d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > The Complete Noob's Guide To Making Fg > How To Win On Hardcore
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.20
Feb 5 2010 03:06pm
The purpose of this mini-guide is to clearly define a path for beginners to make fg playing LS. I call it a mini-guide because it will contain concise information, in as brief TL;DR as possible. You will learn the basics about items, the current economy, and even a little about skills! I write this from a hardcore perspective, but softcore players might learn a lot, too!

I. The Marketplace
II. Bread and Butter
III. Meat and Potatoes
IV. Skills That Pay the Bills

I. The Marketplace, in the 10 items or less lane

The in-game marketplace is where you go to make your first coinage. The trading forums are nice, but more oriented towards big ticket items, and specific iso's.
Here, you can sell 10 items at a time (per account.) It is prudent to keep this 10 item allotment filled up daily. This will ensure a constant trickle of fg.
Remember that the item fee is applied AFTER the sale (Unless it's 20fg or more, then it is pre-pay.)

II. Bread and Butter

Here I circled low level glyphables, mutes, a low low durability tier I fishing rod, and showing is a "useable" tier III axe I might have to reduce again before it sells.

Knowing what items to sell is the key to success. Because you can only post 10 at a time, you don't want to slow things down by posting something nobody wants.
The following is a list of items that will usually sell for 1-5fg. If you want to pinch pennies, you can start high, and each day, reduce the price until someone bites!

Arcane prefix items, especially t1. These are muteable AND glyphable.
Exp gain items, glyphable
Big Life Fish stacks, not as good as
Mana Fish stacks, your best bet!
"Useable" gear (tier III or better items with useful mods like Strength, Max Life, Enhanced Effect, Life per Kill. These are also glyphable.)
Comfreys. Mana comfreys are more valuable, and remember to suffusence them if they are tier I!
Heavies. A lot of heavies just get bought, even if they don't have cool mods. Usually tier III or higher, though.
Essences. Hard to make higher ones, but even stacks of magical tier I's can get you a few fg.

III. Meat and Potatoes

Disclaimer: Educate yourself on the forum rules and etiquette!
Even when your marketplace is at the limit, you can put as many items up as you want for 20fg or more. Keep in mind this is when the fee is pre-pay.
If the item doesn't sell, you don't get the pre-pay fee back. So, know what people want! This is when using the trading forums are very useful. See what people are
in search of, and post your items in a For Trade thread. Be specific and detailed in your topics and descriptions.
Use the price check subforums for items you aren't sure about. Be wary that people might undervalue your item slightly,
so you can post a little higher, and bring the price down each day if it doesn't sell.
But they are always honest if it's a peice of crap!

Potions. These sell for 20-100fg for an average of 50fg. Look for strength, dexterity, or intelligence potions, these are most valuable!
Totems. RARE AS HEN'S TEETH! If you snipe one, you may feel compelled to post it in the trade forums immediately.
High Enhanced Effect Weapons, Charms, and Armors. Seek a price check, or keep it for yourself and future class. +50% or greater.
High Stat Items. Intelligence, Strength, Dexterity, on anything. Seek a price check! +20 or greater.
Heal Mastery Gear. +30% or greater is desired.
Fishing Rods. Splintereds might sell for 20fg if the durability is greater than +20. Magical pines and higher will sell for more!

IV. Skills that Pay the Bills

Included are links to corresponding guides!

Glyphing
Even rank Zero glyphs can yield a few coins! Look for the following mods on your glyphable items:
Max Life
Life or Mana per Kill
Experience Gain
Intelligence
Strength
Dexterity
And glyphs with many mods in one (arcane+)

Transmutation
Muting useable items isn't possible without a lot of work! You need a high rank to make tier III items and higher.
You can, however, pump out a few fg making essences. Check the marketplace and undersell the competition!
Essence making is frustrating! An arcane mute can turn out to be magical. I don't recommend this skill for noobs.

Fishing
This is one of the most popular skills to train. And it has immediately useful results. Stack up your fish seperately. Keep four stacks, a high-yield life and mana
stack (meaning, for sardines, 40+ on the fish,) and a junk pile for each as well. Don't stack life and mana fish together, this reduces the effectiveness of the
fish when they are averaged together. Starting out, you don't even need to invest in a rod. As you gain ranks, you will want to invest in a rod.
Mana fish stacks are highly sellable on the marketplace! Don't forget to go the extra mile, you can cook them to double the value.

Suffusencing
I don't recommend this for new-comers. The rank zero benefits applied to fish and comfreys are only 20-40%
I, personally, have put weeks of work into it, and can more than double the healing of a tier I comfrey. Down the road I look forward to doubling the
effectiveness of higher level fish and comfreys. Imagine not needing a healer in the catacombs because you have a stack of 100 tuna!

Gold: 219.26
Feb 5 2010 03:09pm
very nice guide jeff, hope some1 reads it and appreciates it
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Feb 5 2010 03:13pm
I Like this Part "you can sell 10 items at a time (per account.)"
Gold: 10,176.60
Feb 5 2010 03:14pm
]nice guide
Gold: 4,678.00
Feb 5 2010 03:19pm
Too tired to read atm but since it looks like you put alot of effort into this I am going to track it and read it later.
Gold: 2,778.00
Feb 5 2010 03:20pm
cool guide hehe ;)
Gold: 33,836.87
Feb 5 2010 03:25pm
Pretty pictures and nice formatting, but not much substance IMO.
Przy's is much more effective: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=32190773&f=272

What I see that would greatly enhance your section would be to state what mods & percentages per tier are sought out to sell on MP. If I were a noob, I still wouldn't know wth to look for with your guide. The statement "High Stat Items. Intelligence, Strength, Dexterity, on anything. Seek a price check! +20 or greater." is rather vague. Ppl still don't know wth to keep or look for after reading your guide.

A couple additions and it will make this quite nice.
Gold: 2,992.30
Feb 5 2010 03:28pm
Quote (Stok3d @ Feb 5 2010 02:25pm)
Przy's is much more effective:  http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=32190773&f=272

What I see that would greatly enhance your section would be to state what mods & percentages per tier are sought out to sell on MP.  If I were a noob, I still wouldn't know wth to look for with your guide.  The statement "High Stat Items. Intelligence, Strength, Dexterity, on anything. Seek a price check! +20 or greater." is rather vague.  Ppl still don't know wth to keep or look for after reading your guide.

Agreed.

Could also add some information for people like, NaRa who buy 1 fg per item.

Could add stuff like that. Other than than pretty nice...
Gold: 35.78
Feb 5 2010 03:52pm
Quote (Stok3d @ Feb 5 2010 04:25pm)
Przy's is much more effective:  http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=32190773&f=272

What I see that would greatly enhance your section would be to state what mods & percentages per tier are sought out to sell on MP.  If I were a noob, I still wouldn't know wth to look for with your guide.  The statement "High Stat Items. Intelligence, Strength, Dexterity, on anything. Seek a price check! +20 or greater." is rather vague.  Ppl still don't know wth to keep or look for after reading your guide.

Przy's is not focused on hardcore mp ;)

Nice guide Jeff!

This post was edited by implite on Feb 5 2010 03:54pm
Gold: 2,915.00
Feb 5 2010 05:21pm
It`s very nice guide I remember doing this when I`ve started HC ;)
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll