d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1200620072008200920102039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2017 10:29am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 26 2017 02:18pm)
Is it only in the ankles or your pelvis?

I did the Thomas test, and I have relatively good hip flexibility.. But I still stretch my hips daily.

I'm pretty sure it's my ankles, I did a mobility test and failed miserably. The one where you get into a lunge position and place your foot 5 inches from the wall and attempt to touch your knee to the wall while keeping your foot completely flat on the ground? Yeah, my left ankle could do the above test with 2 inch distance and the right I could hardly break 1 inch.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on May 26 2017 10:38am
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 27 2017 02:06pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ May 26 2017 12:29pm)
I did the Thomas test, and I have relatively good hip flexibility.. But I still stretch my hips daily.

I'm pretty sure it's my ankles, I did a mobility test and failed miserably. The one where you get into a lunge position and place your foot 5 inches from the wall and attempt to touch your knee to the wall while keeping your foot completely flat on the ground? Yeah, my left ankle could do the above test with 2 inch distance and the right I could hardly break 1 inch.

OK I see - so does this problem only occur for front squats or regular squats as well?
May 27 2017 05:55pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 27 2017 08:06pm)
OK I see - so does this problem only occur for front squats or regular squats as well?

Front, regular and body weight. The squat movement in general. And my deads are affected as well.
May 28 2017 06:28pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ May 27 2017 07:55pm)
Front, regular and body weight. The squat movement in general. And my deads are affected as well.

Are you flat footed? Have you ever seen a podiatrist to evaluate your arch and foot shape? If not, you might want to. A custom orthotic might solve all your problems. Someone with flat feet will have ankle problems with squats, as the ankles tend to bow inwards to compensate for the lack of an arch.
May 29 2017 07:05am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 29 2017 12:28am)
Are you flat footed? Have you ever seen a podiatrist to evaluate your arch and foot shape? If not, you might want to. A custom orthotic might solve all your problems. Someone with flat feet will have ankle problems with squats, as the ankles tend to bow inwards to compensate for the lack of an arch.

I've seen a podiatrist before for a separate issue, he never really commented on me being flat footed. I'm fairly sure I'm not, I remember being fitted for shoes in the Navy, they mapped my feet and they didn't say I was.

I've started stretching my calves/bottom of feet and I believe I've already seen improvement.
Gold: 570.00
May 30 2017 12:35pm
Hello Mr. Raynor, hope you're having a great day.

I got a tendinitis in the right knee that really started to appear progressively and slowly. I worked out because at this particular moment it was not to a point where it hurt much. When I arrived home and my body temperature cooled down and everything, it really started to hurt, and the next day I was not able to walk. It healed very fast tho, two days later there was only little residual pain left. Been more than a week now, and the residual pain is still there.

I've made research and apparently it could all be linked to my glutes not being solicited enough and them being weak, along with weak hamstrings and poor hip mobility, which then affected the knee. My QL is also very tight and sore and has been for months and months now. I've been working on strengthening glutes/hamstrings in isolation with a few exercises I found on Youtube for this particular matter, along with foam rolling the quads and calves.

So my question is, should I also foam roll my ass and hamstrings, or just keep strengthening them and stretch/foam roll the rest? Am I even doing things right? My goal is to fix QL being super sore/tight all the time, and getting my knee healthy again

Somehow I feel like when I foam/stretch my ass, my QL starts to feel a little more sore immediately.

Any help is appreciated, thanks :) :D :P

EDIT:

Of course I know RICE will help with the knee, but I'm looking at the long term solution here. I worked out like an idiot for several years and have created many imbalances in my body, trying to reverse all that. To help clear things up, summary of what I feel in mah body:
-Tight hips
-Tight quads/calves
-Tight/sore QL (even when resting, it keeps cracking too)
-Weak glutes/hamstrings

What I been doing:
-Foam rolling quads & exterior of hips, along with calves
-Foam rolling QL (with a tennis ball)
-Stretching quads/QL/obliques/lats (I feel like my QL being tight affects all the way up to my lats, they're tight most of the time too)
-Massaging knee

EDIT 2
pls help ill find fg somehow and dn8
xoxoxoxo

This post was edited by Bourse on May 30 2017 12:54pm
May 30 2017 05:17pm
and not to keep hammering you with questions but..

I just got some blood work done for a life insurance policy.. My BUN was high, like 31 high..

I am on a high protein diet, probably 1-1.4g a protein pp of lean mass.. Could this be the culprit? Or should I follow up with my pcp/be concerned at all?
Jun 5 2017 06:29am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ May 29 2017 09:05am)
I've seen a podiatrist before for a separate issue, he never really commented on me being flat footed. I'm fairly sure I'm not, I remember being fitted for shoes in the Navy, they mapped my feet and they didn't say I was.

I've started stretching my calves/bottom of feet and I believe I've already seen improvement.

If stretching and ROM exercises have improved your condition, then continue on this path. Also look into general orthotics for your shoes. You may not be flat footed, but you still may have an underlying positional issue that generates this problem.
Jun 5 2017 07:04am
Quote (Bourse @ May 30 2017 02:35pm)
Hello Mr. Raynor, hope you're having a great day.

I got a tendinitis in the right knee that really started to appear progressively and slowly. I worked out because at this particular moment it was not to a point where it hurt much. When I arrived home and my body temperature cooled down and everything, it really started to hurt, and the next day I was not able to walk. It healed very fast tho, two days later there was only little residual pain left. Been more than a week now, and the residual pain is still there.

I've made research and apparently it could all be linked to my glutes not being solicited enough and them being weak, along with weak hamstrings and poor hip mobility, which then affected the knee. My QL is also very tight and sore and has been for months and months now. I've been working on strengthening glutes/hamstrings in isolation with a few exercises I found on Youtube for this particular matter, along with foam rolling the quads and calves.

So my question is, should I also foam roll my ass and hamstrings, or just keep strengthening them and stretch/foam roll the rest? Am I even doing things right? My goal is to fix QL being super sore/tight all the time, and getting my knee healthy again

Somehow I feel like when I foam/stretch my ass, my QL starts to feel a little more sore immediately.

Any help is appreciated, thanks :) :D :P

EDIT:

Of course I know RICE will help with the knee, but I'm looking at the long term solution here. I worked out like an idiot for several years and have created many imbalances in my body, trying to reverse all that. To help clear things up, summary of what I feel in mah body:
-Tight hips
-Tight quads/calves
-Tight/sore QL (even when resting, it keeps cracking too)
-Weak glutes/hamstrings

What I been doing:
-Foam rolling quads & exterior of hips, along with calves
-Foam rolling QL (with a tennis ball)
-Stretching quads/QL/obliques/lats (I feel like my QL being tight affects all the way up to my lats, they're tight most of the time too)
-Massaging knee

EDIT 2
pls help ill find fg somehow and dn8
xoxoxoxo

It looks like you have been doing everything perfectly well for your condition. I would definitely focus on building the full leg strength, with a concentration on hamstrings/glutes. Wrap your knees prior to lifting for the first 6-8 weeks and continue RICE as usual.
Jun 5 2017 07:09am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ May 30 2017 07:17pm)
and not to keep hammering you with questions but..

I just got some blood work done for a life insurance policy.. My BUN was high, like 31 high..

I am on a high protein diet, probably 1-1.4g a protein pp of lean mass.. Could this be the culprit? Or should I follow up with my pcp/be concerned at all?

Technically, you are supposed to not eat meat or any other protein within 24 hours of properly testing BUN to get an accurate result. Although, 31 is a very high BUN for just having typical 1-1.4g pp protein.

If you are concerned, do the test again with 24 hours no protein and see how it comes out.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1200620072008200920102039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll