d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > General Help Archive > Guide To The Events System
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 25 2009 05:44pm
Welcome to the guide to The Event System! :)
Written by Justin.

About Events:
The Events feature of d2jsp is a feature that allows members to keep track of, and arrange, events while on the forums. It is very similar to the 'My Calendar' feature located in your Profile, only this feature can be used to schedule birthdays, anniversaries, other events that will recur every year, get-togethers, parties, etc etc. My Events can also be used to host or join services! You can also put links to your Events in your signature or profile. All events you add are converted to your timezone, and all events you view will also be adjusted automatically. You can set your timezone settings by clicking the Settings link in the top right.

Where:
To get to the start of the Events page, you must click the 'My Events' button located in the top-right of your d2jsp page.

Rules:
All of the regular d2jsp rules (except for certain trading rules) will be expected to be followed in the Events section of the forums. Failure to comply with the rules can result in punishment.
To use a MEDIATOR for any service, you will need to make an event and request through there.
And as posted above, you CAN advertise your own Events in your signatures or profiles.

If you are interested in learning more about, and about to use, the Events system, keep on reading! :D

My Events

Now, I will explain each of the different parts of the My Events page.

1 - Hint: This is just a little helpful hint/tip added by the Administrators of d2jsp.

2 - All Events: The 'All Events' button/link will bring you to a page that will display all of the currently running/stored Events, including your own.

3 - My Calendar Events: The 'My Calendar Events' section of the 'My Events' page will display all of your currently stored/running Events, as well as how many slots for members there are, being used, and remaining, the name of the Event, the date the Event is scheduled for, whether it is a private Event or not, whether it will recur yearly, and how many/what restrictions there are, as far as who can join the Event goes.

4 - My Subscribed Events: The 'My Subscribed Events'' section of the 'My Events' page will display all of your currently stored/running Events, as well as how many slots for members there are, being used, and remaining, the name of the Event, the date the Event is scheduled for, whether it is a private Event or not, whether it will recur yearly, and how many/what restrictions there are, as far as who can join the Event goes.

5 - Add New Event: The 'Add New Event' button will bring you, upon clicking it, to the 'Create Event' page, where you can create your new Event.

6 - Search: The 'Search' bar is where you can type in a word or phrase, and upon clicking the 'Search' button, you will be brought to a list of Events that have anything to do with the word or phrase you searched.

---

Create Event

Now, I will explain each of the different parts of the Create Event page.

1 - Event Caption: The 'Event Caption' is basically the name of the Event.

2 - Event Description: The 'Event Description' is the description of the Event, that everyone will see inside your Event.

3 - Date: The 'Date' is the date that the Event will occur on. (Day/Month/Year/Time/Etc)

4 - Private Event: Checking the 'Private Event' box will control whether or not your Event is released to the public (as opposed to only people on your Friends List).

5 - Recurring Event: Checking the 'Recurring Event' box will control whether or not your Event will happen each year (as opposed to only one time).

6 - Allow People To Join This Event: Checking 'Allow People To Join This Event' will control whether or not other members of d2jsp will be allowed to join your Event (whether it is strictly for anyone, your friends, or your guild members).

7 - Require Approval Before Join: Checking 'Require Approval Before Join' will control whether or not the member requesting to join your Event will have to be approved by you before joining the Event or not.

8 - Max # of Attendees: The number of attendees you decide should be allowed to join your Event is the amount of people that can actually join it (the maximum amount is 100 people).

9 - PM Reminders: Checking any of these 4 boxes will decide how many days before (or during) the Event will you receive a Private Message reminding you about your Event (that it is going to begin/happen).

10 - Add New Event: This is the button that will add your Event to the 'All Events' list, upon being clicked. Once you have clicked 'Add New Event', your Event will be displayed here: http://forums.d2jsp.org/events.php?a=2

11 - Search: The 'Search' bar is where you can type in a word or phrase, and upon clicking the 'Search' button, you will be brought to a list of Events that have anything to do with the word or phrase you searched.

12 - My Events: The 'My Events' button/link will bring you to a page that will display all of your currently stored Events. (There are two 'My Events' buttons/links)

13 - All Events: The 'All Events' button/link will bring you to a page that will display all of the currently running/stored Events, including your own.

---

Joining an Event

Now, I will explain each of the different parts of Joining an Event.

1 - My Events: The 'My Events' button/link will bring you to a page that will display all of your currently stored Events. (There are two 'My Events' buttons/links)

2 - All Events: The 'All Events' button/link will bring you to a page that will display all of the currently running/stored Events, including your own.

3 - Search: The 'Search' bar is where you can type in a word or phrase, and upon clicking the 'Search' button, you will be brought to a list of Events that have anything to do with the word or phrase you searched.

4 - Description: The 'Description' of the Event you are viewing, or looking to join, is a little entry the Event's creator has added to tell you more about what the Event is about.

5 - Event Details: An Event's 'Event Details' is the section of the Event's homepage that gives you all of the minor details about the Event. (Keep reading to learn more about the different details of an Event)

6 - Members (#/#): An Event's number of members out of the number of possible members is a fraction that tells you how many members have already joined the Event, and how many more members can join the Event.

7 - Event Creator: An Event's 'Creator' is the person who created the Event.

8 - Event Restrictions: An Event's 'Restrictions' tell you which groups of people can and/or cannot join the Event.

9 - Event Date: An Event's 'Date' is the day/month/year/time that the Event is scheduled to happen on.

10 - Members (#/#): See '6 - Members (#/#)".

11 - Join Event: The 'Join Event' button is the button that, upon clicking, grants you entry to the Event OR sends in the request to join the Event (if approval is required for members to join the Event).

12 - Comments: Inside the 'Comments' box, you will see how many Comments have been posted for this Event, as well as whether or not you must be a member of the Event to post Comments (click the 'Join Event' button (see '11 - Join Event') to join the Event so that you can post Comments in it).

13 - Join Event: The 'Join Event' button is the button that, upon clicking, grants you entry to the Event OR sends in the request to join the Event (if approval is required for members to join the Event).

14 - Event Title: An Event's 'Title' is the actual name of the Event.

Once you have joined the Event, you will be directed to a confirmation page where you will be able to choose if you wish to receive a Private Message notification at various intervals for the event. (One Week Before / 3 Days Before / 1 Day Before / The Day Of). After picking which intervals you would like to be receive a PM for, you are ready to click the 'Sign Up' button, located right below the notification selection part of the confirmation page (you won't be able to miss it :P ). If you request to join an Event that requires approval before getting into the Event, you have the option to remove your join request from the list of people waiting for approval to join the Event.
If you decide you would like to leave an Event you are currently subscribed to, you simply go to your 'My Events' page, then select, under the 'My Subscribed Events' section, the Event you would like to leave, and click 'Leave Event'. Here, you can also update your PM notification wishes, as well as add Comments.

---

This post was edited by hapycmpr on Aug 25 2011 02:37am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 25 2009 05:44pm
Managing an Event

Now, I will explain each of the different parts of Managing an Event.

1 - My Events: The 'My Events' button/link will bring you to a page that will display all of your currently stored Events. (There are two 'My Events' buttons/links)

3 - Search: The 'Search' bar is where you can type in a word or phrase, and upon clicking the 'Search' button, you will be brought to a list of Events that have anything to do with the word or phrase you searched.

4 - Description (With Additional Information): The 'Description' of the Event you are viewing, or looking to join, is a little entry the Event's creator has added to tell you more about what the Event is about. The 'Event Title' above the 'Description' box is actually click-able. If you click any of the words/phrases of your Event's name, you will be redirected to a page where it will show all of the 'Search' results for the word/phrase you clicked. For example, if my Event's title is "I Love WoW", and I click "WoW", it will bring me to a Search result page that will give me all of the Events with the word, or that is related to, 'WoW'. Also, there are two little icons next to the Event's title; A 'Notepad' and an 'X'. The 'Notepad' will bring you back to the same page you were at when creating the Event, that will let you edit any of the settings and details for the Event. Clicking the 'X' will delete your Event.

5 - Event Details: An Event's 'Event Details' is the section of the Event's homepage that gives you all of the minor details about the Event. (Keep reading to learn more about the different details of an Event)

6 - Members (#/#): An Event's number of members out of the number of possible members is a fraction that tells you how many members have already joined the Event, and how many more members can join the Event.

8 - Event Restrictions: An Event's 'Restrictions' tell you which groups of people can and/or cannot join the Event.

9 - Event Date: An Event's 'Date' is the day/month/year/time that the Event is scheduled to happen on.

11 - My Event Notification Settings: Checking any of these 4 boxes, and then pressing 'Update Settings' will decide how many days before (or during) the Event will you receive a Private Message reminding you about your Event (that it is going to begin/happen).

12 - Comments: Inside the 'Comments' box, you will see how many Comments have been posted for this Event, as well as whether or not you must be a member of the Event to post Comments (click the 'Join Event' button (see '11 - Join Event') to join the Event so that you can post Comments in it).

13 - Event Creator Powers: If you create your own Event, you are given 'Administrative Powers' over the other members that choose to join it. What that means is you can choose to kick somebody from the Event's member list, as well as approve someone that is requesting to join your Event.

14 - Pending Members: The 'Pending Members' box/list is where you can see how many, and who, is wanting to join your Event. You can also choose to 'Accept' or 'Decline' any of the members looking to join your Event. If you 'Accept' them, they will now be one of the members in your Members box/list. If you 'Decline' them, they will now be removed from the list of 'Pending Members' looking to join your Event.

---

Being a Member of an Event

Now, I will explain each of the different parts of Being a Member of an Event.

4 - Description (With Additional Information): The 'Description' of the Event you are viewing, or looking to join, is a little entry the Event's creator has added to tell you more about what the Event is about. The 'Event Title' above the 'Description' box is actually click-able. If you click any of the words/phrases of your Event's name, you will be redirected to a page where it will show all of the 'Search' results for the word/phrase you clicked. For example, if my Event's title is "I Love WoW", and I click "WoW", it will bring me to a Search result page that will give me all of the Events with the word, or that is related to, 'WoW'. Also, there are two little icons next to the Event's title; A 'Notepad' and an 'X'. The 'Notepad' will bring you back to the same page you were at when creating the Event, that will let you edit any of the settings and details for the Event. Clicking the 'X' will delete your Event.

11 - My Event Notification Settings: Checking any of these 4 boxes, and then pressing 'Update Settings' will decide how many days before (or during) the Event will you receive a Private Message reminding you about your Event (that it is going to begin/happen).

If you decide you would like to leave an Event you are currently subscribed to, you simply go to your 'My Events' page, then select, under the 'My Subscribed Events' section, the Event you would like to leave, and click 'Leave Event'. Here, you can also update your PM notification wishes, as well as add Comments.

---

More information will be added to this guide as the Events system is updated (it has only just been released!). :)

This guide on the Events system has been brought to you by Shop.
Thanks for reading! :)

This post was edited by Sabine on Oct 25 2009 06:10pm
Go Back To General Help Archive Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll