d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > -=pattons V/t Version 2.0 =- > Less noobish this time, I promise.
Prev13456724Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.25
Mar 30 2005 08:47am
As many vt guides out there, this one is no better than any other. This built is really one of teh hardest to make in d2 because ur skill points/stats depend on equipment. Here's my built:

20 fanat
20 holy shield
4 conviction
10 foh
10 holy shock
15 smite
1 charge... no more, its only to get closer faster. Final. Its not a charger, and skill points are way too precious in this built.

something like that. morotsjos once said to me that while using grief, it could be possible to save some point of smite damage into more foh damage. When using Astreons (which was really nice b4 Grief), fanat points were really important, but now grief's damage is just too much... really. My built is a little more towards smite, so now with grief I kill sorc with often 1 charge / 1-2 smite. Barbs arent a problem because most barbs don't consider the smiter as a caster (which they should). Barbs using ss don't have enuff damage to outcome smite with grief. The only dangerous ones are 2h wwers and dual wielding botd/beast or grief/beast. These can really mess up a smiter, but I rarely see this kind duel my smiter.

Concerning conviction, why can't we put more points in it to get higher foh damage? The objective is to force lite resistance stackin, so I suppose higher convition will force more stacking, no? Explain me this, I'm confused...

As for gear, I use GA. Bm? I dont really care, mods are damn nice. I never considered elite enigma, but i think it can give something like 300-400 more life cause of the str points economy. vs barbs and windies I use pul Shaft + dungos + coa, which tops 50% dam reduce.

Cham-Um coa «---- my choice. Second comes ber/um shako
Uped Ga
Grief Zerker 40 ias
Bloodfists
Eth treks / waterwalks vs fire dam
Dungos / t gods
2 bks / 1 dwarf / 1 wisp / ravens...
Uped, umed Hoz... if u dont have resists problems you can put anything else other than um... dunno what, u tell me
Maras / Highlords vs lite dam
cta / spirit on switch

And concerning weapon, on ladder, best thing is 40ias Grief Zerker + bloodfists. Teh range 3 is really awesome. No barb can try to outrange you with a range 3 weapon, so they are pretty much toasted. Also, not alot of other smiters use range 3 weapons so in smiter vs smiter you will most likely win. Also I heard that with a higher range weapon ur charge as more sucess of landing... dunno why.

This post was edited by ratzel on Mar 30 2005 08:53am
Gold: 0.74
Warn: 10%
Mar 30 2005 10:23am
QUOTE (KrAyZi3xSiNx2o6 @ Mar 30 2005, 02:43 AM)
QUOTE (shamackdude @ Mar 29 2005, 07:12 AM)
QUOTE (WiZ[exile)
,Mar 28 2005, 06:26 AM]
QUOTE (morotsjos @ Mar 27 2005, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (WiZ[exile)
,Mar 27 2005, 06:49 AM]
QUOTE (GeneralPattonJr @ Mar 26 2005, 07:52 PM)
V/T = bm in clan duels
which means you can only use v/t in pub duels. pub = no rules = bm.
therefore
its not bm to use absorb in pub duels because there are no rules in pub.

I've dueled almost every clan on east from running into their member in random games then heading to a pub. No ones ever even made mention about a v/t being bm. And even if it was, I'd say a good 75% of the people in public duels will duel you good mannered if you ask them too. Plus this build can out-bm any other build out there, so anyone picking a fight by BMing a v/t is just plain stupid.

Foh is bm in clan pk.. v/t is half foh, therefore v/t = bm. Unless over on East its different.

WTF is that for retarded noob-rules? Does all westies who duel in clan duels (whatever that is) suck so hard that they cant beat a shitty foher? I cant believe that really...

Naw its bm in clan duels on WEST.. trust me im in one of the top 5 clans on WEST... foh is bm since conviction, don't bitch at me I didn't make up the rules dry.gif

i dont kno y would private pk west would say conv = bm -.-, on west we can stack up resist so ez wit those fcr rings and wizzies and duels are alway in nm ~~ i dont think conv would cause much problem.

offle our realm uses gloves that aren't of ment to be in the game but cry about conviction laugh.gif

cuz our realm is gay and nub like that -.-
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 30 2005 11:03am
nice guide, i'd like to v/t spar with you once HunterThompson gets up to a decent level. blink.gif. your dueling analysis is quite well done. PM me and ill catch you online sometime:P
Gold: 1.06
Mar 31 2005 05:46am
haha u say some funny things in here:P
great guide btw
Gold: 0.01
Apr 2 2005 08:16am
QUOTE (basketbawler @ Mar 31 2005, 11:46 AM)
haha u say some funny things in here:P
great guide btw

thank you
Gold: 0.01
Apr 4 2005 11:54am
QUOTE (mrpink @ Mar 30 2005, 05:03 PM)
nice guide, i'd like to v/t spar with you once HunterThompson gets up to a decent level. blink.gif. your dueling analysis is quite well done. PM me and ill catch you online sometime:P

okey dokey
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2005 07:58am
there that v/ts can use. Redeemers, Dooms, I've even seen +3 foh caddys made into beasts (I wouldnt recommend that). Toy around with stuff untill you get a feel for what you like. And Deadly Strike does NOT work with smite. I wasted 5 Lo runes on that because I'm a moron. Botds arent really that great, the only things that help are the +stats and the ias (well..the pretty poison nova too). I've seen a 4xBer 2xUm zerker, a griz caddy loaded with Ums, one with Bers. Crushing Blow and Open Wounds are your two most imporatant factor when picking a smiting weapon. For FOH, its +skills (duh). I would advise against facets, however, because that spot can be holding a valuable rune with ias, resist, cb, ow, or even FHR
Gold: 59.59
Apr 5 2005 10:11am
never put more than 1 pt in conviction!

easily absorbable
Banned
Gold: 1.42
Apr 6 2005 07:11am
im gonna make one now i like the whole griffons is for fucks thing stopped me from making a bad mistake

good guide uncle
Banned
Gold: 27.65
Warn: 100%
Apr 6 2005 07:48am
rematch ^^
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev13456724Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll