d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Undying's Pvm Uber Smiter Guide > Hopefully Going To Be Stickied!
Prev1234543Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 4.79
Trader: Trusted
Oct 5 2008 11:51am
@Ancalagon: Being the only so negative comment so far seems weird. But I'm not complaining. However, there alredy are poorman smiter guides and this is not one.

1. I could have given tactics, true.
2. The top line answers this (and guillies was stated if you read it all)
3. never noticed that so far
4.meditation for mana drainers, pretty easy, or eventually mana potions happy.gif
5. Highlords is a useless overhook of IAS on both setup as they still reach 6 fpa
6. Safety amulets aren't better unless they have quite crazy stats. nothing is required from them.
7. The rest belongs to the poor man's guides, and this one isn't.
Gold: 548.59
Oct 5 2008 02:35pm
Quote (Ancalagon @ Sun, 5 Oct 2008, 19:44)
let`s say it like this.. for a comprehensive guide your attempt lacks a lot

1. tactics
how to spawn which monster where,prebuffs and so on....

2. itemsection.. 2 setups... lol
you know how little you need to do a tristrun?.. check grimbeorn`s poorman and include other setups..... there is not only one way to equip a tristram smiter, however if you want to write a guide about the topic...write one that includes more than this little bit....

by the way, one does not need any smiter at all for tristram, any paladin who uses holy shield can do trists.

3. fhr is needed, you cann still receive hard hits

4. what do you do against the minions (gotta love the manadrainer`s ^^) and so on

5. screeenies ftw... ^^

gulli > all

if you need ias highlords> maras
otherwise blockcraft/rare, (if resis are full, seraph) > maras

lastwish is a piece of junk compared to astreon`s or grief
where are lash,black,strength,heaven`s light and so on?

a lot of armor choices are missing:
rattle,smoke,duri,lionheart,fortitude,duress,gris/hades,lifearmor,.........

shields:
herald,gris,sactuary,4pd palashield
not even mentioning the fact that the only real choices ar st,sr or maybe a Zakarum shield because a vortex has a damn low block and does not deal more damage than the other elite shields

where are the dracs

treachery? (though one can do tristr without even having fade....)

wether gores or goblins totally depends on the setups

wether a ddwarf is needed depends on rest of the setup and skilling

10 resist coild? .. you already have absrob and 75 cresi at least....

anni is not needed
nor is a torch needed, and both do not really boost your damage or life that much

I would not really suggest your builds for either sc or hc.
but hey I could go on, but this is imho enough for the first post of mine.....

do over... can`t be that hard to write something good.

very easy to insult a guid

more difficult to do a better one

if you think this guide is crap, why dont u do a guide.........

oops sorry forgot that u cant
you would rather spam other guides rather than doing one for yourself for others to evaluate.
Gold: 67.22
Oct 5 2008 05:04pm
cateye..

1st of all..
Why do you consider my post an insult?
because I say that theundyinggod did not do a great job and can do many things to improve his/her work?

if one cannot take criticism, one should not try to publish something.

by the way...
I have published work of me in this forum and I have given a lot of input to several guides here.
If you want to see, what I consider a real guide, check the stickies-->Paladin guides-->PvM Fanazealotguide by Ancalagon

or just click this link
http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=22041840&f=161&st=0

I am really looking forward to your feedback.

Just do me one favor, I know that this sounds arrogant but....
do your homework beforre you try to confront me.

I know that even my guide is far from being complete.. I copuld include low level gear, weapons like honor,baezils,cranbeak and so on and so forth but if I take a look at pretty much all other JSP guides, there is none that is as detailed as my one.

I could even republish my Hammerdinguide, which was avialable at the AB for a while but hey.. 7500 words seems a bot too complex for the average JSP kiddy.

@ theundyinggod
1. efficiency does not need very expensive items, I can show you setups for tristram smiters, that cost less while doing more damage and also having full ress, lt,ow,maxspeed and so on and so forth.

2. As I have already stated, there are always different ways to do the job.
f.e. if one plays HC, one will not really want to invest much into a char that is not used very often but one will rather go for a setup which will be successful at a price that does not hurt the player in the case of death.

@ mana
how many purples or blue pots do you wanna spent on mana
how long do you wanna smite without fana?

let`s see
grief and astreons deal more damage than lw,
considering the fact, that one will probably rather use LoH if one does not use draculs, because of the 350 additional off weapon ed (another mistake in your guide) or the fact, that other weapons will need more ias, or the fact that one will probably use salvation versus mephisto and thus not be at maxspeed with a pb (65 ias without fana)
highlords is worth mentioning.
also I could mention, that I stated that one should use a highlord`s, if one still needs ias.

@ amulet choice
a. nothing is as easy as reaching fullress with a paladin
b. 1-10% higher blockchance,2 palaskills, up to :
20 prisma 40% single resistances, 20 dex,60 life,30 str,damred,liferep and so on and so forth.... and you really want to tell me that it takes a lot to outshine a maras?

by the way.....
what kind of answers do you expect from a community like JSP where 90% of the users seem to know as much about the game as a sawfish knows about plaining

This post was edited by Ancalagon on Oct 5 2008 05:12pm
Gold: 8,672.68
Oct 5 2008 05:57pm
A few things I would change, just personal preference.

CoA: Now you can opt for more DR by adding Ber/Ber or you can opt for 15/15 (ias/res) jewel + ber.
37x 20 life small charms. icon_pointl.gif this can be altered, for res sc's more than life to stack etc.

Shako is a good help with skill/DR

1 base Salvation is very good to use when taking on Uber Meph, especiallly using a Griefpb.

10 points in LR / FR / CR skill. personally I have never done that, but dependent on player.

7/10. Easy to follow, basic setup, average layout.

EDIT: I have tried my setups on HC with the CoA and a Shako, they still work well.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Oct 5 2008 05:58pm
Oct 5 2008 06:00pm
they may work but imho you loose more than you gain, if you go for either coa or harle
Gold: 8,672.68
Oct 5 2008 06:12pm
Quote (Ancalagon @ Mon, Oct 6 2008, 01:00pm)
they may work but imho you loose more than you gain, if you go for either coa or harle

True to your opinion, hence your game style and technique.

For me personally, CoA and Harlequin are very good options, especially when Uber Meph does his "Ice Ball" doing cold and impact (phys) damage followed by the Lightning Strike type of skill.
Oct 5 2008 06:15pm
lightning atracks are countered by high resis, maybe absorb are on your eq anyway
coldabsorb and high resis are there from your raven+eq

and meppel does not really deal high amounts of physical damage
Retired Moderator
Oct 5 2008 07:08pm
Quote (Ancalagon @ Sun, 5 Oct 2008, 20:15)
lightning atracks are countered by high resis, maybe absorb are on your eq anyway
coldabsorb and high resis are there from your raven+eq

and meppel does not really deal high amounts of physical damage

True. DR is not really needed. I won't reply to your last post as I do not see the need and that this criticism is only turning to be an endless loop. People keep repeating what they advance at first.

--

considering the fact, that one will probably rather use LoH if one does not use draculs, because of the 350 additional off weapon ed

False. Damage to demons from LoH doesn't apply to smite. Basically, stop proposing things if you do not know wether they do work or not.

@ amulet choice
a. nothing is as easy as reaching fullress with a paladin
b. 1-10% higher blockchance,2 palaskills, up to :
20 prisma 40% single resistances, 20 dex,60 life,30 str,damred,liferep and so on and so forth.... and you really want to tell me that it takes a lot to outshine a maras?

How much are you gonna pay for that? More than the entire character's value.

--

Further following replies and comments for the same reasons are not needed.

This post was edited by TheUndyingGod on Oct 5 2008 07:17pm
Oct 6 2008 04:16am
damage to demons of loh is applied with smite because it is normal off weapon ed

if you don`t think it is applied, show me the source of that first.

@ amu
I only mentioned maximum stats but I can do it easy for you
we will only need +2 pala and some str or life for outshining a maras because resis are nothing to worry about (restitems,fade,salva) and the 45 baselife that the maras has to offer are nothing compared to an average craft.

and demaning a detailed and well planned guide will always be on my agenda

why shoudl inferior work be stickied?

This post was edited by Ancalagon on Oct 6 2008 04:16am
Retired Moderator
Oct 6 2008 05:16am
Quote (Ancalagon @ Mon, 6 Oct 2008, 06:16)
damage to demons of loh is applied with smite because it is normal off weapon ed

if you don`t think it is applied, show me the source of that first.

@ amu
I only mentioned maximum stats but I can do it easy for you
we will only need +2 pala and some str or life for outshining a maras because resis are nothing to worry about (restitems,fade,salva) and the 45 baselife that the maras has to offer are nothing compared to an average craft.

and demaning a detailed and well planned guide will always be on my agenda

why shoudl inferior work be stickied?

It is stickied.

--

The following things do not work with Smite:
Leech (life/mana)
Deadly Strike/Critical Strike (confirmed by both Oramin and Vash-dm independently in 1.11)
Knockback (apart from the standard Knockback on the skill)
Elemental damage from equipment or charms
Elemental damage from auras (e.g. Holy Shock) (the area effect will still work, just not the applied damage)
Magic damage from Sanctuary (note that I havent verified this for 1.10+ but I dont see any reason it should have changed; the area effect will still work, just not the applied damage) (added on behalf of gibbousmoon)
Gear and charms that add a set amount of damage (verified by SSJPunk) except for those items which have the Damage +X attribute (e.g. WarTravs will *not* add damage to Smite; neither will 3/20/20 scs)
Enhanced Damage on the weapon
Enhanced Damage to Demons (e.g. Laying of Hands) (Thanks to Bonkshasa and Posterboy for testing)
Enhanced Damage to Undead has *not* been tested, but it should behave the same way as Enhanced Damage to Demons

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=3532193

--

Enough talking, I was right.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234543Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll