d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Countdown To Hellfire > - A Technical Approach To The Übers
Prev13456739Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 299.18
Apr 15 2009 10:25am
Quote (xRAZORSxManu @ Wed, 15 Apr 2009, 18:54)
Hmmm, what I always asked myself, why don't use this wep:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lacerator (Unique Elite Throw-Axe)
Winged Axe

Fast attack-speed: (-10)
Range: 1
Str req: 96
Dex req: 122

30% ias
prevent monsterheal
33% ow
33% Chance to cast level 3 amplify dmg on hit
------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has additional ias (30), the prevent monster heal against ubers is also given, 33 ow (this is every 3rd hit and enough in my pnt of view) AND 33% chance to cast amplify, which DOUBLES our smite dmg.
U can 1 sox it and still have the possibility to achieve an extra mod due to a specific rune or jool (Lo for ds, um for ow, ber for cb, shael or ias jool....).

No +damage, amp overrides tap, no crushing blow, you get enought ow from dracs
=bad
Gold: 822.00
Apr 16 2009 05:17pm
^^
Gold: 1.40
Warn: 40%
Apr 16 2009 06:39pm
didnt read all of it, ur guide is nice but here is what works for me:

Ok so basically i made a hdin, and after learning about ubers i was like.. FVCK do i need to make a smighter now? then i learned about Last Wish (aptly named lol)

I use 6 or 7 (cant remember) PCOMBs, some have stats, others are plain, ur basic suggested HDIN setup... this will clear all the normal monsters but we all know no one ever cares about doing some solo uber, just killing the bosses or setting up (this char is flawless cuz it works for both)...

ur regular HDin will own (mine needs insight setup so its kind of annoying, my merc is decked out tho;; ofc its perfect for gubering)

this is the magic combo to make u INVINCIBLE *WHILE SMITING* the 3... ur mana will be 100% and so will ur HP, NO MATTER WHAT (its amazing);;

here it is
Last Wish PB (closest to max CB and max ED is the best, mine is 1% under max CB)
Nice crafted gloves, 20 IAS and 10 CB are the mods to look for, personally i use a 20 IAS, +14 dex ( i need it); and tri-res which is nice for meph (still probably completely unecessary)
and GORES, dont bother upgrading the myrmidion just sounds cooler and costs more gold to repair just for that.

Once u connect once with your shield, game over, u take no damage, u do this with all 3, and then feel free to lure meph in if u want to guber before u get ur torch.

PERSONALLY: this is a expensive setup; but in the end u have a hdin -> uberer (only thing that u cant really do is chaos and frozenstein runs)

the reason i also like this is because Every mod from LW is awesome, especially the Life Tap, which IMO, needs to be highest level possible (is that just size though i need to double check), the other mods are sexy tho.. but u get to use your HOZ which when u up it to a Zakarum shield, does 140-143 base smite shield damage (amazing);;; regular Hoz is like 40-50 tho so you have been warned;; and hoz is ur key to max block which makes it great when u get smacked up some

This post was edited by acidshaman on Apr 16 2009 06:43pm
Apr 17 2009 03:49am
Quote (acidshaman @ Fri, 17 Apr 2009, 02:39)
didnt read all of it, ur guide is nice but here is what works for me:

Ok so basically i made a hdin, and after learning about ubers i was like.. FVCK do i need to make a smighter now? then i learned about Last Wish (aptly named lol)

I use 6 or 7 (cant remember) PCOMBs, some have stats, others are plain, ur basic suggested HDIN setup... this will clear all the normal monsters but we all know no one ever cares about doing some solo uber, just killing the bosses or setting up (this char is flawless cuz it works for both)...

ur regular HDin will own (mine needs insight setup so its kind of annoying, my merc is decked out tho;; ofc its perfect for gubering)

this is the magic combo to make u INVINCIBLE *WHILE SMITING* the 3... ur mana will be 100% and so will ur HP, NO MATTER WHAT (its amazing);;

here it is
Last Wish PB (closest to max CB and max ED is the best, mine is 1% under max CB)
Nice crafted gloves, 20 IAS and 10 CB are the mods to look for, personally i use a 20 IAS, +14 dex ( i need it); and tri-res which is nice for meph (still probably completely unecessary)
and GORES, dont bother upgrading the myrmidion just sounds cooler and costs more gold to repair just for that.

Once u connect once with your shield, game over, u take no damage, u do this with all 3, and then feel free to lure meph in if u want to guber before u get ur torch.

PERSONALLY: this is a expensive setup; but in the end u have a hdin -> uberer (only thing that u cant really do is chaos and frozenstein runs)

the reason i also like this is because Every mod from LW is awesome, especially the Life Tap, which IMO, needs to be highest level possible (is that just size though i need to double check), the other mods are sexy tho.. but u get to use your HOZ which when u up it to a Zakarum shield, does 140-143 base smite shield damage (amazing);;; regular Hoz is like 40-50 tho so you have been warned;; and hoz is ur key to max block which makes it great when u get smacked up some

Now, if you read the guide, you would know this ...
  • +% ED on the weapon does not work with Smite
  • You don't need more than 65 % CB from LW
  • Life Tap doesn't need to be as high as level 18
You must have truly amazing resistances with the hammerdin setup and PC skillers.

This post was edited by Faelwen on Apr 17 2009 04:11am
Gold: 67.22
Apr 17 2009 03:52am
nice work ;)

I will probably save that
Gold: 4,234.00
Apr 17 2009 04:47am
You know ur maths i must say
Gold: 2,998.00
Apr 17 2009 10:51am
hm nice
can you write which equip is for:
- fastest ut hunter
- cheapest ut hunter

i tried lw, grief, heavenlight, with exile, zaka, treachery and forty. next ladder i want to make a very cheap smiter for ut (maybe heavens light or stormlash?), and after some weaks i wanna upgrade that with best eq. everything works, but dunno which is the fastest. and which is the cheapest, for example stormlash is better then heavens light 2 sox, what do you think?

i heard that you dont get ias from eq, only from aura and weapon. is it real? than last wish is crap?
and smite dmg.. which has better dmg, eth zaka or eth exile? and does that matters? or speed depends only on ias and cb?
what is the best weapon for finish? grief?

This post was edited by Safi on Apr 17 2009 10:53am
Apr 17 2009 11:59am
Quote (Safi @ Fri, 17 Apr 2009, 18:51)
hm nice
can you write which equip is for:
- fastest ut hunter
- cheapest ut hunter

i tried lw, grief, heavenlight, with exile, zaka, treachery and forty. next ladder i want to make a very cheap smiter for ut (maybe heavens light or stormlash?), and after some weaks i wanna upgrade that with best eq. everything works, but dunno which is the fastest. and which is the cheapest, for example stormlash is better then heavens light 2 sox, what do you think?

i heard that you dont get ias from eq, only from aura and weapon. is it real? than last wish is crap?
and smite dmg.. which has better dmg, eth zaka or eth exile? and does that matters? or speed depends only on ias and cb?
what is the best weapon for finish? grief?

I already explained which is theoretically the faster setup and that the differences are hardly visible until the end.

Cheapest ? Obviously the one requiring the least HRs. And it helps if you are not picky about unimportant, perfect stats (such as wanting a +40 % IAS Grief even though +30 % IAS provides the same speed).

Regarding Smite speed and CB, read the Smite Damage and Crushing Blow sections again.

Grief is the better choice, because it adds the greatest amount of physical damage.

This post was edited by Faelwen on Apr 17 2009 12:02pm
Apr 18 2009 05:32pm
^^
Gold: 3,475.00
Apr 18 2009 05:38pm
great job!
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev13456739Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll