d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev16506516526536542039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 75.00
Jan 25 2011 10:56pm
Quote (KramerFtw @ Jan 25 2011 10:55pm)
rofl, 3 cups of milk 4 times, 5 protein shakes , haha

sry, but just seems strange, but , 12 cups of milk is gonna be tough

i been drinking 12 cups of milk/ day for 3 weeks already. Its not a problem. At first it was pretty difficult, but i got use to it.

This post was edited by MegaVovaN on Jan 25 2011 10:58pm
Gold: 50.00
Jan 26 2011 12:55am
I can do 3 pull-ups with good form, how do I improve to hit like 15-20.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jan 26 2011 01:40am
Quote (MisterFurious @ Jan 25 2011 05:32pm)
Know anywhere to get some good Golf specific workouts? PM me if you do

The key to any specific workout training for a sport is to recreate the motions you use with that sport with resistance. For golf, a lot of cables are use in recreating the swing. It is also essential to build up hip strength, upper leg strength, core strength, and core flexibility for optimal drive. In addition forearm strength helps with control of the club and allows for more accurate shots.

I would recommend sticking to a very basic plan if you are training STRICTLY for golf.

Day 1 - recreate swinging using a cable machine with light-medium weight @ 10 sets of 8-15 reps (going up in weight), recreate swing with just one arm @ 5 sets per arm using light-medium weight @ 8-15 reps (going up in weight), Squats 5 sets of 8-12 reps medium-heavy weight, alternating weighted crunches 5 sets at 8-15 reps (medium weight), hanging leg raises 5 sets @ 20 reps each, wrist curls 5 sets @ 8-15 reps of medium weight, seated DB hammer curls 5 sets @ 8-15 reps of medium weight, Hip abductor and adductor machine 3 sets of each @ 8-12 reps each medium/heavy weight.

Day 2 - OFF (practice golf or work on cardio)

Day 3 - OFF (practice golf or work on cardio)

Day 4 - REPEAT DAY 1

Day 5 - OFF (practice golf or work on cardio)

Day 6 - OFF (practice golf or work on cardio)

Day 7 - REPEAT DAY 1

Jan 26 2011 01:41am
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Jan 26 2011 12:50am)
Hey raynor, sorry to bother you with this again. I realize that I need to adjust my diet again to fit my busy schedule

Heres my new meal plans, I made these and choose the foods that I don't need to cook much or spend too much time to prepare.

meal 1: 2 scoops of whey /w water + 1 cup oatmeal + 1 banana
(Hit the gym. Currently on Rippetoe 3x5)
meal 2: 200 g white pasta /w olive oil and garlic/tomato sauce + mixed nuts + 3 cups of milk /w whey
meal 3: 2x peanut butter sandwich (whole grain bread) + 3 cups of milk
meal 4: 2 cup of oatmeal + 1 plate of spinach (/w vinegar and olive oil) + 3 cups of milk /w whey
meal 5: 100g mixed nuts + 3 cups of milk /w whey

Will this help a 155 pound, 5' 8'' dude bulk up clean?

Is that enough protein, carbs, fats? aka macronutrient wise

Looks good to start with. Check your progress after 2 weeks. If you are not noticing gains come back to me and I will make adjustments.
Jan 26 2011 01:43am
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Jan 26 2011 02:55am)
I can do 3 pull-ups with good form, how do I improve to hit like 15-20.

practice makes perfect! work on lat pulldowns with lower than your bodyweight set on the machine. If you weigh 155 lbs, work with around 120 lbs on the lat pulldown and go until failure for 3-5 sets at least 2x per week. Gradually increase the weight on the lat pulldown machine. Once per week, go for your max of pullups (generally the 2nd lat pulldown day). After 2-3 weeks of this, you will notice a great increase of pullup power.

Basically just strengthen your back and biceps to make pull ups easier.
Gold: 7,229.10
Jan 26 2011 01:56am
what's the best skin care soap or gel? i mean what ingredients it should contain? like coconut, and so on and so on..
Gold: 451.64
Jan 26 2011 07:35am
Meal 1: 5 poached eggs with 2 slices of multigrain toast + 1 serving of fruit (you need some sugars upon waking up to stimulate metabolism)
Meal 2: multigrain sandwitch with can of tuna and slice of cheese and few slices of tomato
Meal 3: banana and apple w/ protein shake (EVEN ON NON-WORKOUT DAYS, but only 1 piece of fruit of non-workout days with the shake)
Meal 4: 8 oz chicken breast skinless with cup of broccoli and cup of green beans + 1 cup of brown rice or whole grain pasta or 1 large sweet potato (essential for bulking)
Meal 5: 2 cups of raw oats with 2 cups of 1% milk and a tbsp of honey and can of tuna
Meal 6: 250g of cottage cheese with diced medium carrot (for flavor and nutrition you can put the carrots on the side and mix the cottage cheese w/ peanut butter and cinnamon)

ok i have been following this diet for about 21 days now and im thinking i should add around 500 calories to my diet..im not gaining any weight as of yet however i feel slightly stronger in the gym and possibly more defined (lower bf). im probably eating at maintenance atm?

so i had a couple of questions...is there any sideaffects of eating the same thing for a long time? should i switch up meals?

should i include red meat into my diet?

if you agree and think i should up my caloric intake...what do you suggest i add to the diet and when?
Gold: 13.90
Jan 26 2011 09:10am
Hi again, Raynor!

I want to know some more about Anabolic Steriods, you got some sites / information about it?

I only heard how bad it's, like you get - boobs, smaller dick, aggressive, and so on. Want to know some more, anything good with it, lol all say it's just bad.

I think this is an interesting subject.

Thank you very much, you've helped me alot with my training - seen mass size gains since I started witht the Hypertrophy plan!

- Johnny.
Jan 26 2011 11:42am
Quote (iloveualot @ Jan 26 2011 03:56am)
what's the best skin care soap or gel? i mean what ingredients it should contain? like coconut, and so on and so on..

Depends on what you are looking for.

In general, natural bar soap with no added chemicals is the best method for skin care.

Check out Burt's Bees which can be found at any store and has pretty good ingredients.
Jan 26 2011 11:45am
Quote (Da_Greatest_77 @ Jan 26 2011 09:35am)
Meal 1: 5 poached eggs with 2 slices of multigrain toast + 1 serving of fruit (you need some sugars upon waking up to stimulate metabolism)
Meal 2: multigrain sandwitch with can of tuna and slice of cheese and few slices of tomato
Meal 3: banana and apple w/ protein shake (EVEN ON NON-WORKOUT DAYS, but only 1 piece of fruit of non-workout days with the shake)
Meal 4: 8 oz chicken breast skinless with cup of broccoli and cup of green beans + 1 cup of brown rice or whole grain pasta or 1 large sweet potato (essential for bulking)
Meal 5: 2 cups of raw oats with 2 cups of 1% milk and a tbsp of honey and can of tuna
Meal 6: 250g of cottage cheese with diced medium carrot (for flavor and nutrition you can put the carrots on the side and mix the cottage cheese w/ peanut butter and cinnamon)

ok i have been following this diet for about 21 days now and im thinking i should add around 500 calories to my diet..im not gaining any weight as of yet however i feel slightly stronger in the gym and possibly more defined (lower bf). im probably eating at maintenance atm?

so i had a couple of questions...is there any sideaffects of eating the same thing for a long time? should i switch up meals?

should i include red meat into my diet?

if you agree and think i should up my caloric intake...what do you suggest i add to the diet and when?

Hey there. You can definitely switch up your meals as you feel it necessary - there are no health effects from eating the same foods for a long time except boredom.

Just keep your MACROS in check (that means protein/fat/carbs and calories) - with that in mind, make good meal choices based on that and substitute things for other things...example, substitute a steak for chicken, or tuna for eggs, or a casein shake for cottage cheese, or whole grain pasta for brown rice/potato, etc.1

If you need to increase your diet another 500-800 cals, my recommendation would be to get cytogainer and use that as your protein shake. You should have 1-2 shakes a day (1 post workout and 1 at meal 3 on WORKOUT days - on nonworkout days just 1 is fine)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev16506516526536542039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll