d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Another Cl Rush Sorc Guide > Xd
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,973.00
Aug 8 2008 09:56am
Quote (Moonrise @ Fri, 8 Aug 2008, 11:49)
u ever tried with a 3s shield and zero fhr? not even the poorest guy should try it that way tongue.gif

yes I have. every time I restart a ladder, or come back after quitting I build such an orber. biggrin.gif And, I have rushed through to Hell Act3 as low as level 50 with that setup. Yes, that means the occasional block-lock, or fhr animation-death, which is why I never advocate the same build for HC, as for SC.

My current Dame's only fhr comes from her twitch, and her boots. And no, I don't have fcr/fhr hacks, redvex, etc.

Thankfully, not long after building/using such a sorc, one starts finding 30/20 priz bone shields however.

In some ways I guess this is an example of how truly easy it is to do PvM with crummy gear - I don't play as much as I used to, and my only current Hell Act4 player is in fact a cold sorc, wearing full iratha's, twitch, shard, and a 30/20 priz/pdia socked brown bone shield... Even at the low level of 79 she can do non-bo'ed Viz/Infector seal raids fairly effectively.
Gold: 42.05
Aug 8 2008 10:08am
Quote (IridescentPIG @ Fri, Aug 8 2008, 04:56pm)
yes I have. every time I restart a ladder, or come back after quitting I build such an orber. biggrin.gif And, I have rushed through to Hell Act3 as low as level 50 with that setup. Yes, that means the occasional block-lock, or fhr animation-death, which is why I never advocate the same build for HC, as for SC.

My current Dame's only fhr comes from her twitch, and her boots. And no, I don't have fcr/fhr hacks, redvex, etc.

Thankfully, not long after building/using such a sorc, one starts finding 30/20 priz bone shields however.

In some ways I guess this is an example of how truly easy it is to do PvM with crummy gear - I don't play as much as I used to, and my only current Hell Act4 player is in fact a cold sorc, wearing full iratha's, twitch, shard, and a 30/20 priz/pdia socked brown bone shield... Even at the low level of 79 she can do non-bo'ed Viz/Infector seal raids fairly effectively.

ic.

i always hated iratha, i hate low fhr, i hate crowns, i hate set items in general^^

the +10 max res on iratha isnt worth the LOTS of stats ur have to put / the less life and the fact that u wont reach 60 fhr bp imo. if u are happy with your iratha sorc its up to u^^ btw except the + max res, rare items got much more res then irathas.

and.. its not that expensive to get some average rare items. it might be even cheaper than irathas ^^

This post was edited by Moonrise on Aug 8 2008 10:10am
Aug 8 2008 10:20am
understood, it's a substantial str investment to toss that heavy crown on. The dex boost for shard, as well as the ias/frw boost suit my style of play a bit as well though. Years ago, when I first started messing around with it, honestly the biggest issue I had with iratha's was the 3 row belt. (aside from the whole succumbing to using a set)

as for looks/style - it's never been a large concern of mine. my nub Din is wearing an fhr, life, FR/LR/PR mask, a red serpents skin, and a green bone shield... biggrin.gif

This post was edited by IridescentPIG on Aug 8 2008 10:21am
Gold: 42.05
Aug 8 2008 10:34am
Quote (IridescentPIG @ Fri, Aug 8 2008, 05:20pm)
understood, it's a substantial str investment to toss that heavy crown on. The dex boost for shard, as well as the ias/frw boost suit my style of play a bit as well though. Years ago, when I first started messing around with it, honestly the biggest issue I had with iratha's was the 3 row belt. (aside from the whole succumbing to using a set)

as for looks/style - it's never been a large concern of mine. my nub Din is wearing an fhr, life, FR/LR/PR mask, a red serpents skin, and a green bone shield... biggrin.gif

okay, some details tongue.gif

full irathas (helm+glove+belt+amu) gives u: (just mentioned the important stats)

65 pr
65 cr
65 lr
65 fr
25 dex
10 max res

thats correct?

according to "a cheap sorc build" im going to write down stats of mid class rare items.

helm: 10 fhr 20 life 20/20 res
belt: 17 fhr 1x str 4x life 20 res
glove: lets say magefist 25% rep mana 20 fc +1 warmth (+12% rep)
amu: +1 sorc 20 pris

makes a total of: ~27-34 fhr 6x life 1x str 37% mana rep ~40 all res and +1 skill

the fact that u gain +20 fc from mages allows u to use cheaper and better stats/res rings without fc tongue.gif

btw im sure this discussion wont come to an end since its just based on someones opinion^^

This post was edited by Moonrise on Aug 8 2008 10:40am
Aug 8 2008 11:12am
full iratha's also gives +15 dex, and I forget exactly how much IAS/FRW - (10, or 20%?) which suits my method of playing - teleport, then run in circles spamming static at boss to avoid melee hits, then kill spell.

smile.gif and I don't use expensive fcr rings - shard = 50 fcr, 10 priz, and nn stat dex with iratha's+twitch.

and yes, since this, and most guides are just opinions, this will probably drag on until it's closed, or we grow bored of the discussion smile.gif
Gold: 1,099.05
Aug 9 2008 04:51pm
I must admit that i like firewall smile.gif after having maxed out my orb and synergies etc, 1k firewall dmg and rest in tele is my prefered build. in that way you can do travi hell too, you just wanna hire a light merc for the last hit on the light imunes wink.gif and i've had fire/cold imune seis once - i did melee attack there tongue.gif
Gold: 185,067.00
Aug 10 2008 04:39am
"I like" thumbsup.gif

Only comment is that you need 17 points in cm with items which equals -100%cr to monsters. Anymore is ignored in pwm as they would otherwise theoretically be able to break immunity to cold. However, one might opt for maxing CM in case an annoying char should cross your path lol. Max teleport is very nice imo for rushers as you get to pot very rarely.

A common problem that many new cl rushers encounter is the CI especially in a2 hell. Solution? Skip them. Tele past them to get the nescessary amulet + staff. In arcane they might spawn next to the summoner but try to lure them away so the rushee can enter and get quest and move along. IMO a secondary skill used to clear whole groups of CI's just isnt worth it. The ocassional de sies in nm cs can be dealth with as he is just a single monster.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Aug 10 2008 10:47am
20 teleport > 20 Ice Bolt
Gold: 50.00
Aug 10 2008 11:09am
what's wrong with my guied sad.gif ?
Gold: 34,840.00
Aug 11 2008 03:48pm
very nice guide with very good feedback

i'm bookmarking this and may try a classic rusher soon. i kinda miss classic sometimes.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll