d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Wind Druids Explained > A Comprehensive Guide to MF/PVM/PVP
Prev1234529Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 224.00
May 31 2006 04:31am
Quote (Sukeh2k @ Wed, May 31 2006, 10:22am)
Why a CoA over pelt?

FHR, Res, Possible 31% DR

Why a suicide branch over Wizzy?

For a non-block build: you save on dex + 1 skill + 40 life. You'll hit the 99 anyways; nn to go for a 86 build.

Gold: 803,955.00
May 31 2006 08:46am
Mike ya think Fast Recovery against Hammerdins is also an option? BEcause if a hammerdin teles right on you and starts hammering without some decent fhr its gonna be hard to get out. I agreee with the max damage as another posiblity though.
Gold: 48,322.37
May 31 2006 01:17pm
@xepo. I agree that it is scary getting on top of anything that WW's, but the way I look at it is if you don't get on them and you let them get you Locked then you lose. At least this way you have a chance and you might suprise them.

@Wuben: I am not a fan of CoA druids. They require more strength and you lose out on some damage to your Tornados (5 skill levels). I prefer the Stormshield and 2/20/2x shael circlet for when block needed. You really only NEED to go into block mode at certain times. I go against suicide branch for the lack of resistance. You lose too much resistance to make up with other gear and I would rather have 80 more resistance (When wizzy is 15/7'ed) then 1 more skill and 40 more life. Also my build is meant to be block/non block depending on circumstances so you are going to use the dex anyways.

@Username: Its not needed. If the hammerdin wants to try to tele on you and go shot for shot, you will win. You will have your 5x wolves and Oak to eat hammers and he will have nothing to eat your nado's

This post was edited by MrShowtime on May 31 2006 01:18pm
May 31 2006 01:47pm
Are they gonna put it in the druid guides? I think it deserves a spot.
Gold: 48,322.37
Jun 1 2006 03:35am
Quote (This_Is_My_Username @ Wed, May 31 2006, 03:47pm)
Are they gonna put it in the druid guides? I think it deserves a spot.

Thanks for the support.
Jun 1 2006 05:23am
Quote (MrShowtime @ Wed, May 31 2006, 07:17pm)
@Wuben: I am not a fan of CoA druids.  They require more strength and you lose out on some damage to your Tornados (5 skill levels).  I prefer the Stormshield and 2/20/2x shael circlet for when block needed. You really only NEED to go into block mode at certain times.  I go against suicide branch for the lack of resistance.  You lose too much resistance to make up with other gear and I would rather have 80 more resistance (When wizzy is 15/7'ed) then 1 more skill and 40 more life.  Also my build is meant to be block/non block depending on circumstances so you are going to use the dex anyways.

I don't build HLD characters anymore, but if I did I think 90% of my builds would wear a CoA. The mods are simply too GG to pass up on. You lose 4 skills to Tornado and 1 to the rest; big deal. You gain 30 FHR, nice resists, 15% DR and 2 sockets.

Some druids don't think that block is necessary, and I tend to believe them. I don't speak from experience, but I can see where they are coming from. If I'm totally wrong, please say so, but I would build a non-block windy if I would build one.

Sure, suicide branch has 65 less resists, but on a non-block build you save on the dex, plus you gain a skill (yeah, big deal), 40 life and some extra mana (although the mana boost from wizzy could be higher; depends on rings mostly). Wind druids don't need that much of resists. FoH is blocked by cyclone, blizz is blocked by cyclone, meaning that you don't have to stack that deep. Actually, you can get along with a Lo Lo CoA (and Vex Vex) and 85 res from gear. That's easily obtained with charms. Maybe even Gul Gul if you hate plaguers/ww sins.

BTW; the FHR breakpoints are different for druids when wielding a wizzy. Didn't see that explicitly in your guide.
Jun 1 2006 08:58am
Quote (Wuben[NM)
,Thu, Jun 1 2006, 07:23am]
Quote (MrShowtime @ Wed, May 31 2006, 07:17pm)
@Wuben: I am not a fan of CoA druids.  They require more strength and you lose out on some damage to your Tornados (5 skill levels).  I prefer the Stormshield and 2/20/2x shael circlet for when block needed. You really only NEED to go into block mode at certain times.  I go against suicide branch for the lack of resistance.  You lose too much resistance to make up with other gear and I would rather have 80 more resistance (When wizzy is 15/7'ed) then 1 more skill and 40 more life.  Also my build is meant to be block/non block depending on circumstances so you are going to use the dex anyways.

I don't build HLD characters anymore, but if I did I think 90% of my builds would wear a CoA. The mods are simply too GG to pass up on. You lose 4 skills to Tornado and 1 to the rest; big deal. You gain 30 FHR, nice resists, 15% DR and 2 sockets.

Some druids don't think that block is necessary, and I tend to believe them. I don't speak from experience, but I can see where they are coming from. If I'm totally wrong, please say so, but I would build a non-block windy if I would build one.

Sure, suicide branch has 65 less resists, but on a non-block build you save on the dex, plus you gain a skill (yeah, big deal), 40 life and some extra mana (although the mana boost from wizzy could be higher; depends on rings mostly). Wind druids don't need that much of resists. FoH is blocked by cyclone, blizz is blocked by cyclone, meaning that you don't have to stack that deep. Actually, you can get along with a Lo Lo CoA (and Vex Vex) and 85 res from gear. That's easily obtained with charms. Maybe even Gul Gul if you hate plaguers/ww sins.

BTW; the FHR breakpoints are different for druids when wielding a wizzy. Didn't see that explicitly in your guide.

Okay First of all Rare Pelts> Coa for a druid. FCR FHR mad skills All resist(not as high as coa) but you will have max resist anyway, Life and str greatly owns over coa. Plus thats 18 more str required for the coa. Which is 18 less you can put is vit which makes a significant difference to some.

Second you can just hel or -15% req/nice mod the wizia and its not that much more dex required.

This post was edited by This_Is_My_Username on Jun 1 2006 08:59am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 1 2006 09:45am
really detailed i like it but personally:

instead fcr str mana rings get same ones with fcr/str/life (ur %+ life with bo n oak is humongous so + life on rings will deal great+)

vs wwsins well u rite max block but depends.

vs really good wwsins ill go at least 163/99 or 163/174

vs trappers 163/99

vs barbs fcr or block vs better ones.

i personally have 57% block and 6.2k life and 6.4k life with fcr gear

i think 50%-60% is really enough on druid with ss ull block so much + its better to go with life bc block wouldnt be usefull too often

and 1 more:

vs bowzons u dont need block unless they r so good.

163/99 5wolves does the job better.

thats just my opinion from a druid player point of view.

i like the guide tho
Jun 1 2006 10:17am
Quote (This_Is_My_Username @ Thu, Jun 1 2006, 02:58pm)
Okay First of all Rare Pelts> Coa for a druid. FCR FHR mad skills All resist(not as high as coa) but you will have max resist anyway, Life and str greatly owns over coa. Plus thats 18 more str required for the coa. Which is 18 less you can put is vit which makes a significant difference to some.

Second you can just hel or -15% req/nice mod the wizia and its not that much more dex required.

FCR and FHR? That's odd. Never seen FCR on a pelt and you rarely see FHR on a circlet.
Who needs strenght on a pelt when you have nothing heavy to equip anyway?

Yeah, you can -%req the wizzy, but you lose out on other mods of the jewel. A problem that you don't have with branch.
Jun 1 2006 01:04pm
Quote (Wuben[NM] @ Thu, Jun 1 2006, 12:17pm)
Quote (This_Is_My_Username @ Thu, Jun 1 2006, 02:58pm)

FCR and FHR? That's odd. Never seen FCR on a pelt and you rarely see FHR on a circlet.
Who needs strenght on a pelt when you have nothing heavy to equip anyway?

Yeah, you can -%req the wizzy, but you lose out on other mods of the jewel. A problem that you don't have with branch.

I'm pretty sure spirit and storm shield are heavy to equipt. (156 str)

Fcr on circs and FHR on Pelts.

FCR can't be on pelts FHR cant be on circs.

This post was edited by This_Is_My_Username on Jun 1 2006 01:05pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234529Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll