d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Official Mass Effect 2 Discussion Thread
123141Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,819.09
Nov 25 2009 02:10pm
This thread is for news about Mass Effect 2 and a countdown to the games release on January 26th in North America, and January 29th in Europe.

Link to Officail Site : http://masseffect.bioware.com/
Link to Wiki Site : http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Wiki

Mass Effect Adept Revamped for the Second Installment

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1049370p1.html
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14235013/mass-effect-2/videos/masseffect2_trl_adept_112309.html

Quote (November 25 @ 2009)
- Electonic Arts and BioWare have shown quite a lot of Mass Effect 2 recently, but there has been one major thing we haven't had a look at: the biotic users. The Adept class, focused primarily on the biotic, non-weapon combat has been mysteriously missing from the videos and previews we've had thus far. Today, that changes. Here you'll get your first look at the Adept class in action, as well as some new details courtesy of a brief question and answer session with the lead combat designer, Christina Norman.

IGN: What was the single most important aspect of the Adept's combat that you felt needed improvement for this sequel?

Christina Norman: In ME1 we had long power cooldowns, which meant there would be periods in combat where you couldn't use your powers for a long time. For low level adepts in particular, you'd use your 1 power, and then have no powers available for a very long time.

For Mass Effect 2 we wanted the adept to be able to use his powers consistently in battle. We added a shared power cooldown system that let us dramatically lower the time between power use. As a result, even at level 1 in Mass Effect you'll be able to use powers throughout every battle. This really helps fulfill the fantasy of the adept as a biotic warrior, capable of dominating the battle primarily with his biotic powers.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14235013/mass-effect-2/videos/masseffect2_trl_adept_112309.html

See how the Adept has changed in this new trailer.A runner up for most important improvement would be our improved power mappings. Pausing to use powers is a great strategic tool, and we totally support this in Mass Effect 2. Using powers in real time is a much more visceral experience though, and I'm happy to say that in Mass Effect 2 you can play through entire missions without needing to pause once.

IGN: Some of the biotic skills from Mass Effect caused unfortunate side effects, such as enemies or players getting stuck in the environment. How have the physics of Mass Effect's combat been improved for the sequel?

Christina Norman: Mass Effect 1 was an incredibly ambitious project and we didn't get everything exactly the way we wanted it. The great thing about Mass Effect 2 is we've now had the time we needed to really work on polish and overall quality. As a result playing Mass Effect 2 will feel like a really polished experience.

IGN: Have any biotic skills been removed from the game? Have any been added?

Christina Norman: The feel of biotic powers has changed so dramatically that in a way every power has been removed and totally redone. You can precisely arc powers around corners or over cover to hit hidden enemies. The angle at which you strike enemies with powers matters now. You can knock enemies into pits, or pull them towards you to take them down with gunfire, or pull them into the air for massive falling damage. We've really improved your ability to precisely direct your powers to take down enemies.

With that said many favorites from Mass Effect 1 will return like throw, warp, lift (now called pull), and singularity. There will be new biotic powers as well like shockwave.

IGN: Are there any weapon or armor restrictions for Adepts? Is it still possible to accidentally put skill points into skills that the Adepts can't use?

Christina Norman: Putting points into armor or weapon skills was never really that fun for an adept, so we got rid of that for Mass Effect 2. As an adept, you are all about biotics, so every point you spend will improve your biotic powers without exception.

We've removed armor and weapon skills completely. You'll be able to use any armor you acquire without restriction. We've increased the variety of weapons available to the adept, now you'll be able to use submachineguns, heavy pistols, and all heavy weapons, and you'll be incredibly accurate with all of these weapons without spending points.

IGN: Will biotic skills take on new abilities as they level, or will they simply become stronger and more effective?

Christina Norman: When you max out any power you'll get to evolve it into one of two ultra-powerful versions. For example, when you evolve singularity you can choose to increase the area of effect, or duration of the singularity.

Whenever you evolve a power it will always be more than a stat change, it will be a gameplay change. We wanted evolved powers to feel different, and powerful, in comparison to unevolved versions.

IGN: I have a soldier class character from Mass Effect, but now that I've seen this Adept video I'd like to switch classes. Is that possible at the start of Mass Effect 2?

Christina Norman: The feel of the classes in Mass Effect 2 is so improved from Mass Effect 1 that we didn't think it was fair to ask players to stick with the same class. While I'm sure you'd enjoy playing a soldier in ME2, I can totally understand you wanting to try out an adept, so yes you will have the option to change your class when you import. We have a story explanation for why your abilities may have changed as well, but I can't reveal that!

Biotics look tottaly revamped, they were great in the first game look at them now.

Mass Effect 2 PC Requirements

http://pc.ign.com/articles/104/1049880p1.html

Not that bad.
Gold: 9,049.51
Nov 25 2009 02:11pm
first mass effect was amazing; can't wait for the second one to come out on the 360!
i hope you can carry your character over because my mass effect 1 character is level 58 :o
Nov 25 2009 02:16pm
Quote (sambo5 @ Nov 25 2009 03:11pm)
first mass effect was amazing; can't wait for the second one to come out on the 360!
i hope you can carry your character over because my mass effect 1 character is level 58 :o

You can carry over your character but not your level. The game will scale so if you were a higher level it will play diffrent than if you started with no ME1 save file.
Banned
Gold: 655.01
Warn: 10%
Nov 25 2009 02:25pm
8800GT :(
Nov 25 2009 02:26pm
Quote (MGS4BestGameEverMade @ Nov 25 2009 03:25pm)
8800GT :(

Thats what you have or what you need? My comp could run ME2 if I wanted it on the PC so yours is probably better than mine lol. My graphics card is the most expensive thing I have in mine though. It was 350 bucks a year and a half ago.
Banned
Nov 25 2009 02:29pm
Quote (SalvationDG @ Nov 25 2009 10:26pm)
Thats what you have or what you need? My comp could run ME2 if I wanted it on the PC so yours is probably better than mine lol. My graphics card is the most expensive thing I have in mine though. It was 350 bucks a year and a half ago.

my entire laptop was $800 last year, I run most games maxed out. inlcuding for example Dragon Age.

but 8800 GT > my card :S
Nov 25 2009 02:31pm
Quote (MGS4BestGameEverMade @ Nov 25 2009 03:29pm)
my entire laptop was $800 last year, I run most games maxed out. inlcuding for example Dragon Age.

but 8800 GT > my card :S

Can you get a new one in it?
Banned
Nov 25 2009 02:38pm
Quote (SalvationDG @ Nov 25 2009 10:31pm)
Can you get a new one in it?

Nope. But it's messed up atm, I can't turn it on, I've got some start-up problems with it :(

And since it's bought in dubai well... they sure as hell aren't gonna fix it, and I have no idea if there's a local Toshiba place to repair it.

Looks like I've lost all my gz collections :(
Nov 25 2009 02:39pm
Quote (MGS4BestGameEverMade @ Nov 25 2009 03:38pm)
Nope. But it's messed up atm, I can't turn it on, I've got some start-up problems with it :(

And since it's bought in dubai well... they sure as hell aren't gonna fix it, and I have no idea if there's a local Toshiba place to repair it.

Looks like I've lost all my gz collections :(

If you still got Daddys credit card splurge on a $2k one.

Or just take it to a rando repair shop.
Banned
Nov 25 2009 02:47pm
Quote (SalvationDG @ Nov 25 2009 10:39pm)
If you still got Daddys credit card splurge on a $2k one.

Or just take it to a rando repair shop.

if PSN sold computers I'd help my self to the best gaming rig they have LOL.

I don't have his PIN-Code, but his card is locked to my special account.
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
123141Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll