d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Name The Last Movie You Watched>
Prev1191219131914191519162185Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 39,837.69
May 25 2018 07:21pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 25 2018 07:43pm)
Was just part of it. He didn't pay taxes for fucking ever (which I can never understand how the fuck rich people let this happen), and he didn't have enough to pay it all back at the time. Obviously the IRS will work with you, but he does live very lavishly and to continue that lavish life style, and pay back his debts, he just started doing dozens of absolute garbage movies for however much he could get lol.

Well trump got away with it
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 25 2018 07:47pm
Quote (EmericAn @ May 25 2018 06:21pm)
Well trump got away with it

:rofl:

Cage is a millionaire, not a billionaire. Once you get into the Bs, even if you go back into the Ms and you're just lying about it now (what Trump was doing last year), you no longer have to follow the rules.
Gold: 10,025.00
May 25 2018 08:08pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 25 2018 12:05pm)
It just depends tbh. He phones it in a lot, and other performances he just fucking misses so hard that it makes scenes or entire movies unwatchable.

His death scene in Kick Ass is one of the most painfully bad death scenes I've ever seen in an otherwise solid movie.
His entire performance in Ghost Rider was cringey and he was trying his ass off because he has ALWAYS wanted to be in any superhero movie, it's been his dream forever.

Then he's got movies like Bad Lieutenant or Leaving Las Vegas that show-case his range and ability. The guy has always been terrible at picking scripts, and his spending issues leading him to desperately take bad roles for paychecks is another huge problem, but he does have talent, he just can't always tap into it.

I'm betting his death scene in kick ass was directed to be that way and not really his own interpretation. Also you can't really blame him for ghost rider, no one could have saved those. Just like you can't blame Ryan Reynolds or Hugh Jackman or Liev Schreiber for origins. Sometimes it's just about doing what you can with the cards that the studio forced into your hands.
May 25 2018 08:30pm
Quote (Blah58 @ May 25 2018 07:08pm)
I'm betting his death scene in kick ass was directed to be that way and not really his own interpretation. Also you can't really blame him for ghost rider, no one could have saved those. Just like you can't blame Ryan Reynolds or Hugh Jackman or Liev Schreiber for origins. Sometimes it's just about doing what you can with the cards that the studio forced into your hands.

I mean... I'd be inclined to agree with you on the Kick Ass thing if the scene didn't remind me so much of another horribly bad burning alive scene he did in the Wicker Man 4 years earlier. Maybe it was the director, but I think it's just another example of Cage overacting and killing what could have been a fantastic scene. Some people still seemed to think it was good, but I thought it was by far the worst scene in the entire movie. You're right about the others, and me throwing Cage under the bus for Ghost Rider is a bit much, but I felt his insane over acting again made it worse than it needed to be. It was going to be terrible no matter what lol, but it could have been less terrible without him as the lead. I mean, he couldn't even work out enough to get the body for the role though, they had to CGI on his muscles, which is always just a big what the fuck?
May 25 2018 09:08pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 25 2018 07:30pm)
I mean... I'd be inclined to agree with you on the Kick Ass thing if the scene didn't remind me so much of another horribly bad burning alive scene he did in the Wicker Man 4 years earlier. Maybe it was the director, but I think it's just another example of Cage overacting and killing what could have been a fantastic scene. Some people still seemed to think it was good, but I thought it was by far the worst scene in the entire movie. You're right about the others, and me throwing Cage under the bus for Ghost Rider is a bit much, but I felt his insane over acting again made it worse than it needed to be. It was going to be terrible no matter what lol, but it could have been less terrible without him as the lead. I mean, he couldn't even work out enough to get the body for the role though, they had to CGI on his muscles, which is always just a big what the fuck?

Yeah but I mean, actors phoning it in or going super cheese when they know a movie is going to be bad isn't uncommon, and who can blame them really.
May 25 2018 09:29pm
Quote (Blah58 @ May 25 2018 08:08pm)
Yeah but I mean, actors phoning it in or going super cheese when they know a movie is going to be bad isn't uncommon, and who can blame them really.

They didn't know the first one was going to be bad, same with Green-Lantern. Reynolds talks shit in hindsight ofc, but he was excited about his first blockbuster role and thought it'd be good. He had already shit the bed SUPER hard with X-men Origins, and he still agreed to do another superhero movie. You gotta think he read the script and he either thought it wasn't that bad, or he just didn't give a fuck about his career at all, which I find hard to believe. He did end up meeting his wife from it though, which I think is one of the reasons he's been so successful. Even though that movie was a massive failure, I think it made Reynolds who is today (partially). Cage thought he could make any superhero movie a success as long as he was involved. The second one he phoned it in hard, but he was trying his best in the first, it was just awful lol.
May 25 2018 10:51pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 25 2018 08:29pm)
They didn't know the first one was going to be bad, same with Green-Lantern. Reynolds talks shit in hindsight ofc, but he was excited about his first blockbuster role and thought it'd be good. He had already shit the bed SUPER hard with X-men Origins, and he still agreed to do another superhero movie. You gotta think he read the script and he either thought it wasn't that bad, or he just didn't give a fuck about his career at all, which I find hard to believe. He did end up meeting his wife from it though, which I think is one of the reasons he's been so successful. Even though that movie was a massive failure, I think it made Reynolds who is today (partially). Cage thought he could make any superhero movie a success as long as he was involved. The second one he phoned it in hard, but he was trying his best in the first, it was just awful lol.

I'm pretty sure Ryan knew fairly early green lantern was going to be schlock, he didn't even watch the final cut. Once again I don't think you can blame him for things like origins.

Like when actors don't have much power but want to get something done they are willing to compromise without realizing what that actually means.

Ryan wanted to get Deadpool onto the big screen, that is 100% why he agreed to origins, but some big idiot it the one to blame for how it turned out... But at a certain point it is too late.

But look at the movies we get when the actors are actually involved and passionate. Totally worth the bullshit they need to do to build their name of it gets to a point where they can do something like the new Deadpool movies, or Logan, or a quiet place. Etc
Gold: 1,495.80
May 25 2018 11:33pm
The Thing
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2018 03:21am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 25 2018 07:05pm)
It just depends tbh. He phones it in a lot, and other performances he just fucking misses so hard that it makes scenes or entire movies unwatchable.

His death scene in Kick Ass is one of the most painfully bad death scenes I've ever seen in an otherwise solid movie.
His entire performance in Ghost Rider was cringey and he was trying his ass off because he has ALWAYS wanted to be in any superhero movie, it's been his dream forever.

Then he's got movies like Bad Lieutenant or Leaving Las Vegas that show-case his range and ability. The guy has always been terrible at picking scripts, and his spending issues leading him to desperately take bad roles for paychecks is another huge problem, but he does have talent, he just can't always tap into it.

Lord of war is a fucking brilliant movie tho
Gold: 1,495.80
May 26 2018 12:30pm
Pacific rim
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1191219131914191519162185Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll