d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive >
Poll > Ability To Close Your Own General Help Thread. > Read Before Posting.
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 11 2009 01:45am
All too often when I enter the General Help Forum to kill some time in a positive way, I see things like this: http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=30205873&f=34&st=0

After the best, sometimes obvious answer is posted(within a minute in this case), more people seem to flood in and post:
  • The exact same answer.
  • The exact same answer written a different way.
  • Spam.

This even happens hours, sometimes days after the problem is solved. Now, with this in mind I propose the following.

Give users the ability to choose the best answer by clicking a little check mark, or something of the sort. Upon clicking this, the thread would close and be free from useless posts and +1's. This would only be implemented in the General Help section of the site, and I can't think of a way for this to be abused besides making threads for two +1's.. then closing it, but that would be a bit pointless, don't you think?

Here's an example of what it could look like:

I appreciate any and all feedback, and I look forward to hearing your responses.
Gold: 0.70
Apr 11 2009 01:48am
The M++'s are bored, let them close it.

gz sry m9
Gold: 5,100.00
Apr 11 2009 01:55am
yeah that would make m++ kinda useless

anyway I don't see this happen because sometimes another user (i.e. not the topic creator) has further questions about an issue - he got curious about the topic by reading the thread
sure, he can create a new topic, but people actually prefer to reply instead of creating a new thread.

and spam is probably not a big problem of GH
Admin
Gold: 176,310.69
Trader: Trusted
Apr 11 2009 01:58am
not going to happen sorry.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll