d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Another Cl Rush Sorc Guide > Xd
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 42.05
Aug 8 2008 09:30am

How to build a classic Rush sorc

i wrote this small guide cuz im pretty much bored of all these lod guys trying to set up somekind of rush sorcs without any idea about how to skill/stat/eq the char.

first of all forget about these hybrid sorcs rumours... its the worst thin ive ever heard of.

i have had tons of rush sorcs and the one and only and imo best choice is orb.

Basic skills

20 Ice Bolt

20 Frozen Orb

17+ Cold Mastery tongue.gif

1 Static Field

1 Teleport

1 Warmth

1 Shiver Armor

makes a total of 70 used skillpoints.

There are two different orb builds which im tryin to explain now:

According to the basic skills i mentioned above a lvl 77 char would have 18 spare skillpoints.

#1 the easier and cheaper build:

Put all the remaining skillpoints into Teleport (lvl 19 Teleport = 6 Mana)

get max vita ( 45 str / 51 dex WITH items is needed for this build)

The equipment:

First of all, the most portant things are FHR and RES (fire > light > cold)

U shoudnt get items with more then 45 str req for this build!

Weapon: Shard

Glove: Magefist

Armor: Twitchthroe (u are going to face lots of different monster types, and many of them use melee attacks. Twitch is the only way to get max block in classic.

Rings: rare rings with lots of stats (mana/life or str/dex) and res

Amulet: +1 sorc pris amu (basic) - adds: stats or stacked res

Boots: 2 high res (basic) - adds: fhr, run, dex

Belt: 4x4 belt (sharkskin or demonhide is the best choice) fhr and 2 res (basic) adds: str, life

Shield: 50 block on sorc, prism (basic) adds: fhr, stacked res, str

Helm: fhr, res (basic) adds: life, ene, mana

If u are just lookin for the basics, this eq shouldnt cost you most then 30fg (for the uniqs) and about 150-250 fg (for the rares).

#2 the better and more expensive build:

This is an es sorc build. All the remaning skillpoints will be put into Telekinesis. you are going to use a +2 sorc / +3 es Staff to precrast your es.

Your es lvl will be 6 - 8, depending on the eq you are going to use and the amount of FG you are willing to invest in this sorc.

in general u should get somethin like 60% / 40% (life / mana) - and ofc the more str / dex u got on your eq, the less u would have to stat

The equipment:

First of all, the most portant things are FHR, MANA and RES (fire > light > cold)

U can choose between 2 builds: Frostburn OR rare gloves - the frostburn build would need 60 str. since i dont like high str sorcs i would prefer the rare one.

Weapon: Shard

Gloves #1: like i mentioned above, u can choose between frostburn or rare gloves. The rare build is the sexy one, but it shouldnt be easy to find suitable gloves^^

gloves #2: 3x mana, res (basic) adds: str, dex

Armor: Twitchthroe

Ring #1: 1 rare rings with FC, lots of stats (mana/life or str/dex) and 1 res (2 high res + high stats would be extremely expensive)

Ring #2: If u are usin Frostburn another similar FC ring would be your best choice. If u are going to try to rare build, get 1 soj!

Amulet: +1 sorc pris amu with high mana (basic) - adds: stats or stacked res (for the sexy build u would need FC on the amu to reach 70 fc! - if this is going to be too expensive / impossible to find - try to get one without skills, and really high stats, res - this works aswel)

Boots: 2 res, mana (basic) - adds: fhr, run, dex

Belt: 4x4 belt (sharkskin or demonhide is the best choice) fhr and 2 res (basic) adds: str, life, mana

Shield: 50 block on sorc, prism (basic) adds: fhr, stacked res, str, mana

Helm: fhr, res (basic) adds: life, ene, mana

This Eq will cost u alot more (maybe ~800fg) then the basic (maxed teleport build) but its worth it imo^^

Once again: Get 70 fc with any of these builds!

How to kill cold immunes?

The first cold immunes might spawn in act3 nightmare (aswel in act4 nightmare and hell act 2)
At first you are going to clean the whole area, then u start to static the ci-monster till its hitpoints seems to be almost gone. Now Use Telekenesis to finish him.
The es build will do a much better job in this case (for example: lvl 15 tk does 15-16 damage)
Another possibility would be to finish the monster with a shard-melee-attack^^

This post was edited by Moonrise on Aug 8 2008 09:44am
Gold: 10.75
Aug 8 2008 09:33am
Nn 20 in cold mastery.
Aug 8 2008 09:34am
Quote (Sunshines @ Fri, Aug 8 2008, 04:33pm)
Nn 20 in cold mastery.

i do maybe u dont^^ and it makes no difference anyway... u could also kill w/o the synergie but u got more then enough skills anyway. so tongue.gif

This post was edited by Moonrise on Aug 8 2008 09:35am
Gold: 33.50
Aug 8 2008 09:35am
Nice Guide biggrin.gif

I personally use wall of eyeless for a shield, just because of that 20 fcr wink.gif

Plus, the two fcr rings I got, give me super tele powers xD

The only thing I would do, is put the rest on shiver armor tongue.gif

More def can't hurt, and for teleport... that's what we have mana pots for smile.gif
Aug 8 2008 09:36am
Quote (bowser93 @ Fri, Aug 8 2008, 04:35pm)
Nice Guide biggrin.gif

I personally use wall of eyeless for a shield, just because of that 20 fcr wink.gif

Plus, the two fcr rings I got, give me super tele powers xD

The only thing I would do, is put the rest on shiver armor tongue.gif

More def can't hurt, and for teleport... that's what we have mana pots for smile.gif

well 70 or 90 fc makes no difference at all^^

110 would be be nxt bp^^
Aug 8 2008 09:41am
Quote (Moonrise @ Fri, Aug 8 2008, 04:34pm)
i do maybe u dont^^ and it makes no difference anyway... u could also kill w/o the synergie but u got more then enough skills anyway. so tongue.gif

I meant that you can't use the last 3 points in PVM.

17 is enough and above that won't do any differences.
Aug 8 2008 09:42am
Quote (Sunshines @ Fri, Aug 8 2008, 04:41pm)
I meant that you can't use the last 3 points in PVM.

17 is enough and above that won't do any differences.

well it doesnt matter buy thanks for your comment^^
Gold: 3,973.00
Aug 8 2008 09:45am
All in all, fairly well presented. You say Poh-tay-toe, I say Pah-tah-tah.

Based on years of building high level orb Dames to raid nm with, I find tossing a 1x3 jo staff with +2, and +ThunderStorm a better way to deal with the odd chances of NM Seis spawning cold immune. Static him to a sliver, swap out shield/shard combo for staff and cast thunderstorm whilst continuing to spam static. Often he'll cast decrip on you if you're close enough to attempt a shard-stab, and if he's fana aura'ed it can be a royal pita to stab him with shard anyway.

I fairly frequently see him cold & fire immune, which is one of the reasons I oft cite my agreement for the disdain for the meteorb build.

For Hell Act2, I prefer to avoid/dodge cold munes as it's frequently easy to just avoid them and move on.

The predictable critic's here will point out that this can all be done even cheaper, with just using full iratha's, shard, twitch, triple pdia sock large shield, and some magical fcr single rez rings and whatever sprawned crap boots one finds. (and they're also right)

The remainder of excess skills can be tossed in whatever your personal preference and/or suits your playing style - be it teleport to reduce mana costs, the ES build, warmth - higher static field, or shiver armor.

For my dame, I chose a higher static field + lightning mastery. The lightning mastery helps that staff I referenced above if I have a rare high rep. seis. The higher static field helps range congested areas abit, and/or helps lure a cold immune mob away from an important quest endpoint.
Aug 8 2008 09:47am
Quote (Moonrise @ Fri, Aug 8 2008, 04:42pm)
well it doesnt matter buy thanks for your comment^^

well, then the rusher could use the remaining 3 skills to tele.
Aug 8 2008 09:49am
Quote (IridescentPIG @ Fri, Aug 8 2008, 04:45pm)
All in all, fairly well presented. You say Poh-tay-toe, I say Pah-tah-tah.

Based on years of building high level orb Dames to raid nm with, I find tossing a 1x3 jo staff with +2, and +ThunderStorm a better way to deal with the odd chances of NM Seis spawning cold immune. Static him to a sliver, swap out shield/shard combo for staff and cast thunderstorm whilst continuing to spam static. Often he'll cast decrip on you if you're close enough to attempt a shard-stab, and if he's fana aura'ed it can be a royal pita to stab him with shard anyway.

I fairly frequently see him cold & fire immune, which is one of the reasons I oft cite my agreement for the disdain for the meteorb build.

For Hell Act2, I prefer to avoid/dodge cold munes as it's frequently easy to just avoid them and move on.

The predictable critic's here will point out that this can all be done even cheaper, with just using full iratha's, shard, twitch, triple pdia sock large shield, and some magical fcr single rez rings and whatever sprawned crap boots one finds. (and they're also right)

The remainder of excess skills can be tossed in whatever your personal preference and/or suits your playing style - be it teleport to reduce mana costs, the ES build, warmth - higher static field, or shiver armor.

For my dame, I chose a higher static field + lightning mastery. The lightning mastery helps that staff I referenced above if I have a rare high rep. seis. The higher static field helps range congested areas abit, and/or helps lure a cold immune mob away from an important quest endpoint.

u ever tried with a 3s shield and zero fhr? not even the poorest guy should try it that way tongue.gif
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll