d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > The Classic Pvm Javazon > For D2 Classic V1.12
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 185,067.00
Sep 18 2008 10:30am
The Classic Javazon
An amazon using lightning fury as its main attack

Introduction
The javazon is just one of many characters that are rather popular in LoD yet not often played in classic. Although hard to play in classic and not viable for soloing the game on hell difficulty the javazon still offers some very unique features.
In my personal opinion the javazon has one of the coolest looking skills in the game - lightning fury. However, its not just cool to look at but it is also quite effective as well. The reason why this character isn't viable for soloing the whole game like e.g. a hammerdin is that it offers little to no crowd control against LI (read lightning immune) monsters and doesn't have the advantage of using teleport like the sorc. This makes it very weak in some parts of the game especially when you reach hell difficulty. One can forget about playing the javazon if he/she is looking for a build that is able to do repeated cs runs on hell by themselves but if you are fond of playing in a party leveling and such, this charactermight be something worth checking out.

Also please note that there are players more experienced in the ways of the classic javazon than I. A users with a lot of knowledge on this field would be M[o]nkey[115]. He might very well be able to offer better guidance than I, but untill/(if) he decides to write a guide himsel I hope this will do smile.gif

Stats
  • Strength - Enough for gear.
  • Dexterity - Enough for gear.
  • Vitality - All remaining points.
  • Energy - I would recommend getting energy to ~100 so you can avoid potting so much. Put again this is up to you.
Skills

Javelin and spear skills:
  • 1 to all prereq
  • 20 Lightning fury
  • 20 Charged strike
  • 20 Lightning strike
  • Rest goes into synergies to get higher damage on your lightning attacks.**
Passive and magic skills
  • 16 Pierce after +skills
  • 1 Critical strike (prereq)
  • 1 Penetrate (prereq)
  • 1 in each of the defensive skills: Dodge/Avoid/Evade*
Bow and crossbow skills
  • None - Don't even bother.
*Putting 1 point in each of the defensive skills is really up to the individual player. Of course spending those 3 points hurts your damage but in return offer you a bit of safety.
**You should only max out the remaining synergies after you have statted the listed skills in this guide.

Items
This is where it gets trickey. There are alot of different opinions on what gear if preferable to other setups so I will try and do a few suggestions.

Weapon(s)
  • Plain white javalin OR white throwing spear - Both have the base speed of -10. The throwing spear require more stats in dex but also looks more badass if you will and are also purchasable in hell difficulty.
Shield
  • Rare 30/20 Pris shield, preferable with FHR and stacked resists. The more block the better. (Bone/Grim/Tower/Large shields are best, though the latter two slow you down 10%. Tower shield is a must if you decide to go for a rare armoe > twitch.)
  • Sigon's Guard - 69% Block and +1 skills, can be a nice tank option at lower levels while also providing an extra +skill to help you level.
  • The Ward - Up to 50 all resists, a cheap option that can be used when leveling in a party and you are low on resistance. (Best used in combination with twitch for the additional block % (Note that in classic block% isn't affected by dex)
Armor
  • Twitch - Ias/block%/fhr +10str/dex - A very good option and cheap to get too.
  • Rare armor with fhr/str/life and dual resistance - Can be very expensive but is also worth it. (If you decide to go with a rare armor > twitch it is recommended to use a tower shield for the higher block%)
Helmet
  • Rare helm with fhr/life/ and dual resistance - Try to look for a low str req one.
  • Tarnhelm - +1 skills and up to 50MF and standard 75GF.
Belt
  • If not using twitch you will need to use death set belt in combination with death set gloves - Gives you the needed 30%IAS + all resistance but low amount of slots in belt used for pots.
  • Rare belt with 24FHR, Strength, Life, and Resists - Can be very expensive if you are very picky smile.gif
Gloves
  • If not using twitch you will need to use the death set gloves in combination with death set belt - Gives you the needed 30%IAS + all resistance but low amount of slots in belt used for pots.
  • Rare Gloves with 10%IAS str/dex along with resistance. (Note dex is only needed if going with the throwing javalins that require 65dex)
Boots
  • Rare Boots with FRW and as many of these mods as possible: FHR, FR, LR, CR - FRW is essential if you ask me as this char has limited crowd control.
Amulet
  • Rare amulet with +1/+2 skills along with resistance and preferable str/dex - Usually rather cheap as amazons aren't really popular in classic. (Note dex is only needed if going with the throwing javalins that require 65dex)
Rings
  • Get yourself a couple of nice rare rings with a str/dex combo along with 2x resist>20% (Again note that dex is only needed if going with the throwing javalins that require 65dex and the str can save you from getting str of your armor/belt)
Usage
Use lightning fury as you main attack on right click skill. Having 16 points in pierce makes the javalins split many times thus increasing the damage very much. On right click you want to have charged strike which will be your secondary skill used when in close combat. This character can rather easily obtain a high amount of life but is not intended to be a tank like the hammerdin or barb. So shoot the monsters from a distance with lightning fury and finish off the survivors with charged strike in order to serve your mana bulb.

Credits:
Zodijackyl - For giving me some inspiration to the layout of this guide smile.gif
All the users who have provided me with input on how to play a javazon.

This post was edited by Monze on Sep 18 2008 10:38am
Gold: 50.00
Sep 18 2008 10:44am
sticky this please
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 50%
Sep 18 2008 10:48am
Quote (conrad_noble @ Thu, Sep 18 2008, 06:44pm)
sticky this please

ylu
Gold: 8,697.38
Sep 18 2008 01:17pm
I am assuming this is Softcore build, since you have no valk.

Maybe another cheap option for helm could be Duskdeep, just for the 15 all res
Cheap Shield could also be Steelclash (20/25 Block and 15 all res)

Another combination for IAS & 10% LL & AR based on character level could be Sigons Helm/Glove
..30% IAS
..10% LL
..+8 AR per lvl
..20 AR
..10 Str
..30 Mana

Just some ideas, not sure if they would work with your build.

Otherwise, not a bad guide.
Gold: 12,771.85
Sep 18 2008 01:26pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Thu, Sep 18 2008, 08:17pm)
I am assuming this is Softcore build, since you have no valk.

Maybe another cheap option for helm could be Duskdeep, just for the 15 all res
Cheap Shield could also be Steelclash (20/25 Block and 15 all res)

Another combination for IAS & 10% LL & AR based on character level could be Sigons Helm/Glove
..30% IAS
..10% LL
..+8 AR per lvl
..20 AR
..10 Str
..30 Mana

Just some ideas, not sure if they would work with your build.

Otherwise, not a bad guide.

t4i
Gold: 0.00
Sep 19 2008 01:52am
Decoy

even 1 point in this skill, with that u can pack monster for better use of lf
Gold: 0.01
Sep 19 2008 03:34am
i lol'ed at 16 in pierce ^^ 1 point in pierce with 2 sojs and a +2 amulet is more than enough (lvl 5) tongue.gif higher dmg >> the chance to pierce.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Sep 19 2008 05:16am
what a noob shit this is
Gold: 185,067.00
Sep 19 2008 06:17am
Quote (UnHolY^^ @ Fri, 19 Sep 2008, 11:34)
i lol'ed at 16 in pierce ^^ 1 point in pierce with 2 sojs and a +2 amulet is more than enough (lvl 5) tongue.gif higher dmg >> the chance to pierce.

Well this guide might not be for people with loaders and the possibility of making 80 zon with no stats/skills. With 16points in pierce you can also rape around in cow level assuming you wear WoE for infinite mana.

I added the ~100 energy because LF cost a lot of mana at lower level with little chance of leeching back. Of course if you can get to 80+ by leeching around it is preferable to put the 100 points in mana.

Keep in mind I have never claimed to be the master of javazons but I did point inexperienced players in the right direction in more than once sence.

This post was edited by Monze on Sep 19 2008 06:19am
Gold: 5,513.50
Sep 19 2008 09:05am
16 pierce?
100 energy?
dude what is this
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll