d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Browser Games > Neopets > Stock Market Guide > Rags To Riches
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,062.00
Jan 26 2010 10:53pm
As you know, I currently have one of the most viewed and replied Neopets topic on jsp and definitely the biggest stock market one.
I also used to be part of the council of the most prestigious Stock Market Guild on Neopets for some time.
Anyways, I decided to make a guide to help everyone out around here.

This is brought to you by Wutswrong@jsp. All of this was completed by me without any sort of help.

Stock Market Guide

Part I - Basics
Part II - Starting out
Part III - Strategies
Part IV - Conclusion

I. Basics

What is the Stock Market?
- It is where players around Neopets buys and takes active part in bond and stocks sales.
It is an easy and profitable game in Neopets which can effectively return you 400%-500% profits on average if played correctly.
It is not for the poor man or the impatient, so be armed with both money and some cup of hot chocolate before playing!

What's so good about it?
- It is a very easy way to compile wealth without doing much work. It takes patience, but the reward is fruitful.

Does it cost neopoints to play?
- Yes. If you are more of a poor player, you should play games to get at least 100k before starting out. It may cost more depending on what strategy you adopt.

How does it work?
- A player purchases a stock at a certain price and just simply waits for the stock to raise in price.
Your stocks are kept in your portfolio and you can check your total profits/losses and keep track of them as they fluctuate.
It does not require a lot of effort and it is simply the easiest way to become massively rich on Neopets.

How do I play?
- The Stock Market is a game which never ends. Once you begin investing neopoints into the Stock Market, prices on each stock
will continue to fluctuate even if you are logged off. It isn't very interesting to watch, and it's there for the sole purpose of
easy profits and pride.

How do I purchase stocks?
- Go to the stock home page, and simple click on Buy. Nigel will ask which stock you wish to buy.
Click "List of stocks" for the list of all the stocks. Then click on the stock name.
Put the desired amount of stocks you wish to purchase, and voila!

Where does this money go?
- Your neopoints are poured into the Stock Market, which stores your neopoints. It's like putting it in a bank,
except the value of your Stocks may increase or decrease. Just like the bank, it cannot be stolen in anyway.
Your money is safe with Nigel the Chia.

How can I view my Stocks?
- Your Portfolio of all stocks you own can be seen under "My Portfolio".
Transactions however, are not saved.

What do these numbers mean in my portfolio?
- For purchased Stocks, the number on the left indicates the amount you paid per each stock.
The number directly adjacent indicates its current market worth.
The percentage is the total profits you are looking at.

How do I sell my Stocks?
- Simply click on the triangle next to your stock and all the stocks you own of that company will be displayed.
Type in the amount you wish to sell, and click sell.
Nigel will take away 20 neopoints as a transaction fee.

What is volume?
- The amount of stocks traded by players around the world that day.
This includes buying and selling.
You will notice that stocks worth 15 neopoints per share will have the most volume.

My Stock/Shares went down!
- Yes. It happens. Just wait, and it'll go back up.

You mean the value on these stocks are based on luck?
- Yep. The Neopets stock market are pure luck.
If you receive a message from Nigel to purchase a certain stock,don't.

I heard the Stock Market can crash. Is it true?
- Absolutely. Any of the companies can go out of business without warning.
But don't fret, this hasn't happened in almost 3 years. Crashes are seldom if they
ever crash anymore.

II. Starting out

Here are some list of basic rules that'll help maximize your profits and help you master the Stock Market Game.

Rule #1 - Buy 1000 stocks everyday
As simple as that. Make sure this is the first thing you do everyday.
Don't have the money? Play some games. Buying 1000 a day is a must.

Rule #2 - Buy stocks at 15 per. 16 at max
By purchasing 1000 stocks at the lowest price possible, you will be maximizing your earnings when you sell them.
Unfortunately, Neopets doesn't allow the purchase of any stocks worth less than 15 neopoints per.
If you're trying to buy and none of the stocks are at 15 or 16, just wait 30 minutes and try again.

Rule #3 - Don't divide up the stocks when purchasing
Buy 1000 of the same stocks (If you see 2 stocks at 15 each, don't split 500/500)
You'll be more organized and it'll be simple for you when selling.

Questions to ask yourself before you start playing
I. How much Neopoints do I have?
Although it may sound silly, this is an extremely important question. There are different preferences but here are the solid some set points.

- Under 100k neopoints
Sell when stock rises to about 30-40 per

- 100k-1 mil
Sell when stock rises to about 40-55 per

- 1 mil - 3mil
Sell when stock rises to about 60-75 per

-3 mil +
Sell when stock rises to about 80-100 per

After that, it's really your choice. I personally sell around 90-100.

II. Will I be dedicated to spending 15k everyday?
If you don't like to play games or restock, you will find out that the Stock Market will take away abundant sums of cash.
Make sure you have enough to keep up with 15k Neopoints everyday along with personal purchases.

III. So that means I'll be rich soon, right?
No, No, No!!! The stock market requires more patience than anything else in the game.
You'll have to wait weeks, and even months to see some decent profits.
If you do not have the patience, I suggest you stick to restocking or games.

III. Strategies

1. Hold Selling
This is a popular strategy mainly used by rich stock market investors who own hundreds of thousands of stocks (like me!)
Because I have millions of NPs, I tend to sell at 80+. And when these stocks usually hit these prices, I have approximately 10k+ stocks of these.
Instead of selling all 10k stocks for 80fg (800k NPs), I sell about 5-7k of these stocks, and save 5-3k.
"Why would I do that?" You may ask.
What if these stocks were to hit 100+?
Or even 200+?
Or even 500+?
You would be kicking yourself in the butt afterwards. Now, it happens RARELY, so I don't suggest this if you need the cash right away.
But if you are rich enough and willing to take this risk, it's well worth it.

2. Hyperstocking
This is a popular strategy for both the poor and the rich, but it's mainly used by poor stock holders in hope to strike rich.
Instead of spreading out your stocks all throughout the market, a buyer repeatedly buys the same stock.
i.e)Instead of having 2k in FAER, 3k in EEEEE, and 2k in NATN, one may invest all 7k stocks in PEOP (at 15 per of course)
And if PEOP rises, BINGO!!! You have your cash!
This obviously has clear advantages, and I personally dislike this strategy, but you may feel free to do so if you feel lucky.

3. Playing the market (Big risk)
This is by far my least favorite strategy and the most dangerous, but it has proven to give MASSIVE profits if played right.
What is this? It's investing in stocks that are worth 300+.
Because their worth is so great, the fluctations are massive. In a day, you can end up buying 1k stocks for 300 per, and sell at 330 per within an hour's time.
That's an easy 30k profit. But of course, it has HUGE risks, and it's definitely not for the poor.
I don't recommend it, but if you need cash within a short period of time, this can be the answer.

IV. Conclusion

Here are some rules EVERYONE should follow ALL THE TIME....

1. Don't ever ever ever ever ever sell at a loss.
Let's say you bought 1k stocks for 15 per, and 2 days later, you needed quick neopoints for a trade.
Unfortunately, this stock is now only at 13 per. Then guess what...
DON'T SELL IT.
Play a game. Sell an item. But for heaven's sake don't sell it.

2. Keep your patience.
Stock market can be the easiest, yet the most frustrating game on Neopets.
Either you rip your hair, or replace them with the easy NPs you can earn from it.
Again, it could takes hours or months before your stocks start to see 30+

3. Don't think short term.
By spending 15k a day on stocks, you are losing tons of NPs.
But you are effectively earning your self 400% profits on average in the long run.
It's worth it.

4. Find out the patterns
After playing with the stocks for months and years, you will be able to notice a pattern.
"Will this stock hit 60 or fall back to 30?" "Should I sell now?"
Although the stock market on Neopets is completely random, the patterns are not.
Figure it out, and you do your own research.

This should get you going on your new Stock Market adventure.
Feel free to pm me with any questions.
Have fun, and good luck on your adventure.

This post was edited by Wutswrong on Jan 26 2010 11:03pm
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jan 26 2010 11:10pm
Great guild. Could you post or message me about POWR?
Feb 4 2010 09:22pm
Quote (purplehaze123 @ Jan 26 2010 10:10pm)
Great guild. Could you post or message me about POWR?

Replied :)

Also, most questions can be answered by checking out the guide
Gold: 0.00
Feb 7 2010 08:35am
thanks for guide
Feb 16 2010 12:27pm
Quote (GodFollower @ Feb 16 2010 11:23am)
Just an idea, but you may want to add a few links to your guide.

http://www.neopets.com/stockmarket.phtml?type=list&bargain=true-Lists the stocks in order from lowest price.

http://www.neodaq.com/charts/ReportCard.php-Stock report card-Gives data regarding the history of the stocks.

Thanks GodFollower ^_^
Gold: 100.00
Feb 22 2010 06:41pm
nice guide
Gold: 62,458.83
Mar 14 2010 03:53pm
Nice guide, very good advice. Should be sticky :D .
Gold: 32,090.31
Mar 14 2010 09:06pm
Lol, I remember when you made me pay 100 fg for this :rofl:
Gold: 517.00
May 4 2010 08:02pm
Quote (eXpLegend @ Mar 14 2010 04:53pm)
Nice guide, very good advice. Should be sticky :D .

100% agree
Gold: 45.33
May 7 2010 03:38am
is the market only trading certain hours or what?
Go Back To Neopets Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll