d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Bowazon Guide > By Manduki.
Prev123437Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,985.11
Jun 29 2009 10:07am
Quote (manduki @ Mon, Jun 29 2009, 03:37pm)
Thank you for a proper review.

I agree, we all make mistakes and get hit by that idle hammer. However, You shouldn't die 1 hit to a non conc'd hammer at even 1.2k I think. Bugged belt on europe is a bowazon's dream with dr, skills, dex (or str or both, I can't quite recall) with 10% ias. 5.9/2k is possible on east but you'll have 0 dr. (with the fort setup). But hammerdins are the one of the easiest characters to beat using a bowazon so I don't think its much of a concern.

Hmm shadow bows would lose to gm bows though. You can still use dracs/belt with gmb with a 16060! Point of a diamond would be the minimum damage, to lower the "lottery" aspect of dueling

2k life is immaterial without dr and resists. Hence the downfall of most vitazon builds - you have more life than a glass cannon yet you have less damage and less damage reduction.

Well most of the time you will hit a conced hammer if they are jodering about, and a shadow average damage > diamond - but it also has the potential for a much larger hit. Personally I prefer the chance of large hits with a higher average damage = shadow.

Also dropping forti to 160/60 reduces the damage & resists (which cancels out any gains imo) really in euscnl because of the bb it makes forty > any other option. bb = 1 sk 10ias 20%dr 25 dex 15str 20@. its hard not to use this on a bowie if available.
Without bb available then yes I agree 160/60 + dungos or shaftstop are the only options left in any kind of melee duels.
Gold: 46.00
Jun 29 2009 10:12am
Quote (Dadster @ Mon, Jun 29 2009, 04:07pm)
Well most of the time you will hit a conced hammer if they are jodering about, and a shadow average damage > diamond - but it also has the potential for a much larger hit. Personally I prefer the chance of large hits with a higher average damage = shadow.

Also dropping forti to 160/60 reduces the damage & resists (which cancels out any gains imo) really in euscnl because of the bb it makes forty > any other option. bb = 1 sk 10ias 20%dr 25 dex 15str 20@. its hard not to use this on a bowie if available.
Without bb available then yes I agree 160/60 + dungos or shaftstop are the only options left in any kind of melee duels.

I agree with everything you said. The bow choice is merely one of preference and I also prefer high max damage.

The biggest travesty of Bnet: We had a belt similar to bb on east in 1.08 called bugged string but it was poofed along with all the other hacks.
Gold: 7.18
Warn: 100%
Jun 29 2009 10:19am
sori, but my hybrid ama>

Gold: 4,985.11
Jun 29 2009 10:24am
Quote (manduki @ Mon, Jun 29 2009, 04:12pm)
I agree with everything you said. The bow choice is merely one of preference and I also prefer high max damage.

The biggest travesty of Bnet: We had a belt similar to bb on east in 1.08 called bugged string but it was poofed along with all the other hacks.

Regardless of our personal choice - I think the guide is well done, maybe add some 'realm only items' to make it fit everyone or they will only question why you missed these 'godly bow items' ;)

And maybe options for cheaper invent - my last 5frw/3 max scs were 700fg+ each, but 3frw/3max are only 40fg !

Rings - my current gmb ring is 9 min 114ar 20str 7 dex 77 mana etc - min/max dmge is a really nice bonus & worth a lot of dex for average damage, maybe talk about this in the guide?
Mana consumption in duels with multi - 80 mana >> 30 life imo on a bowie ring.
Also you don't mention using strafe anywhere - I find this very good in certain duels, with non mb chars its deadly.
Jun 29 2009 10:44am
Quote (Dadster @ Mon, Jun 29 2009, 04:24pm)
Regardless of our personal choice - I think the guide is well done, maybe add some 'realm only items' to make it fit everyone or they will only question why you missed these 'godly bow items' ;)

And maybe options for cheaper invent - my last 5frw/3 max scs were 700fg+ each, but 3frw/3max are only 40fg !

Rings - my current gmb ring is 9 min 114ar 20str 7 dex 77 mana etc - min/max dmge is a really nice bonus & worth a lot of dex for average damage, maybe talk about this in the guide?
Mana consumption in duels with multi -  80 mana >> 30 life imo on a bowie ring.
Also you don't mention using strafe anywhere - I find this very good in certain duels, with non mb chars its deadly.

Mana consumption is indeed a big thing but only in mld I think. In hld, it is GM to use mana pots so I'd take the 40~60 life over mana (though I'd never say no to mana). In mld, I'd take 80 mana over 20 life.

I mentioned strafe in the strats vs bone necroes which is the only place where I find it useful. Some say strafe is better for druids but I'm not a fan of being locked in an animation against a character you NEED to be faster in order to survive. Do you know of any other uses for strafe other than against necroes?
Gold: 0.00
Jun 29 2009 11:16am
Incredible guide. (finally made and account on jsp just to compliment this)

I do like how you emphasize that vita zons lack the dr and resists to be as effective with the hitpoints they have. Something I've been telling vita zon's over and over. Plus without cta, one point in vita = only 3 hitpoints. So zon's get less bang for their buck with heavy investments in vita. Yet, pure glass cannons also kinda suck since most attacks do ~200 damage more then their max health (300 or so extra hitpoints allows for a zon to double their lifespan vs. these characters)

I would've liked to see your guide have more builds using a faster bow (eg. a mati faith) which allows for more versatility than the standard gmb faith. Although a mati faith lacks slightly on it's average damage, that can be made up for with a higher ow, cb (which isn't totally worthless), and survivability (by means of higher resists and dr)

Also, I find strife to be incredibly effective vs. windies. Yes you get locked in place for nearly a full second, but, thats a small price to pay to get rid of all their puppies, oak, and usually fhr lock the druid (if he's not max block that is). Multi on the other hand is more effective when he's further away, but when he closes in, it rarely hits more than 2-3 of his summons and even more rarely hits him.
Gold: 36.20
Jun 29 2009 11:22am
Quote (Vorgal @ Mon, 29 Jun 2009, 18:16)

I do like how you emphasize that vita zons lack the dr and resists to be as effective with the hitpoints they have. Something I've been telling vita zon's over and over. Plus without cta, one point in vita = only 3 hitpoints. So zon's get less bang for their buck with heavy investments in vita. Yet, pure glass cannons also kinda suck since most attacks do ~200 damage more then their max health (300 or so extra hitpoints allows for a zon to double their lifespan vs. these characters)

I would've liked to see your guide have more builds using a faster bow (eg. a mati faith) which allows for more versatility than the standard gmb faith. Although a mati faith lacks slightly on it's average damage, that can be made up for with a higher ow, cb (which isn't totally worthless), and survivability (by means of higher resists and dr)

Also, I find strife to be incredibly effective vs. windies. Yes you get locked in place for nearly a full second, but, thats a small price to pay to get rid of all their puppies, oak, and usually fhr lock the druid (if he's not max block that is). Multi on the other hand is more effective when he's further away, but when he closes in, it rarely hits more than 2-3 of his summons and even more rarely hits him.

hahaha multi comment xDD
Jun 29 2009 11:32am
Meh, part of the reason I haven't made an account here yet was because I'd get flamed about being a 'multi' or getting scammed because I'm new.

All good though, if ya want proof that i'm not the other dude I can login and show you my character. Same name as my account. (also nowhere near as good of as eq as the threadstarter)
Jun 29 2009 12:04pm
Quote (Vorgal @ Mon, Jun 29 2009, 05:16pm)

Thank you. I found that multi/pierce combo worked better against summons but I do admit I rarely use the strafe hotkey so perhaps this will be a better option once I've used it more.

Quote (qYp @ Mon, Jun 29 2009, 05:16pm)
hahaha multi comment xDD

What fool would make a multi to comment on a guide..
Jun 29 2009 12:14pm
It depends on the timing. If you multi right when they tele to a spot, the multi will hit a maximum of 4 creatures (since everything is on a 2x2 grid spot and multi maxes the arrows per square to 1 effective arrow per square/target) That's provided you pack your multi tight enough and both arrows pierce at least once. Strife on the other hand will shoot one arrow at each target (only takes one arrow for puppies/oak), which usually lets you get a second or even third shot on the windy. But, if you multi slightly after they teleport, multi will usually wipe out all their summons (since the summons will first expand out to a 4x4 grid spot allowing you to hit up to 16 targets). Strife doesn't require luck with timing, which is why I prefer using that.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123437Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll