d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev15285295305315322039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.00
Oct 14 2010 02:33pm
what kind of protein bars should i eat?
Gold: 50.00
Oct 14 2010 04:08pm
Quote (3atsarr0ws @ Oct 14 2010 01:33pm)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&o=5270

Post #5276

Gold: 21,055.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 14 2010 06:36pm
Hi, I've been going to the gym for about six weeks now and have noticed a small amount of wight gain. I've been working on hypertrophy and am just looking to increase my muscle mass a bit. I eat pretty healthy and work play basketball on a regular basis etc. All im really after is what kind of supplement if any you would recommend. not looking to be Arnie or anything close just a bit of definition.

Thanks.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 14 2010 09:43pm
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Oct 14 2010 06:08pm)

Thank you very much for helping out! =)

Quote (3atsarr0ws @ Oct 14 2010 04:33pm)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=325411616

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Oct 14 2010 09:50pm
Oct 14 2010 09:48pm
Quote (zeebot9 @ Oct 14 2010 08:36pm)
Hi, I've been going to the gym for about six weeks now and have noticed a small amount of wight gain. I've been working on hypertrophy and am just looking to increase my muscle mass a bit. I eat pretty healthy and work play basketball on a regular basis etc. All im really after is what kind of supplement if any you would recommend. not looking to be Arnie or anything close just a bit of definition.

Thanks.

supplements for hypertrophy =

Multivitamin (NOW! Adam or CL Orange Triad) (take 2x doses per day)
NOW! Vitamin C (take 1g 3x per day)
NOW! Vitamin D (take 5,000iu once per day)
Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate (20g / day for 7 days and then 5g / day for 3 months, then cycle off for 1 week and repeat - also make sure to mix with grape juice...take post or pre workout)
NOW! Arginine + Ornithine (take 3x pre workout, 3x post workout, and 3x pre-bedtime)
NOW! ZMA (take 3x before bed every night)
Optimum BCAA-1000 (take 3x every 45 mins before/during/after during exercise)

Protein shakes - depending on your bodytype...if you are looking to bulk, try Cytosport Cytogainer. If you are looking for general purpose, try Gaspari Myofusion or Optimum Procomplex (regular, not the gainer). If you are cutting, try now! 100% whey isolate.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Oct 14 2010 09:49pm
Oct 14 2010 09:50pm
Quote (burton_clash @ Oct 13 2010 11:42pm)
=D in remission with my arthritis

allowed to do heavy weights

was wondering if i could get a 5 day workout plan

i really want to work my chest and achieve big biceps

also atm i have a 4 pack abs but i have a small gut so its hard to get the lower abs to show

5'9
drinking protein shakes also after workout

would this be a good workout plan?
mon - chest +abs
tues - back
weds - shoulders + arms
thurs - legs+abs
friday - chest+biceps
ty for some help  :D

I'm glad to hear that!

please try this workout plan then:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=321315004
Gold: 0.00
Oct 14 2010 10:18pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Oct 14 2010 08:50pm)
I'm glad to hear that!

please try this workout plan then:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=321315004

will do! ty
Gold: 1,583.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 15 2010 01:42am
Okay brother had a question for ya.

Why not work out 1 or 2 days a week

doing the intire body with big compound excersises.
Working out at high intensity with max weights. 30mins

Instead of doing all these isolation and dysfunctional nonsense
for like 4-5days a week 1-2hrs per day.

I hope you know what DOMS is and can give me a good
reason backing up with anatomy
Gold: 7,229.10
Oct 15 2010 08:28am
hows this for clean bulking diet? 180cm / 75 kg.. 3 days of heavy weight lifting per week

also how can i achieve this. Wear at least XL shirts without increasing my jeans size?

Breakfast:

5 Whole Eggs
1,5 cups Oatmeal
skim milk
apple

Snack:

Tuna
lettuce
Whole Wheat Bread

Lunch:

Chicken Breast
brown rice
lettuce
flaxseed oil

Snack:

2 Scoops Protein Powder Mixed With water

Dinner:

Fish
Brown Rice
A Salad
flaxseed oil

Before Bed:

Cottage Cheese

Rounds up to 235 protein 431 carbs 85 fat 3750 kcal

This post was edited by iloveualot on Oct 15 2010 08:44am
Oct 15 2010 10:40am
Quote (mizure @ Oct 15 2010 03:42am)
Okay brother had a question for ya.

Why not work out 1 or 2 days a week

doing the intire body with big compound excersises.
Working out at high intensity with max weights. 30mins

Instead of doing all these isolation and dysfunctional nonsense
for like 4-5days a week 1-2hrs per day.

I hope you know what DOMS is and can give me a good
reason backing up with anatomy

Hey there.

There are many different types of working out based on goals.

In order to train to be a bodybuilder (symmetry, sculpture, size, thickness and separation) requires a lot of training at the gym in order to spark life into smaller muscle groups, forcibly tear muscle fibers to accelerate hypertrophe, and constantly encourage a blood and oxygen pump to the major muscle groups. In addition, GH production increases, test production increases, and more calories are burned (hinders some unnecessary fat gain). Bodybuilders thus take anywhere between 4-6 days a week for training, but more likely 6 days with the 7th day dedicated to solid rest, recovery, and massage. The true greats like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dorian Yates, Franco Columbu, Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler (great to see him win mr. O this year), etc. have all used a minimum of 5 day a week plans. These guys spent at least 3-4 hours a day in the gym, often going 2x per day (morning and night). They focused on supersets, breakdowns, failures, overloads, etc. It was balls-to-the-wall training until they often puked. The results are indisputable. If training 2x per week worked, these guys would not be former and current Mr. O.

To train to be a powerlifter (strength, form, focus on several particular exercises) requires a LOT of rest between sets, a lot of focus on particular exercises, and also all the max efforts going into one muscle group at a time. Thus this requires a minimum of 4 days a week of training, but more efficiently 5. Because of the nature of powerlifting, one sometimes needs to focus a day on stabilizer muscles to prevent injuries by strengthening the muscles which are stressed the most during a lift and can be the difference between success and failure of the rep. As a result, you can expect to train 4-5 days / week as a powerlifter. Greats like Scott Mendelson, Gene Rychlak, etc. all like(d) to take huge breaks between sets and rarely focus on more than 1-2 muscle groups per workout. They use 1-2 days off per week, but on the days off sometimes focus on stabilizer muscles, stretching, and massage.

Now, for strongman training (pure strength, total muscular endurance, moderate cardiovascular stamina), you will require the MOST training of all. Sometimes 4 or more hours per day for efficient gains. The reason for this is because in order to train cardiovascular and for muscular endurance requires a lot of TIME dedication in order to increase both of those things. You will not see any gains lifting heavy 2x per week in the strongman department. Paying huge attention to muscular endurance training along with practical lifts, power lifts, and exclusive lifts will all be necessary each and every day of the week. You do get ONE day off, but during that day it is advised to do some mild cardio throughout the day (swimming is HUGELY encouraged), but if muscles need more recovery, stick to light jogs. This plan is a true 7 day a week plan. Greats like Mariusz Pudzianowski and Bill Kazmier trained heavy and hard (4+ hrs per day) 6 days a week and on the 7th day rested but also did cardio or focused stretching/massage.

Lastly, we have general strength/muscular/tone/shape gains. This is for the average person who wants to either maintain or achieve small gains at the gym. This is for regular people who don't have a specific goal in mind other than to look better, feel better, and get a bit stronger (or hold onto all their hard work after years of toil at the gym). For them, 2x per week is absolutely fine. One day focused on the entire upper body, and other day focused entirely on the lower body. The huge gap in days in which the body has a chance to rest really slows gains tremendously, regardless of the intensity of the training for each one of the 2x days per week. However, combined with good cardio training (HIIT preferred) and maybe even a day or two of swimming, one can see a good overall bodyshape as a result (compared to doing nothing). I have seen people make small gains each year with plans like this (after the honeymoon phase of lifting where the body responds like crazy and grows no matter what). So in theory, while this plan does work, it is simply not the BEST or even close.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev15285295305315322039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll