d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Books & Literature > What Book Did You Last Finish?
Prev1132133134135136168Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 16 2014 09:53am
The unbearable lightness of being by Milan Kundera
Gold: 29,750.00
Nov 19 2014 01:30am

Was hilarious! 10/10
Gold: 83.30
Nov 19 2014 03:10pm
Worm by Wildbow. Online web serial.

You can google it because I can't link it on d2jsp.

It's incredibly long and pretty well written, a story about a teenager who has superpowers and her struggle to do the right thing in a world filled with powerful people. Theme is pretty much 'Doing the wrong thing for the right reasons.'

1,750,000 words. That's about half of the entire Wheel of Time series.

This post was edited by balrog66 on Nov 19 2014 03:13pm
Gold: 3,804.50
Nov 19 2014 06:59pm
Twice Dead: A Novel of Haven
Written by: Kalayna Price
Narrated by: Piper Goodeve
Length: 11 hrs and 22 mins

Newly undead shifter-turned-vampire Kita Nekai is coming to grips with the reality that her cat has not awakened since her change. What she needs is a little time to adjust to her new liquid diet and the increasingly complex attraction to her sire, Nathanial. What she gets is a headless harlequin.

didnt care for it. voice actor wasnt special, the ending was rushed and felt out of place. and the romance was awkward.
Gold: 758.00
Nov 20 2014 01:15pm
The blood of olympus by rick riordan

Didnt care for it at all seemed like a chore to keep listening to it in audiobook

Story was good but the writting was terrible same as every other book by rick riordan

Might be okay for younger readers that dont catch on to it but if your into books very well written where authors take years per book not the kind of authors that do 1-2 books per year it be okay.

My standards are high tho. Comparing it to christopher paolini and brent weeks and jim butcher who spend years on there books and are unbelievable authors.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 22 2014 09:46am
The Catcher in the Rye by Salinger

Since his debut in 1951 as The Catcher in the Rye, Holden Caulfield has been synonymous with "cynical adolescent." Holden narrates the story of a couple of days in his sixteen-year-old life, just after he's been expelled from prep school, in a slang that sounds edgy even today and keeps this novel on banned book lists. It begins,
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth. In the first place, that stuff bores me, and in the second place, my parents would have about two hemorrhages apiece if I told anything pretty personal about them."

He tries to capture the essence of the eternal teenage experience of alienation…

I like it…!!!
Gold: 178.00
Nov 22 2014 01:06pm
Quote (james34 @ Nov 22 2014 10:46am)
The Catcher in the Rye by Salinger

Since his debut in 1951 as The Catcher in the Rye, Holden Caulfield has been synonymous with "cynical adolescent." Holden narrates the story of a couple of days in his sixteen-year-old life, just after he's been expelled from prep school, in a slang that sounds edgy even today and keeps this novel on banned book lists. It begins,
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth. In the first place, that stuff bores me, and in the second place, my parents would have about two hemorrhages apiece if I told anything pretty personal about them."

He tries to capture the essence of the eternal teenage experience of alienation…

I like it…!!!

He also wrote that entire story while he was fighting Nazis in the war. Very impressive stuff.

This post was edited by The_Doves on Nov 22 2014 01:06pm
Nov 27 2014 07:59pm
Written by: Peter Clines
Narrated by: Ray Porter
Length: 12 hrs and 38 mins

There are some odd things about Nate’s new apartment. Of course, he has other things on his mind. He hates his job. He has no money in the bank. No girlfriend. No plans for the future. So while his new home isn’t perfect, it’s livable. The rent is low, the property managers are friendly, and the odd little mysteries don’t nag at him too much. At least, not until he meets Mandy, his neighbor across the hall, and notices something unusual about her apartment. And Xela’s apartment. And Tim’s. And Veek’s.

didnt like narrator's normal voice, but he did the accents ok. story built up very slowly, then seemed to end abruptly.
Gold: 3.01
Dec 9 2014 09:35pm
11.22.63 by stephen king

amazing book, strongly recomend it
Dec 21 2014 04:17pm
Just One Damned Thing After Another: The Chronicles of St Mary's, Book 1
Written by: Jodi Taylor
Narrated by: Zara Ramm
Length: 9 hrs and 30 mins
Series: The Chronicles of St Mary's, Book 1
Unabridged Audiobook

Behind the seemingly innocuous façade of St Mary's, a different kind of historical research is taking place. They don't do 'time-travel' - they 'investigate major historical events in contemporary time'. Maintaining the appearance of harmless eccentrics is not always within their power - especially given their propensity for causing loud explosions when things get too quiet. Meet the disaster-magnets of St Mary's Institute of Historical Research as they ricochet around History.

Boring. felt the story wasn't well told, and the different characters blurred into each other.
Go Back To Books & Literature Topic List
Prev1132133134135136168Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll