d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Encouraging Word Of The Day! #6 > Come And Share Some Scriptures
123Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 5,413.90
Trader: Trusted
Dec 16 2009 09:17am
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Ephesians 2:8

(context)
Ephesians 2

Made Alive with Christ
1 Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins.2 You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil—the commander of the powers in the unseen world.* He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God.3 All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God's anger, just like everyone else.
4 But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much,5 that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's grace that you have been saved!)6 For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus.7 So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus.
8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God.9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.10 For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Oneness and Peace in Christ
11 Don't forget that you Gentiles used to be outsiders. You were called "uncircumcised heathens" by the Jews, who were proud of their circumcision, even though it affected only their bodies and not their hearts.12 In those days you were living apart from Christ. You were excluded from citizenship among the people of Israel, and you did not know the covenant promises God had made to them. You lived in this world without God and without hope.13 But now you have been united with Christ Jesus. Once you were far away from God, but now you have been brought near to him through the blood of Christ.
14 For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us.15 He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups.16 Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death on the cross, and our hostility toward each other was put to death.
17 He brought this Good News of peace to you Gentiles who were far away from him, and peace to the Jews who were near.18 Now all of us can come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us.

A Temple for the Lord
19 So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God's holy people. You are members of God's family.20 Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself.21 We are carefully joined together in him, becoming a holy temple for the Lord.22 Through him you Gentiles are also being made part of this dwelling where God lives by his Spirit.

Have a blessed day. :)

If any one needs prayer just post here with your name we'll do it.

This post was edited by lilmanguy24 on Dec 16 2009 09:27am
Gold: 2,047.00
Dec 16 2009 09:21am
The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:
(Psalm 146:8)

KJV

Psalm 146
Praise for the LORD's Righteous Acts
1 Praise ye the LORD.

Praise the LORD, O my soul.
2 While I live will I praise the LORD:

I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3 Put not your trust in princes,

nor in the son of man,
in whom there is no help.
4 His breath goeth forth,

he returneth to his earth;
in that very day his thoughts perish.
5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help,

whose hope is in the LORD his God:
6 which made heaven, and earth,

the sea, and all that therein is:
which keepeth truth for ever:
7 which executeth judgment for the oppressed:

which giveth food to the hungry.
The LORD looseth the prisoners:
8 the LORD openeth the eyes of the blind:

the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down:
the LORD loveth the righteous:
9 the LORD preserveth the strangers;

he relieveth the fatherless and widow:
but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.
10 The LORD shall reign for ever,

even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations.
Praise ye the LORD.

I <3 Psalms

This post was edited by xnatex21 on Dec 16 2009 09:36am
Dec 16 2009 09:24am
Quote (xnatex21 @ Dec 16 2009 09:21am)
The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:

i like this one as well my friend ;)

if you would like to add some context you sure can.

This post was edited by lilmanguy24 on Dec 16 2009 09:25am
Dec 16 2009 09:41am
Quote (xnatex21 @ Dec 16 2009 09:21am)
KJV
Psalm 146
Praise for the LORD's Righteous Acts
1  Praise ye the LORD.

Praise the LORD, O my soul.
2  While I live will I praise the LORD:

I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3  Put not your trust in princes,

nor in the son of man,
in whom there is no help.
4  His breath goeth forth,

he returneth to his earth;
in that very day his thoughts perish.
5  Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help,

whose hope is in the LORD his God:
6  which made heaven, and earth,

the sea, and all that therein is:
which keepeth truth for ever:
7  which executeth judgment for the oppressed:

which giveth food to the hungry.
The LORD looseth the prisoners:
8  the LORD openeth the eyes of the blind:

the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down:
the LORD loveth the righteous:
9  the LORD preserveth the strangers;

he relieveth the fatherless and widow:
but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.
10  The LORD shall reign for ever,

even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations.
Praise ye the LORD.

I <3 Psalms

wow, great scripture thanks alot for it!
Gold: 515.11
Dec 16 2009 09:42am
Quote (lilmanguy24 @ Dec 16 2009 10:41am)
wow, great scripture thanks alot for it!

I remember when I forgot how to use the edit function.
Gold: 678.00
Dec 16 2009 10:26am
why are you spewing your nonsense to a bunch of agnostics/atheists/non-christians...?

go sit your ass in some church.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Dec 16 2009 01:35pm
Last three guys who posted: please do not spam these topics further. He has permisison to post these on a daily basis and they are meant to provide a positive space for religious discussion. Keep it positive, thanks :)
Gold: 40.42
Dec 16 2009 01:37pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ 16 Dec 2009 14:35)
Last three guys who posted: please do not spam these topics further. He has permisison to post these on a daily basis and they are meant to provide a positive space for religious discussion. Keep it positive, thanks :)

While I understand the desire for a positive discussion, is a new thread a day really appropriate in such a slow subforum? There are currently four of these topics on the main page.

You can see how some folks would consider this to be kinda spam-like, even if the guy does have permission. :( Can't we change it to the encouraging word of the week or something?
Gold: 233.00
Dec 16 2009 01:38pm
Quote (infinitesimal @ Dec 16 2009 05:00pm)

Stick to one multi, recursion.

A lie cannot live.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

This post was edited by Jazz_Thing on Dec 16 2009 01:40pm
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic