 30+ Str / 30+ Dex / 30+ Intelligence, Heal Mastery, 55+ Str, 55+ Dex, an assortment of those with max mana, intelligence, heal mastery and mana per kill / mana per attack.

Budget: Any charm available to your class with 40+ str, 45+ dex, if you can snag those secondary mods for cheap then that’s great.

Heal / Accessory Charm: Most Expensive: Any charm available to your class with 180+ ee, upgrade 20+ ee at level 50 or 55.

Budget: 90+ ee per level, (optional) upgrade roughly 20+ ee at level 50 and then at level 55, or just at level 55

Weapon: Most Expensive: 180+ ee at 45, upgrade about 20+ ee at 50 or 55

Budget: 100+ ee per level, (optional) upgrade roughly 20+ ee at level 50 and then at level 55, or just at level 55

Conclusion

You’re going to want to kill mobs and use your heal charm whenever you get low on health. You should be able to chain 15+ with good gear at the high levels and 8+ with mediocre gear. It’s also great for catacombs. A couple of hybrids can make a replacement for a healer and kill faster with the added damage. I hope you enjoyed this guide. I know I missed a few points but I think I got all of the main overall points down. Feel free to PM me any questions you have about the build and I will try to answer your question. :)
Gold: 1,201.66
Feb 13 2010 02:05am
Excellent guide mate. You definitely covered a lot of the really basic points of gear allotment that most people glaze over when giving a quick hybrid run-down.

I will definitely be linking people to this in the future :) very well written and concise as well, there was no beating around the bush here ^_^ if I had a stamp of approval I'd totally pop it on here
Gold: 0.20
Feb 13 2010 05:43pm
pro guide
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 100%
Feb 14 2010 03:54pm
thanks for a guide
Gold: 8,697.38
Feb 14 2010 04:35pm
Excellent guide...

I tried to read over it like 2-3 times... found it concise... but I personally do not like the layout... maybe it is readability issues... not sure.

I also think you should break it down a fraction more between levels 1-15:

1-5... Allocate stats to meet the requirements that you are intending to reach.
... Items are basically pure melee for this stage... Arena from this level to level 5 and then re-equip at that level

5-X (this is random based on the catacomb run... it could be fast as in reaching level 7 or slow reaching level 9-11)
... Items... dependent on what is available... I personally go for base dmg and good to great healing...
... thus... ee/mana weapon ... mana Robe (or str / dex / int robe whichever I have available)... main charm mana (stat str/dex if going more dmg)... Acc 50%+ ee level 5 healing charm

10-15 (this again is random based on whether you are cata running or arena)

On another note... I know that I am different from others... but I believe that if a person is wanting to gain proficiencies in casting... low level casting is a good starter.. .and doing this in Arena will benefit the person easily... I do this from level 1-15 in arena if (IF) I am not trying to pass GPs with a guild member... then I will go catacombs and melee/heal...

The easiest setup and possibly the cheapest that gives a person comfortable playing time is this:

Weapon: Best enhanced effect possible to budget
Armor: 20+ Strength minimum (note: I use 21 str from level 15 to 50... then only 29 str from there)
Main Charm: Int/mana from levels 10-35 and then HM (35 minimum) from there on... I know there are better.. .but this does the trick.
Acc Charm: Best EE as possible... personally no less than 95% (even though I use 87% @ level 55)

At levels of 50-55... I personally use 33% HM robe with no stats.... I still do good dmg.

The stats are subject to the character class starting.
Please note... this was for my monk and now that I am a Ninja... I use the same stat setup when I am not going full melee

Excellent guide... I just added a basic...

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 14 2010 04:35pm
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll