d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions > Signature Size > Maximum Filesize Shold Be Bigger
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,505.00
Jan 19 2010 03:58pm
I just got a PM about my signature's filesize being too big. This site is dedicated to trading on games. If your internet sucks so bad you can't load my signature, you probably can't play games, and therefore probably aren't a member of this site.

I think that the size restrictions(not dimensions, but bytes) are rediculous. I understand keeping the dimensions to a certain size, but seriously, I think there needs to be an update of the filesize restrictions.

This is my signature:

Does anyone have any problems with it?

Edit: Sorry for the spelling error in title description.

This post was edited by Nethran on Jan 19 2010 04:02pm
Gold: 555.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 19 2010 04:16pm
i feel what ur saying i think if we can get a bigger diameter i.e. 450-500 x 150-200.. nvm the size that can be managed or they can bring it up a little like 250k maybe but ya i think sig sizes should be altered

... i got a pm for my sig too but fixed, had a way better sig than the one i got now :(
Gold: 4,079.61
Jan 19 2010 04:21pm
The limit is fine how it is, no need to change it in my opinion.

You can use this also:

Code
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/zlajbp.jpg[/IMG]

Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jan 19 2010 04:59pm
If everybody gets their sig higher, then it's gonna overcharge the website.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 5.00
Jan 19 2010 05:10pm
No need. The way to make your signature/ava smaller in kB size is proper exporting. You can always request it on Graphic Request Forum. In 99% cases you don`t even have to pay for it. It`s much better solution than having the site overloaded when it`s not necessary. I think we all like to do the stuff quickly these days, don´t we?

Here`s your image (~60kB)

Gold: 3,505.00
Jan 19 2010 07:40pm
Quote (Spark3399 @ Jan 19 2010 06:10pm)
No need. The way to make your signature/ava smaller in kB size is proper exporting. You can always request it on Graphic Request Forum. In 99% cases you don`t even have to pay for it. It`s much better solution than having the site overloaded when it`s not necessary. I think we all like to do the stuff quickly these days, don´t we?

Here`s your image (~60kB)

http://i46.tinypic.com/a5ew5j.jpg

I can do my own graphics work, that's not the issue for me. I have all of my sigs I've ever made myself saved as high-res png images, because I like the resolution and this is the only site that seems to care about it. I resized the one I have now because it was too big and I felt that it was fine and loaded pretty fast. It seems to me that the reason for the size restriction is probably for animated signatures, to make sure someone doesn't get themselves a 30 second movie clip and make a gif sig out of it. But a single frame image that meets the dimensional requirements?

By the way, Texto, I doubt the website can be "overcharged" with high-res signatures, unless every person decides to host them in their picture gallery. By hosting them at imageshack, photobucket, tinypic, and other websites, the only thing that gets saved to jsp is the image code; not the image itself.

The dimension requirements are for making sure newbs don't get full page sigs, which I have seen people try to do since I've been here, or have sigs that bog down people's computers and make them spend more time than should be necessary loading the page before they can actually interact with the site. I don't believe that my signature hampers anyone's surfing ability. I don't think a full page of replies featuring signatures of my filesize from all different people would hamper anyone's browsing. I believe that most people that get on the internet these days have better internet than that, especially people who use gaming forums such as this. The filesize restriction is outdated.

Gold: 379,659.69
Jan 19 2010 08:40pm
Every post you make shows your signature, so you take your 111kb signature and multiply that by all the posts you've made and it starts to add up. This will most likely affect site load.

70kb is a reasonable amount, and there is no need for it to be increased.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll